WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i say keep MitB. the match has direct implications on the future of the title scene just like the Rumble. it has a functional purpose unlike the rest of the gimmick PLE’s. i also think there’s an argument for Elimination Chamber in that aspect because usually the match is either for the title or a title shot at Mania for someone who didn’t win the Rumble.

41 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

Maybe do men's mitb at WM night 1 and women's at night 2, or viceversa. And then rename the Elimination Chamber ppv to No Way Out like the old days or something like that.

This please. Getting MitB back on Mania also means some people who are otherwise shafted to the Battle Royal can have a chance at making the card.

Since the main roster got WarGames, I'd be for NXT getting the Chamber, they'd need to hold it away from the PC though.

As far as the name for that event goes, I always liked No Escape (which is what they use for EC in Germany) and thought they should just use that everywhere. No Way Out works too, though.

I do like 'No Way Out' more than 'No Escape'...(it some how feels more dire). 

Anyway...any changes to the treatment of specialty matches are welcome in my book. - Vince really buried the shit out of most of those special match types. (There have been 51 Hell in a Cell matches now)...which sounds ridiculous to even say out loud or put into text. I mean...how many of them were memorable? Maybe...5 or 10? I feel like 10 would be a stretch. We definitely did not need most of them.

Edited by Generations

• 3 weeks later...

The name is whatever. Doesn't bother me. But Mia in general has always been pretty cringe to me. 

Just imagine creating your own nickname and telling people it means crazy in Korean. Lol. Give it a rest.

I mean...if the female member of The Club had been of Japanese heritage, you could have got away with Anderson/Gallows/Styles giving her a Japanese nickname, since they all know a bit of Japanese. But with Mia being Korean, those three obviously don't know shit about Korean...so you just have her nicknaming herself...which is always absurd, IMO. - People who nickname themselves are the *censored*ing worst. 

Edited by Generations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not drama, and not specifically WWE related...but, I've been saying for years that Batista has the best acting career of any of the wrestlers who have done it. - It's great to see people finally recognizing this. (Weird that it took the sequel to Knives Out...but, I'm glad he got to a point where he's trending). The dude has always picked his roles very carefully and never really had any significant "misses". Whereas, someone like The Rock might get paid a shitload, but makes predominantly stinkers. - You look at Dave's IMDB, and you just think "this is a solid, solid list of films". 

Edited by Generations

Teddeh! Lemme holla at'cha, playa!

The singular entity known as Nobody hasn't been bothered by Vince. But there is a growing list of other individuals that HAVE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Credit:pwinsider 

Vince being Vince..

Bloomberg has a story today covering the potential sale of WWE.

Acorrding to the story:

Vince McMahon "s looking to get as much as $9 billion" in a sale of WWE, according to people that they say are familiar with McMahon.  Right now, the company has market cap of about $6.5 billion so that is far more than the company is worth.  Also keep in mind that part of that valuation comes from the rise in the stock price that took place after Vince stated plans to look into selling.  If he could get that much, I am sure he wouild sell in a second.

The story states that, "The company has already received offers, said the people, who requested that they not be identified because the discussions are private. WWE declined to comment."

According to the story the potential investors include:

*Endeavor, which owns UFC.

*Investors from The Middle East (Saudi Arabia, of course).

The story notes that Endeavor would need help from a third party to make the same.  Who knows, maybe they will work with The Saudis.

The story says that Netflix and Disney "may be uneasy taking on a business controlled by McMahon".  CEO Nick Khan has already stated that is not a term of sale for the right price.

The story also stated, "Any media company interested in airing the programs could also use this moment to buy the whole business. WWE has been one of the most popular draws for Comcast’s Peacock streaming service

I'm done even reading shit about the sale until it actually happens. Swear...I just heard a few days ago that the top contenders were Disney and Comcast...now this article says Endeavor and Saudi Arabia are likely again? I'm just gonna wait till something actually happens. Lol

Personally still pulling for either Disney, Comcast, or Tony Khan...because, I truly think UFC or Saudi ownership will kill the product. Saudi is the worst scenario...because people are gonna walk based solely on what that represents. And Endeavor just seems like a bunch of bullshit will come with it...because I really don't think UFC has been handled well in a long ass time. It honestly became unwatchable to me at a certain point.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 6:35 PM, Generations said:

"Guns good...derp"

Untitled.png.292f078fcc5b175663a859b17eb38cbe.png

That last part of the quote is something.
Because every day America shows why trusting its people with Guns is a bad idea.

Still, always sad to see how hard the Former Kane fell.
Becoming your regular rightwing nutjob.