WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that it doesnt sound like something Dream would do, but how much can one trust someone like EC3 on that?
That man isnt all that well in his head either.

But damn, those who got into the recent support campaign of Dream...must feel really dumb right about now i hope.

Guest Fight Me.
1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Not that it doesnt sound like something Dream would do, but how much can one trust someone like EC3 on that?
That man isnt all that well in his head either.

This story came out years ago but it was off the record so people couldn't just report it. Plus EC3 said this happened before their match at Takeover, where Dream actually gave him a concussion.

Guest Fight Me.
19 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

I assume that's good? English is not my first language and I don't understand what that position means exactly.

Don't worry, I think most wouldn't know what that means without someone breaking it down lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Could be something, could be nothing...

Credit:pwinsider 

The Hollywood Reporter featured a piece today about the difficulties facing Warner Brothers Discovery in the wake of their recent merger with one of the most interesting aspects coming out of it being the idea of a potential merger with WBD and NBC Universal:

"Given the company’s daunting challenges, it has become accepted wisdom at the highest levels of the industry that another deal waits in the wings for Warner Bros. Discovery. For reasons related to the complicated structure of that merger, no negotiations can happen until April 2024. But at that point, many industry observers believe that Comcast’s Brian Roberts will make a long-awaited move, looking to combine NBCUniversal and Warner Bros. Discovery.

That deal would face some interesting antitrust issues but would give his company scale and a viable streaming service. “Obviously Peacock sucks,” says one exec with knowledge of both companies. “There are some good synergies. I’m sure [Roberts] is licking his chops because the [WBD] stock is so low. And I think that’s Zaslav’s endgame. Get the place sold.” (Roberts and NBCU CEO Jeff Shell met with Zaslav and board member John Malone during the Allen & Co. gathering in Sun Valley last July, but given the rules against plotting any combination, that was no doubt just a friendly get-together.) A?WBD spokesperson responds: “We are building Warner Bros. Discovery for the long term.” 

Many top industry execs are so convinced a deal will happen that some are pre-mourning an event that may never happen. “People feel like it’s Comcast for sure,” says the head of one company. “It’s going to be so depressing to lose another major studio [after Disney bought Fox]. And Warners was the Tiffany studio.” "

While 2024 is a long way off, the theoretical merger would have massive ramifications for professional wrestling.  NBC Universal is the long-time exclusive cable home to WWE programming while WBD inherited WarnerMedia's existing deal with AEW, which currently runs through 2024.  Obviously, if the two companies had a merger, it's impossible to tell what this would mean for professional wrestling as a whole on a national cable broadcast level

• 1 month later...