WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gotta be honest...Aaron Solow is never going to do anything bigger or  more important than being Bayley's boyfriend/fiancé. He's definitely not a "future face" of anything. So, if this decision stemmed from him trying to make a name for himself in AEW...then, man...I just think he made a big mistake. On the other hand, if Bayley instigated the split, then at least she let Aaron tweet about it like it was his idea. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, Generations said:

I gotta be honest...Aaron Solow is never going to do anything bigger or  more important than being Bayley's boyfriend/fiancé. He's definitely not a "future face" of anything. So, if this decision stemmed from him trying to make a name for himself in AEW...then, man...I just think he made a big mistake. On the other hand, if Bayley instigated the split, then at least she let Aaron tweet about it like it was his idea. Lol. 

well gotdamn Gen...i mean...not wrong but damn bro. lmao lowkey though that’s kinda how i feel about everybody i’ve seen in the Nightmare Family aside from Lee but even he doesn’t do much for me yet.

He really is just a dipshit. Who knew. 

Also, terrible look for the business that is hosting him. Gonna guess that most wrestlers probably just blacklisted that place from potential signings...

and that's assuming they aren't shut down for being in violation of the health restrictions.

Edited by Generations

Guest Fight Me.

It's that time of the year again. The Observer Awards are out and people getting big mad over Meltzer's fans voting for WWE for most of the worst categories and AEW taking most of the best categories.

I can understand being upset about how biased it seems. But like...who honestly disagrees with The Fiend being the worst gimmick, The Fiend having the worst matches, The Fiend voted the most overrated, The Fiend/Braun having the worst feud, Super Showdown being the worst show, WWE releasing people in a pandemic being disgusting and Raw being the worst show. Like...what?? Who disagrees with these??? :lol:

At least Bayley won Women's MVP and Pat McAfee won Rookie of the Year lol

Edited by Fight Me.

My two main takeaways: Moxley is very overrated. And MVP not even being nominated for Best Non-Wrestler and Best on Interviews is a bunch of bull. I like Taz and I think he’s done a nice job since joining AEW, but he’s a cheap knockoff of what MVP does on RAW.

Oh, and FTR/Young Bucks being nominated for Feud of the Year is laughable. I knew the results would heavily skew toward AEW since they have an insane amount of goodwill among online fans as well as having a very devoted cult following — but this one really had my eyes rolling because I had thought even their most devoted would admit that this feud stunk and wasn’t as successful as it could have been. But nope! They thought it was great! Ha.

Its a fan voted thing in the end, so there is that.
But can people really honestly say that WWE should have gotten away better?
With the product they did the last year?

I mean people say that Vince should be booker of the year for reigns and edge...really?
Vince who has guys like andrade and black sitting at home for months, who does nothing with his tag division, who has a broken midcard and a raw womens champion nobody gives a damn about?
Who had with the fiend a incredible gimmick, and butchered it already in the first match?

Is it way too pro AEW while ignoring good stuff ROH, Impact etc did? Absolutly.

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I can honestly say WWE should have had a bigger presence in those awards (and I’m someone who’s been rather critical towards them and NXT). AEW dominating the nominations like that with the product they had is ridiculous to me and shows the poor taste Observer voters have. I’ve already stated the lack of MVP in Interviews but where’s Edge? Adam Cole? Jericho hamming it up was better? Cody was better than Edge?

How about that MOTY list? Stadium Stampede got nominated but Styles/Bryan, Edge/Orton II, Charlotte/Rhea, Balor/O’Reilly I, and the RR match didn’t. So voters liked that match more than those matches? What? Is this a joke?

Rhea wasn’t booked that great this year, but she still is more of a dimensional wrestler than Britt Baker & Shida and had better matches than both of them. Yet no nomination. In fact, she was better in 2020 than she was in 2019. Again, her booking was abysmal but her work got richer. But apparently the voters are marks who failed to recognize her improvement.

OC is a more worthy nomination for Most Charismatic than Sami Zayne? Keith Lee? Priest? Balor?

And that’s only a handful of examples. There’s so much more you can point to.

Guest Fight Me.

I loved the Stadium Stampede but...I definitely think a new category should've been made for matches like that lol

I can't even defend Rhea Ripley's 2020. There's women who had a better year than her in NXT alone, let alone in wrestling. How about a company no one's taking about? How about the year Deonna Purazzo had in Impact? The only time I see them on the list is The North nominated for tag team of the year. And I think they are better contenders than that then people believe.

Edited by Fight Me.

Young Bucks won team of the year?! When for the most part they've been a shambles. Flip flopping between face and heel tactics, having atrocious non believable promos, copy and paste matches, shockingly underwhelming feud with FTR.  So that poor booking argument doesn't wash with me, since AEW seemingly cleaned house here.

I'm no avid defender or fan of wwe but I think the leeway and bias given to AEW is truly laughable at times, especially with the Observer.

4 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

I loved the Stadium Stampede but...I definitely think a new category should've been made for matches like that lol

I can't even defend Rhea Ripley's 2020. There's women who had a better year than her in NXT alone, let alone in wrestling. How about a company no one's taking about? How about the year Deonna Purazzo had in Impact? The only time I see them on the list is The North nominated for tag team of the year. And I think they are better contenders than that then people believe.

Like I said Rhea's booking was awful, but are you telling me you can't see that her work (in-ring, on the mic, charisma -- the stuff that she has more control over) had gotten even stronger in 2020? The Charlotte match. The Mercedes Steel Cage match. The first Raquel match. Dakota match. Countless other matches. She herself was doing stellar stuff throughout the year despite the backwards booking.

As for other companies not getting recognition... Well, speaking for myself, I don't watch them and therefore I don't comment on them. I liked what I saw of Deonna in NXT (and I wish she was still there) -- but I don't watch her current stuff because I have absolute zero interest in that promotion.

Guest Fight Me.

The Randy Orton/Soulja Boy beef lol T-Bar is in there too.

Not WWE, but Joey Ryan is back and tryna throw a women's charity event lol