EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

When Triple H started getting more power there were always rumors that if he took over he would clear house of some of “Vince guys” like Bruce and Kevin Dunn

and what a *censored*ing heroic act that would have been

Guest Fight Me.

No more trips to Japan and any plans for an NXT Japan are done it seems. All their corporate people over there have been let go. I wonder what this means for Kairi Sane, who was still around as an ambassador scouting talent and providing commentary for WWE PPVs.

4 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

When Triple H started getting more power there were always rumors that if he took over he would clear house of some of “Vince guys” like Bruce and Kevin Dunn

But that’s just fans talking, no? I’ve heard there was heat with Dunn but never with Prichard.

Credit:pwinsider

ESPN.com has a long piece on what led to the debut of CM Punk in AEW to set the stage for this weekend's All Out PPV.

It was noted in the piece that 30 minutes before he walked out on TV, Punk's lawyer texted him to tell him it might be a good time to sign his AEW contract, so Punk actually signed his deal backstage at the United Center just before he appeared on Rampage.

The article also noted that WWE attempted to bring Punk back into the fold "through intermediaries" and that Punk listened, but the conversations "never really got off the ground" -

"I remember one of the first things I ever said to them was, 'Above all, don't play games,'" Punk told ESPN. "And they played games. Some things never change. ... When you enter a conversation with people you have a past with and you know who they are, how seriously can you take it? I know exactly who they are and they just continue to prove it. I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possibly can."

Wwe being wwe..

It really sounds like NXT will be trash moving forward. Makes me kinda glad that I haven't had the time to keep up with it for the better part of the past year.

Now instead of mourning a loss, I can just continue to move forward with business as usual.

Edited by Generations

Honestly, it’s been the best it’s been since moving to USA. They’re more focused. There’s more direction. There’s less gimmicky match bullshit. People who need wins, get wins. People who aren’t wrestling, get promo time. It ‘s closest it’s felt like the old WWE Network days to me. And yet all people want to do right now is bitch about shit that hasn’t even happened yet instead of actually talking about the good content they’ve been airing.

If there ever was a bridge to burn, Mick Foley just took out some sticks and are robbing them together to make flames..

Credit:Pwinsider

Foley's 100% right,but Vince is not gonna change his ways..

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley released a video this morning, declaring that WWE has a problem due to AEW. 

"Hello, this is the hardcore legend Mick Foley. I'd like to title this video WWE, We've Got a Problem because I think you do and that problem is that WWE is no longer the place for talent to aspire to.

Part of it is because AEW is doing a great job of attracting great talent, proven talent, building other talent, creating storylines, but part of it is a problem of your own making.

I think younger talent sees the way that developmental characters are cut or left by the wayside or in the case of Karrion Kross, greatly watered down and even made a joke of when they debut on the main roster. If it's not broke, don't fix it. 

If I was an aspiring talent now, big league talent with a major decision to make, I'm not sure that I would trust WWE creative to do the right thing with my career. You guys did wonders with me back in the day, that was a different time, different place.

If it was today, I'm not sure I would trust the powers to be with my career in their hands. And until that changes, WWE, you've got a problem."

Guest Fight Me.

Seeing a lot of conversations online about AEW's lack of representation of black wrestlers. I mean no black champions, no black referees, a lot of black stars are showcased on just Dark or Elevation. Like today people are upset the Big Swole/Diamante Three Strikes match is on Dark. I love AEW but I think they have a point to be honest.

Edited by Fight Me.

I don't see any credence to a statement like that. I mean...who do they want signed to AEW? It's one thing to claim that representation is missing...but you can't just pick names off a list and say "okay, AEW...push them". There are some great black wrestlers out there, but they are signed to other places. As for the black athletes already in AEW...I don't feel any of them are placed at a level that doesn't fit what they have to offer. Swole is pretty awful. Red Velvet is a botch machine. Private Party are entirely meh. Jade Cargill gets a pretty big push, and I'm not even sure why...