WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New Vince allegations about sexism and racism in writers meetings. How many weeks of negative Vince press does there need to be until the new management ultimately parts ways with him? The guy is absolutely nothing but negative press...week after week, and month after month.

Edited by Generations

Vince McMahon, WWE Sued by Ex-Writer Over ‘Racist’ Scene Scripts

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., Vince McMahon, and other executives allegedly discriminated and retaliated against a Black female writer for objecting to “offensively racist and stereotypical jargon” used in the scripts of Black wrestlers including Bianca Belair and Apollo Crews, according to a new lawsuit.

The lawsuit ‘Britney Abrahams vs WWE’ also states:

That on another occasion, a writer allegedly proposed that a Muslim’s wrestler’s secret in a script be that he was “behind the 9/11 attacks.”

Other writers suggested a Black male wrestler should dress in drag.

A script including instructing Bianca Belair to say “Uh-Uh! Don’t make me take off my earrings and beat your ass! " 

Apollo Crews to speak with a “stereotypical and exaggerated Nigerian accent,” but was rebuffed.

A key detail in the lawsuit also states that Bianca Belair informed Plaintiff that she told Chris Dunn (involved in the lawsuit): “3 different times that I don’t want to say that line! But he never listens to me! He puts that line in every week!”.

Belair also said the script’s discriminatory line(s) made her look “ghetto”.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/vince-mcmahon-wwe-sued-by-ex-writer-over-racist-scene-scripts

More bullet points from the lawsuit:

• Ms. Sylvers & Plaintiff (the only black writers on the team, at the time) were tasked to pitch a love storyline between wrestlers Aaliyah, Mansoor & Angel Garza. Ms. Sylvers and Plaintiff pitched that Mansoor has a secret that he’s keeping from Aaliyah. Ryan Callahan (involved in lawsuit) disagreed with the secret Ms. Sylvers and Plaintiff wanted for the character. Instead, Callahan suggested, “how about his secret is he's behind the 9/11 attacks?”
  • WWE forced wrestler Apollo Crews to speak with a Nigerian accent, just because of his Nigerian lineage. Plaintiff emailed Ryan Callahan and complained about the offensive nature of the requirement for Apollo Crews to speak with a stereotypical and exaggerated Nigerian accent. However, despite Plaintiff’s complaint, Callahan failed and/or refused to take corrective action and as a result Callahan and WWE forced Plaintiff to require Apollo Crews to speak with a racially artificial Nigerian accent.

• It was discussed in the WWE writer’s Slack channel (app) before a show, that a new wrestler, Reggie, would dress in drag complete with wig and tights, “so he could partner with Carmella, a female wrestler, in a tag-team match against other female wrestlers.”

• Ryan Callahan who’s name has been involved with a lot of the daunting details in the current lawsuit is, as of today, the Vice President of WWE #SmackDown. Callahan Previously was fired as RAW’s lead writer in 2019 after reportedly being classed as ‘too difficult to work with’.

13 hours ago, Generations said:

New Vince allegations about sexism and racism in writers meetings. How many weeks of negative Vince press does there need to be until the new management ultimately parts ways with him? The guy is absolutely nothing but negative press...week after week, and month after month.

They have UFC under their banner, i doubt that negative press is bothering them too much.
But then, literally the only problem for weeks is one person...its not a bunch that cause negative press over and over again.
Its really just one old guy who has been proven to be out of touch.

Like, just get rid of Vince...thats all they need to do for things to run smooth again.

26 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

What's wrong with that Bianca line? I don't get it.

Stereotypical black hoodrat(chet) antics, the removal of the earrings before scrapping (even though it's something anybody with earrings should do) and especially announcing it, hence why Bianca referred to it as "ghetto".

It's a thing, trust

If she came up with that line on her own, and literally wanted to say it...then nothing would have been wrong with it...but, having a white guy be like "you should say this very ghetto sounding thing" is definitely not okay. Also, I'm assuming he said it with the inflection. White people love to copy accents and then be like "I didn't do that". My mom does it all the time. It absolutely kills me inside.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, T-Hell said:

Of course the woman with three freaking children would kill herself..

Oh, c'mon man...there are plenty of happy people with three or more kids.

That's a crazy thing to say. Especially when those kids don't have a mother now.

Edited by Generations

21 hours ago, Generations said:

Oh, c'mon man...there are plenty of happy people with three or more kids.

That's a crazy thing to say. Especially when those kids don't have a mother now.

I'm afraid you didn't get me. I mean that when it comes to the irony of life, I'm not even surprised that 3 children lost their mother due to suicide.  To me it's infuriating. Like.. why would you kill herself when you have 3 kids? I know the mind can do horrendous things to you, but jesus.. it's almost like she waited until after being a mother for the third time on purpose or something. I don't know.. this is just me getting mad at the universe for being so unfair sometimes.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:49 PM, Generations said:

Apparently they say now that Sara Lee killed herself with a combination of alcohol and pills, and there were "letters of intent" discovered. Damn.

Damn. That’s so sad. I remember people speculating they thought it was because she was recently sick. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 1:20 PM, Graeme Jones said:

Apparently Chavo was "Heeling" when he said that about Rey. Typical excuse they all use when they can't take the heat!

It’s just funny to me because he literally could be taking all this weird energy and putting it towards his actual family drama. He’s not signed, there’s no program to build so it’s not even an angle within wrestling. He’s just shooting and being a Kerwin White. No one legitimately cares how he explains Eddie and Rey’s friendship. Everyone else around them knows they were close and as a fan and viewer it’s apparent. He has it own insecurities etc. Because why else would you randomly shoot on someone honoring your Uncle’s legacy? Like gtfo. *Censored* that guy.