EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vickie Guerrero Says WWE Has Stopped Talking to Her After AEW appearance

Vickie Guerrero has revealed that WWE has stopped talking to her since she made an appearance for AEW in December 2019.

The former on-screen General Manager recently asked WWE if she would be able to have some Superstars as guests on her 'Excuse Me' podcast, which began in September 2019.

However, she mentioned in conversation with Chris Benoit’s son, David Benoit, during a recent episode that the company no longer speaks to her following her stint on commentary on the December 11 taping of AEW Dark.

“I have the podcast now and I had asked to interview some Superstars for my podcast, and they found out I went to AEW and now they don’t even talk to me. Between me and you [David Benoit], they didn’t call me for two years, I haven’t heard from them, what did they expect me to do? Just to sit here and wait for them to call so I could do some work?”

Guerrero added that she loves wrestling and she is not going to pass up opportunities to work and perform when she is not obligated to one promotion, hence why she accepted AEW’s offer to call commentary.

“I love wrestling. I love to work in the ring. And if someone is giving me an opportunity to go and show up and have some fun, then I should be able to because I’m not obligated to anybody. I saw that I p****d in their Cheerios, so be it.”

It should be noted that two current WWE Superstars, Edge and Ruby Riott, appeared on Guerrero’s podcast in October 2019, but the majority of episodes since then have featured ex-WWE personnel or talent from AEW.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2020/02/vickie-guerrero-says-wwe-has-stopped.html

not surprised. just more of WWEs typical pettyness. Superstar Billy Graham just recently ripped into Vince for it on his facebook.

Honestly...I understand showing her respect as an extended member of the "WWE family" for her history with Eddie and the company...but, it's not like she's actually a "valuable" person to have on speed-dial for the sake of the WWE product. Even the way she laid out her complaints...it sounds like she's looking for work, and WWE is ignoring her because they don't want her on the show. And I don't blame them for that. She isn't needed on the show. Not sure if they ever explicitly told her that they aren't looking to use her (they definitely should, instead of just ignoring her)...but, I don't know. Something about Vickie always rubbed me the wrong way, tbh.

And I mean...does WWE even handle their talents in regards to what kind of podcasts they do? Isn't that kind of on Vickie to just call up people she knows and ask them if they want to do that? She should have an entire contact list full of friends in the business. Isn't it more logical to call them up and ask them personally? I mean...if she's totally blackballed, and WWE is telling talents "yeah...don't speak with her", then that's shitty and dumb. But I can't imagine that being the case.

Sounds more like a case of WWE being too busy with WWE stuff to make time for something as trivial as Vickie's podcast...especially with Wrestlemania right around the corner.

Her AEW appearance was abysmal, and that should be an indicator of why WWE is ignoring her, more than anything else...because she isn't needed.

Edited by Generations

Approval is one thing...but I would still imagine that directly asking the person you want, and then leaving it up to them to ask their employer (the WWE) would be the more logical thing to do. If she's directly calling up WWE and expecting them to just send talent her way, then I can understand them ignoring her.

Guest Fight Me.

Damn. Swear I read something weeks ago about Joe and other names were about to be suspended. I guess we'll see if others are coming too. Looks like he's going to miss Mania AGAIN. Besides squashing Rey last year, he's missed every Mania since signing. Crazy how Joe has yet to have a Mania moment. Smh.

Edited by Fight Me.

Damn. Swear I read something weeks ago about Joe and other names were about to be suspended. I guess we'll see if others are coming too. Looks like he's going to miss Mania AGAIN. Besides squashing Rey last year, he's missed every Mania since signing. Crazy how Joe has yet to have a Mania moment. Smh.

Why would he miss Mania? Ain't it only 30 days?

^

lmao :lol:

tbh, it bothers me that they don't release the substance that led to somebodys suspension.

A lot of the times, it isn't even a substance issue. People fail for refusing to comply sometimes. Like...I think it was Primo or someone who recently failed, and he said they wanted him to pay for his own plane ticket to fly from Puerto Rico out to the place where they had their doctor, and he flat out refused...so he "failed" the wellness test. I have a feeling that happens more often than we hear about.

Also, think I've heard stories of doctors coming to hotels and legit waking dudes up at like 4am to do a test, and of course no one is having that shit. Think a lot of guys are just like "whatever...give me the vacation". Lol.

Edited by Generations

Guest Fight Me.

What can they really build towards for him with a a week or so left when he comes back? His best bet is the Andre Battle Royal and no point for him to be in that unless he wins. I guess he could, but who knows if they'll reward him so quick after suspension.

Why would he miss Mania? Ain't it only 30 days?

^

lmao :lol:

tbh, it bothers me that they don't release the substance that led to somebodys suspension.

A lot of the times, it isn't even a substance issue. People fail for refusing to comply sometimes. Like...I think it was Primo or someone who recently failed, and he said they wanted him to pay for his own plane ticket to fly from Puerto Rico out to the place where they had their doctor, and he flat out refused...so he "failed" the wellness test. I have a feeling that happens more often than we hear about.

Also, think I've heard stories of doctors coming to hotels and legit waking dudes up at like 4am to do a test, and of course no one is having that shit. Think a lot of guys are just like "whatever...give me the vacation". Lol.

Well yeah, exactly. I get it that they are ambigious about it on all fronts, and if it is something severe, or legit steroids or something, he will probably be punished more in the long run.

But still, it ain't fair.

• 2 weeks later...