WWE Drama

EJ!

How far does "good for the brand" go when nobody is watching or attending shows? I'm just genuinely curious how they see things going in the end.

Sure...there are plenty of corners to cut so you can make extra money here and there. But, eventually you will be left with precisely nothing. Saudi Arabia is willing to pay billions for these gross shows because they think WWE has the best talents. But when all the legends are gone, those checks will stop coming. Networks are willing to pay big money for contracts with WWE because they expect good viewrship. But when those numbers are down, those checks will stop coming also. Investors are willing to buy WWE stocks because the company has value. But at what point does that value drop off?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/8/23/22638641/alistair-overeem-uses-homophobic-language-in-rant-on-cm-punk-brock-lesnar-and-pro-wrestling

Lesnar’s return to the WWE after a one-year layoff and Punk’s AEW debut were two big pops for pro wrestling this past week. But the mere mention of Lesnar prompted a dismissive diatribe from Overeem about sports entertainment that included homophobic language.

“The thing is with that whole wrestling thing, I watched it when I was 8, 9, 10 years old,” said Overeem, who faces Verhoeven on Oct. 23 under the GLORY banner. “Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, huge fan of those guys. Honky Tonk Man. Great, funny. Andre The Giant. I stopped watching after that, so I’m not watching since [1992, 1993, 1994].

“And just recently, I started looking again on YouTube, and oh my God, this stuff is lame. It’s just lame what these guys are doing. It’s fake. It’s lame. It’s stupid. It’s gay. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Overeem doubled down on his opinion when asked about the athleticism and entertainment on display in the wrestling ring.

“It’s lame,” he said. “It’s not even a sport. It’s just lame. It’s bad acting. It’s just lame. Sorry for all the fans of WWE, but I’m just being honest. I’m just giving my opinion. Free country, right? I think it’s lame, and because I hadn’t seen it for 20 years. I never watched Brock fight. I never watched CM Punk fight. I knew they were from WWE.”

Overeem insinuated Lesnar’s success in the octagon was the product of performance-enhancing drugs, saying it was “pre-USADA.” (After his UFC 200 comeback in 2016, Lesnar failed two drug tests by the anti-doping agency and was suspended for one year with his win over Mark Hunt overturned to a no-contest.)

Of his own past with MMA regulators, which included the denial of a fight license a pre-fight drug test revealed a 14-to-1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio (or 14 times the T/E ratio of a normal adult male), Overeem indicated it was a different story.

“I’ve been fighting 10 years in the UFC — it’s been nine years after my thing, so I guess that clears me of that, right? Six years post-USADA, so longer post-USADA than pre-USADA,” he said.

Despite his dislike for their craft, Overeem called the premature deaths of several pro wrestlers a “sad thing.” But he said the danger inside the octagon was preventable for someone like Punk, who had no formal MMA training when he signed with the UFC.

“Listen, why did nobody warn CM Punk what he was getting into? Of course, he can’t fight in the UFC,” Overeem said. “You should have been more honest. You should have warned that guy of what he was getting himself into.

“That man got mentally destroyed in the octagon. And if you look at his WWE stuff...I never watched his WWE stuff, but if you look at it, you can already predict it beforehand — this man is going to have a bad, bad experience in the UFC. He’s going to win, and he’s going to get somebody tougher, or he’s going to lose, and he’s not going to lose once — it’s always two or three times, and he could get hurt. That’s the even worse thing. He could have gotten really hurt.”

This isn't drama...just hilarious.

I'm watching "Monday Not Raw" on Effy's twitch:

• Effy's BF: "Who is Meltzer?"
  • Effy "He's like a 60 year old man who lives in a room full of files." 
  • Effy's BF: "Oooh, does he have a cat?"
  • Effy: "I don't think so. I think cats hate him."

Hahahaha

6 hours ago, Generations said:

Using the G word as a slur in 2021 is a death sentence. Good luck with that.

He has his UFC fanbase that is fine with such stuff, so he can rely on them no matter what.
Too few UFC fans push back on that kind of stuff, but i hope that changes over time.

"Its gay" is such a childish and embarrassing comment, especially coming from someone who makes his career in a sport that is mainly about aggressivly crawling over other guys.
If the opposite of him and what he stands for is "Gay" i gladly take it.

Acting like Two guys standing in a cage and hitting each other is some high class spectacle, is hilarious.

Conspiracy time, thanks to observant reddit users

When CM Punk debuted in aew, he had the letters AC & CF written on his shoes

Fans are saying it stands for Adam Cole & Charlotte Flair

RDT_20210824_1411191289064940895852901.jpg

RDT_20210824_1411086343026311744656230.jpg

Edited by glennsoe

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/booker-t-says-cm-punk-struck-out-during-his-aew-debut-because-he-talked-about-wwe-and-ice-cream-bars/

However, WWE Hall Of Famer Booker T feels that Punk’s promo fell short because he mentioned WWE.

