• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.
3 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

I think it could be 50/50 with Owens but I can see wwe making him a good offer. What connection does mount rushmore have with wrestling besides the saying of "your mount rushmore of greatest wrestlers"

Mount Rushmore was his stable with the Young Bucks and Adam Cole in PWG.

Edited by Fight Me.

Honestly, I’m not really surprised. Before AEW took off, I was just sitting there thinking like, damn, KO had a great run, but it still feels like he’s forgotten about. Like he could be a bigger deal. Glad he got at least one world title run but even then that wasn’t handled right. Can’t blame him If he wants to test the waters somewhere else. 

Guest Fight Me.

KO is just a dude in WWE nowadays despite working his ass off. I swear I see him hosting the KO Show more than wrestling usually. Dude's just bullshitting around with Happy Corbin when he could be doing more. They peaked with his booking after his first 2 years and haven't used him great since.

2 hours ago, Generations said:

I don't see any credence to a statement like that. I mean...who do they want signed to AEW? It's one thing to claim that representation is missing...but you can't just pick names off a list and say "okay, AEW...push them". There are some great black wrestlers out there, but they are signed to other places. As for the black athletes already in AEW...I don't feel any of them are placed at a level that doesn't fit what they have to offer. Swole is pretty awful. Red Velvet is a botch machine. Private Party are entirely meh. Jade Cargill gets a pretty big push, and I'm not even sure why...

nah if WWE can find the talent then AEW surely can, because it definitely is out there. but personally, AEW has earned my trust. i think just like with the women’s division, it’s only a matter of time. 

they do have talent in-house though. i remember during the early days of AEW i was saying Scorpio should be a breakout star and for whatever reason,  that didn’t happen. as good as he and Ethan Page are, it was such an odd lateral move for him. i think Hobbs is on his way, hopefully sooner than later. i think the Rhodes family is holding Shotty back but he’s gotta be in Tony’s long term plans. and i haven’t had the chance to watch him fully yet but everybody swears by Lee Moriarty so hopefully Tony sees the same thing. AEW has come up short but like i said i’m willing to be a lil more patient as long as i know these guys are around.

to the names you mentioned, i gotta disagree. not sure what makes Swole awful. Red Velvet had a couple mishaps sure but the biggest botch has been her booking. they were not careful at all with her booking for the feud with Britt and now she continues to get booed for nothing. she’s talented and she deserved better. Private Party, again, the most meh thing about them has been their booking. they were a highlight of the tag division before Hardy came along, they should have been huge by now. and Jade is still pretty green but i definitely think she’s being groomed to be a top player in the future and rightfully so imo.

Edited by EJ!

I hope Kevin does NOT re-sign his contract. That would be like extending a prison sentence in Alcatraz! I'm sure Tony can slot him in, he'd be a fool to let him slip through his fingers. Yeah yeah, I know they can't sign every Wrestler, but Kevin is one you want on any roster. 

Hard to say how this goes with Owens.
He seems by now first and foremost a Family man, so i think that is his main concern.
Making the most money for his Family.

But he doesnt strike me as a guy who throws his Money out with both hands, so i do think a pay cut wouldnt hurt him too much....but you never know on that front.
He would still make good money in AEW and have more time for Family etc.

However he doesnt strike me as a guy who is unhappy with where he is now.
Like i said, the next Months will be very interesting.

I'm fine with Omega being number one. Guy had 3(?) World Titles at one point.

They usually only count it up to around June right? That just misses Reigns' matches with Edge, Cena and Balor. If it actually counted up to right now then Reigns probably would have pipped Omega.

It's June '20 - July '21, I believe. So no Cena or Balor but it does included Edge, Bryan, Rey, Kevin Owens, Drew, Fiend, and Strowman. All former world champions. Omega has who? Sami Callihan, Moose, OC, PAC, Jungle Boy, Swann, and Moxley? I mean in terms of the caliber of the competitors, I think Roman has him beat.

51 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Remember it's a kayfabe list. So it's based on their kayfabe accomplishments. But I'm with you, I think Roman is a better wrestler than Omega. No question.

spicy take. they won’t like that one.