WWE Drama

EJ!

I was always under the knowledge unless, I made the mistake of reading one too many “sheets”, that the creative control didn’t pertain to anything regarding the actual title defenses or wins. More so, they couldn’t give him a silly ass gimmick or embarrass via segment or etc. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, The Nerd said:

I get that. For me though, it doesn’t change the perspective of what he was willing to do. His boss told him to do something. He should’ve did it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

That's a silly thing to say, unless you mean in this case and not always for any employee. Why couldn't Vince let Bret lose to someone else? Why so insistent on dropping the title to Shawn? 

The thing is, it was such an avoidable situation, too. Putting aside granting a guy creative control to begin with, Bret still had the rest of November left on his contract, so he did not NEED to drop it at Montreal. It wasn’t that urgent where the next night he was no longer contracted to WWE. They still had time left to get the belt off him. Plus, this whole idea that Bret was going to show up at WCW with the belt was super unlikely anyway. WWF would have sued them for using their IP just like they for the Blaze incident. I also don’t think Turner/Bischoff were very keen to put up with another lawsuit when they had Nash/Hall lawsuit going.

I guess it was just Vince being Completely delusional.
He had a good relationship with Bret and all, Bret turned down a big WCW Contract back in the day for Vince and all that.
What in gods name made Vince even think that Bret would go to WCW with the title? 

Judging by the A&E doc on Bret, Vince is going with the “Bret showing up on Nitro with the belt” narrative. But it’s such a cop out if you take a closer look at the details. The narrative I buy into is Vince and co. simply didn’t want to see the headline of “WCW Signs Current WWF World Champion, Bret Hart!” gracing news articles. And rightfully so. That is embarrassing. The belt obviously needed to get off Bret. But there still was enough time to do that and it didn’t need to be HBK. Like I said, this was totally avoidable. It didn’t need to go this way. This whole narrative that Bret gave him no other choice is such nonsense to me. I don’t buy it.

Charlotte's ego and temper has been steadily getting out of control, it's about time WWE did something to curb it.

Perhaps if they'd stepped in earlier it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

11 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Charlotte's ego and temper has been steadily getting out of control, it's about time WWE did something to curb it.

Perhaps if they'd stepped in earlier it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

I dont know if they could have done anything, dont know what kind of person Charlotte is...but i cant imagine forcing her into every semi important thing that happened in WWEs Womens division, helped much.
Wouldnt surprise me if that did a lot to make her feel like she is untouchable and the be all end all part of the division.

9 hours ago, The Nerd said:

I’m not understanding how she wanted to drop it to Bianca rather than do a title switch yet the hate is squarely on her. That just really seems like bullshit. But meh.

Because her motives don't matter, she still went off script and tried to embarrass the woman she was in the ring with, practically non-violently going into business for herself.

You don't get to go out on stage at a play and suddenly change the script to embarrass your co-star, even if you think you have a good reason. Doesn't work that way.

also i’m not all the way sure how a title swap would make her look weak. it’s dumb, yeah, but i don’t see how it’s harmful to her specifically. how would her being beat for the title make her look better than still being an undisputed champion? i don’t think the “strength in defeat” booking would work here unless they had Bianca beat her unfairly which would be even dumber and again would only strengthen Charlotte at the expense of somebody else.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:00 PM, CROSS-Out said:

Because her motives don't matter, she still went off script and tried to embarrass the woman she was in the ring with, practically non-violently going into business for herself.

You don't get to go out on stage at a play and suddenly change the script to embarrass your co-star, even if you think you have a good reason. Doesn't work that way.

A lot of people go off script and don’t get trashed this much. So, I don’t agree.

A title swap devalues the title which is bad enough being a scripted wrestling championship. But again, I’ll die on the hill. There simply isn’t much that could sway me on feeling she deserves as much hate as she’s getting. I’m not saying she shouldn’t get any backlash but begging for her to be fired and etc is just tacky. Not on here have I seen that but Twitter and other places. 

Yeah but you can forget Twitter in general.
Twitter isnt really the value you use to make a stand on anything.

The same twitter claimes Rosa mendez and Alicia Fox are the pinnacle of Womens Wrestling.

Of course she doesnt deserve to be fired, but she was completely in the wrong on how she acted, because her behaviour in the ring made Sonya and Becky look really bad and that you just cant do.
They are on your side, they are not the creative team, they are not the people who call the shots, they are the people that should be able to rely on you to be a teamplayer...and Charlotte wasnt that in this situation.
She was selfish and unprofessional, disrespecting Becky and Sonya above all...and that is not okay at all.

Becky ended up looking fine anyway with the belt toss to Charlotte. I can get being mad at first and maybe still be irked that she was left in the dark but Charlotte made that segment work for both of them and not just one person (Becky). They gave Charlotte nothing in that segment originally and she made the best out of the situation by improvising (and so did Becky). If it was bad improvisation (like breaking kayfabe) we can talk, but it wasn’t. So I think it’s a little silly that this has been dwelled upon as much as it has. In fact, in defending their opinion against Charlotte, it now feels like people are against improvising in wrestling or something. It’s like a carnal sin if you go “off-script.” Screw that. I rather the talent work with the crowd (without breaking kayfabe) than stay with what was originally scripted.

8 hours ago, The Nerd said:

A lot of people go off script and don’t get trashed this much. So, I don’t agree.

To the detriment of the people they're opposite of? When?

You also need to remember, this is apparently the culmination of a lot of backstage issues with her as well. Her temper is very clearly becoming a problem.

Edited by CROSS-Out

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

To the detriment of the people they're opposite of? When?

You also need to remember, this is apparently the culmination of a lot of backstage issues with her as well. Her temper is very clearly becoming a problem.

I don’t believe everything I read. I’m sure she definitely has an ego but all wrestlers do. They can they don’t but they all do. It’s hard for me to believe one and discredit other reports of other wrestlers. I don’t pick and choose. Unless there’s blatant and multiple moments captured on video I just don’t believe she’s this huge nightmare backstage. I mean Shawn was a nightmare I’m sure it’s not to levels they’ve never seen before. If it was at levels borderline unbearable sure but this seems different to me.

Guest Fight Me.
1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

Does this reporter usualy end his tweets with "please subscribe"?

Sounds desperate...

Fightful is the most subbed and reliable news source out there today lol Sean Ross Sapp broke the news of Punk returning to wrestling.