WWE Drama

EJ!

Literally the only thing WWE has to offer people anymore are "big money" contracts. I think most people have come to their senses about WWE being a "dream job", and see now that the titles barely even mean anything. There are only so many times that you can watch someone like Lesnar, Goldberg, etc. swoop in and get title shot after title shot when they haven't earned one. People like Charlotte and Cole leaving are going to be a massive signal for others to do the same, IMO.

I wish Nakamura would get out of there while he can still do solid work for NJPW...but, now they're greasing his wheels extra hard.

Edited by Generations

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

Speaking of Twitter, is it just me or have trends (for you) been *censored*ed up lately? I swear every mother*censored*er trends, tweets could be days or weeks old. Like right now I got Ryback trending for no reason lmao

Edited by Fight Me.

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley returned to Twitter this week and made a post this afternoon in defense of former WWE Champion CM Punk.

As noted earlier today, WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns spoke with Ariel Helwani to promote his SummerSlam main event against John Cena. Helwani mentioned how Punk and others have talked in the past about part-time talents coming back to take main event spots in WWE. He asked Reigns how he felt about that type of arrangement. Reigns’ response included a shot at Punk.

“I can see it from both perspectives,” Reigns responded. “But I think you said it before, that ‘high tide raises all the boats’ and everybody benefits. So I do think there’s that strange threshold, but I think those statements are coming from bitter people who possibly thought they were better than they really were. When it comes down to it, CM Punk was not as good or as over as a John Cena, wasn’t as good or as over or moved the needle like The Rock. It just was what it was.”

You can click here for Reigns’ full response, which includes comments on how he feels about Cena returning to share a main event with him.

In an update, Foley re-tweeted the video of Helwani talking to Reigns, and stood up for Punk, who is expected to debut for AEW later this week.

“CM PUNK WAS DAMN GOOD, AND DAMN OVER. With one interview he changed the course of the wrestling business. He had great matches with a wide variety of opponents on a nightly basis. When/if he returns to wrestling, he will once again be damn good and damn over. @CMPunk,” Foley wrote.

Reigns and Punk have not responded to Foley’s comments as of this writing, and Punk has not addressed the original comments from Reigns.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2021/08/mick-foley-defends-cm-punk-in-response-to-comments-from-roman-reigns.html

*Censored* off Roman

May also help to remember that Foley proposed a whole ass storyline to Vince that would have brought in Punk and Joe before Punk was in WWE. Also Foley isn't wrong. WWE isn't what it was today without the Summer of Punk.

And if you want to doubt his moving the needle power, Rampage & All Out were sold out in minutes due to speculation that Punk *MIGHT* be there. 

Roman ain’t letting Punk’s old comments about him slide.

i think Mox caught a stray in that same interview and man i feel bad cause Mox is always minding his business and people keep hitting him lol

Edited by EJ!

I appreciate that Romans heel character is going well for him, but i'm starting to be reminded of the occasional interview he used to do back early on where he came across as a pompous dickhead. If he doesn't want clap back, he needs to start keeping other peoples names out of his mouth.

You heard About Nick Khan before, but now you saw him and heard him speak...A businessman through and through...unlikeably as hell.
And it shows a very sad picture of where the WWE could go in the future.

Good for the Brand itself, but bad for the fans, bad for Wrestling as a whole.