WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole thing on the business being soft now is weird cause half the roster trains in MMA and could hold their own in a fight it just seems like hes pissy everyone for the most part gets along now. Just sounds like hes mad he wasn't able to bully the new  talent and do whatever drugs and *Censored* whatever rats he wanted to.

yeah these are the same brand of he-man geezers that clutched their pearls because Lio Rush didn’t wanna carry people’s bags. Riddle was looking for smoke from damn near everybody for like two years. Sin Cara was simply handing out asswhoopings. like nobody has to prove shit to these dudes but calling the locker room soft for trying to enjoy their work environment is wild to me and like i said, i doubt Taker or Goldberg says this shit backstage, Taker just wanted to seem cool in front of Rogan.

also Goldberg gotta shutup because i certainly don’t wanna hear about softness from a dude who got beat up by Jericho. sit this one out champ.

Edited by EJ!

Goldberg is supporting Taker's comments...

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/01/goldberg-agrees-with-undertakers-soft-comments-asks-youngsters-to-get-thicker-skin/

WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg is in agreement with The Undertaker’s recent take that the younger crop of wrestlers “lack an edge to them” and that the current WWE product is “soft.”

While speaking on the latest episode of After The Bell with Corey Graves, Goldberg delved into how the locker room has changed and “not for the better” in 2021.

“I don’t think things could go like they did back in the day in the current day,” said Goldberg (h/t/ Inside the Ropes) before responding to Graves about Undertaker’s recent criticism.

“When you hear the comments about me coming back and doing one or two matches a year, how people are like, ‘He doesn’t deserve it, he never paid his dues, he was never on the road and these people are on the road…’ Hey, man, people forget very quickly what all of us did back in the day to earn the spot we are in the now – and I am one of the luckiest guys in the world.”

He added, “But, yes, I believe, comparatively, the business is soft – but the business is in 2021, so things have to change and things have to be different.”

Goldberg went onto ask younger talents to grow a thicker skin and accept criticism.

“Like I said, times are quite different than they were back then today but people are soft, people take offense to things way too quickly. Get a little thicker skin, boys and girls, that’s all I can say.

“When legends came in when I was in the business, in the beginning, I was greatly appreciative of the eyes they brought to our product and one day those young kids are going to be just like me and I hope that karma comes back to bite them in the ass, that’s all I can say. Because at 54 years old, I don’t know one of them that could be doing what I do.”

As for my opinion. I understand they grew in a different time and their mentality will be different (like video wasn't as big and relevant like now to their childhood time). I personally would be happy to know the next generation can continue the business in a safer, less toxic and friendlier environment. As somepne who went throught bullying at school and at work and have difficulty making new friends, I wish future kids don't go throught that.

As for current guys being ''nobodies''. WWE control who they push and their script. New Day wouldn't be the successful tag team they are if they continued the black gospel gimmick. Even with the friendly goofy cartoon direction they went, they managed to be over by being themselves. The only reason Vince didn't interfere in their push is because he doesn't care about the Tag Division.

Edited by AegisAvenger

Stupid nonsense due to this tough guy wannabe mentality.
Taking steroids and lifting weights, doesnt make a guy tough.

I doubt Taker or Goldberg could do in their prime stuff that rollins did during his crossfit workout.
I doubt they have the faith in their body and talent to risk their body like a ricochet does.
Or Cesaro, never was anybody of those tough guys as physicly strong as Cesaro.

And those people do/have done this while being on the road just as much.

The whole "nobodies" thing is bullshit too.
Because Taker or Goldberg wouldnt be where they are without being pushed by the company.
Otherwise nobody would know who they are, hell Goldberg is far from being a super well known person outside the wwe.
The wwe decides who is someone and who not.
Like i said before, they did all they could to drown out the fire Rusev had, they activly took peoples "cesaro section" signs away because they didnt wanted him to be seen as one of the hottest act on the roster.

Its easy for a Goldberg to talk big, he got lucky and got pushed to the moon and didnt had a company who is afraid he would outshine them.