Booker said, “CM Punk is back man and I got a chance to witness the return of CM Punk, I really did. I don’t know, you guys out there that are big AEW fans, you guys agree to disagree with me. But me, I’m always telling it like it is, y’all know that…and I’m gonna tell it like it is on this one right there as well. I want all of the listeners, I need you guys to challenge me on this one. I’m begging you to challenge me on what I’m talking about…”

Booker continued, “CM Punk came back and he had 10 full television minutes to go out there and make his point as far as CM Punk being back. He had the perfect crowd to be able to go out there and really, I’m talking about have a party up in that United Center. But CM Punk came back and took his moment and chose to talk about WWE. That right there was just a total miss as far as I’m concerned [he] struck out. I can only imagine if The Rock had that same 21,000 in Miami, Florida. The Rock would have talked about every landmark in Miami and that everybody in Miami frequented…he would have had those fans going crazy with excitement but CM Punk chose to talk about the WWE and that 9 minutes went back so slow when it could have been a party going on in the United Center.”

Booker continued, “I’m saying from a perspective to where I’m making my comeback and I’m thinking about the other side, that’s totally a place that I wouldn’t even be going. As well as you talk about how the moment started out on a rise and after the music stopped playing, the rise just started going down. It never came back up. That’s a moment for you? I get it, I understand that but my point is the moment, once the bell rings and the bell rings after the music stops as far as I’m concerned and I just don’t think CM Punk delivered the way he could have as far as a promo goes because I didn’t feel the promo. I felt like a guy talking about WWE and when you’re talking about the other side, only thing you’re doing is giving those guys airtime. Of course, I know the AEW crowd will eat that up but for me as a professional, that’s the last thing that I’m gonna be thinking about is the other side. I’m gonna be thinking about the here and the now. Like I said, I could be wrong but I just think he missed a moment there in front of his hometown [with] over 20,000 people…”

Booker continued, “For me, it was the same promo that was given in WWE. It was about WWE. It had nothing meaningful to it as far as what I’m gonna create, who I’m gonna blow up, how I’m gonna take AEW by – coming in being a nice guy and throwing out freaking ice cream bars, who gives a damn about that?”

After a commercial break, Booker acknowledged the listeners in the chat were not happy with what he said about Punk. Booker added that he likes CM Punk and he’s not saying that he doesn’t bring anything to the table. Booker also said that he wants Punk to do well in life but he feels that Punk could have made a bigger impact if he didn’t talk about WWE and ice cream bars. Booker also said that Darby Allin is a babyface and he would have picked a heel for Punk’s first match in AEW.

Guest Fight Me.

Seeing some conflicting reports about Adam Cole. PWInsider is saying he's a free agent as of today, while Fightful is saying he'll be a free agent on Friday. Both are very reliable so this is interesting. Either way, sounds like he didn't sign a new deal.

Edited by Fight Me.

Latest from pwinsider on Cole

A source close to the situation reached out to PWInsider.com after my initial Adam Cole report went up and stated that Cole's contractual status with WWE is that his deal expires at the end of the week.

Internally within WWE, Cole is considered done with the company unless he is signed to a new deal.

My earlier report featured a line that Cole is 100% a free agent.  That was an error on my part and it has been removed.

For those asking if Adam Cole is popping up on AEW this week, that could not logistically happen as he could not even have contract discussions until after the end of this week.  As I wrote earlier, Cole could also re-sign with WWE if they come to terms

32 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

If I were Cole I'd be running to the nearest exit looking at what they're doing to Kross at the moment.

Unlike Kross, Cole has a much higher standing in the company and is very much loved all around.
He is definitly in a better position than Humungus(XD get it, Mad Max Reference XD).

But yeah, unless creative freedom is in his contract, i would run for the exit and save myself while momentum is high.

4 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Unlike Kross, Cole has a much higher standing in the company and is very much loved all around.
He is definitly in a better position than Humungus(XD get it, Mad Max Reference XD).

But yeah, unless creative freedom is in his contract, i would run for the exit and save myself while momentum is high.

As much as I would like to think Cole should thrive on the main roster, I don't trust this company for second. They'd get bored of him in a few months despite how how good of a worker he is.

Saying that Cole "couldn't have contract discussions until his WWE contract runs out" is such a weird thing to believe.

Maybe he's not supposed to...but, who are they kidding with pretending that he isn't/won't/hasn't already? 

That dude has 100% had negotiations already (probably months ago). And whatever his decision is, he probably made that months ago as well. He can't legally sign a contract when he has the existing one (plus the 30 days)...but, these people are tripping if they think he doesn't already have specific plans.

Edited by Generations

25 minutes ago, EJ! said:

guys…

cutting it REAL close if he’s not planning on staying 

Just was about to post this. 

Things keep getting interesting, but this makes me pretty Sure He re-signs with wwe. They wouldnt have him there and all when they are uncertain...but then, its wwe so who knows.