Back during Goldberg and Undertaker's rookie days, the business probably didn't change much so the vets' advice probably worked. However, the business changed so their advice might not be useful, and it seems that's the case based on the way they're both crying. Goldberg would likely fail now because he sucks in the ring, and being able to wrestle is more important than it was long ago. Plus back then Vince had stiffer competition that would have put him out of business, so of course he was willing to do what he had to in order to survive, including listening to wrestlers and letting them have some control. 

The locker room seems much better too because guys actually get along and can help each other rather than be toxic and try to stab each other in the back. 

I think it has to do with the guys vs the company nowadays. Let’s take someone like Braun, he has gotten over multiple times but gets the rug pulled out from under him. The guys understand that they need each other to keep themselves sane, hence the video games and more friendships then the old school “brotherhood”. The prior generation has close “brothers” but everyone looked out for themselves and if they were getting over they were rewarded.

Roman Reigns Responds to Undertaker's 'Soft' Claim About Today's WWE Superstars

WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns appeared this week on the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast ... when asked what he thought about the older wrestlers' trash talk, Reigns didn't hold back.

"We do the same job," said Reigns. "It's not like the bumps got any worse or any better."

It's strange. I really feel like he misspoke. Because Mark is a really good guy. He's very knowledgable. Obviously, he has a ton of respect for the business. Goldberg is just Goldberg. Who cares? But he's talking about guns and knives in the locker room. Come on. You guys travel just like we did. Did you really get that stuff through security? TSA was just letting everything happen back then?

I choose to play video games sometimes on my own time. I don't do it at work ... And for guys like the New Day who are überly talented, they can get away with that. I hope the younger guys in the locker room don't fall into that because we're not all the same.

So, yeah, I don't always think there's room for video games in the locker room, but ... I'd rather my guys be playing video games than breaking into a bag of some sort.

Reigns ended his response to the Undertaker by saying, "I think it was just like a retired guy trying to sound gangster."

Full article: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/01/29/roman-reigns-undertaker-wwe-superstars-soft

Was Cesaro soft when he got his *censored*ing tooth shoved up his gums and continued the match? Oh, ok. I respect Taker however that was a really questionable thing to say. So the “current” regime likes to play video games instead of “going out for a drink with the boys”. That doesn’t make the current regime fellowship any less tough and it certainly doesn’t make them soft. When I watch up up down down and see all the guys and girls having fun and shooting the shit I enjoy it. Let’s not even get into the stupid, ignorant shit the guys were doing back in the day after a night out with the boys. I’ll leave it there. 

Now it is Jim Ross who agrees with Undertaker...

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/01/jim-ross-agrees-with-the-undertaker-on-the-toughness-of-wrestlers-today/

On a recent episode of Grilling JR, Jim Ross agreed with The Undertaker’s assessment on the current state of wrestlers. Ross explained why he felt wrestlers nowadays aren’t as tough as they used to be.

“Because they’re trained differently,” Ross said. “They’re brought into the business differently, they’re not sitting in a car, they’re not making 25-40 bucks a night. It’s just a different ball game and Takers got a good point there. Today’s wrestling getting chopped unmercifully to where your blood is rushing to the surface and bruising is already in affect, probably wouldn’t happen in today’s world because the offending person wouldn’t stand for it.

Ross made sure to mention that the changes in the business are not a negative. He noted that just because there have been changes doesn’t mean that they haven’t been a positive for the entire wrestling business as a whole.

“The COVID era of pro wrestling in a way has been a career extender for a lot of talents,” Ross noted. “They’re not on the road as much, they’re not traveling as much, they’ve got time to heel and focus on one major project. We always wanted the business to be better.

“You’re right about the business being better, could you imagine how much better it is right now than it was just a few years ago? Some of these things we were talking about [back in the day] weren’t as negative. Does that mean they shouldn’t have been changed? No, it just means it was more accepted in that era than some things are today.”

Edited by AegisAvenger

3 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Was Cesaro soft when he got his *censored*ing tooth shoved up his gums and continued the match? Oh, ok. I respect Taker however that was a really questionable thing to say. So the “current” regime likes to play video games instead of “going out for a drink with the boys”. That doesn’t make the current regime fellowship any less tough and it certainly doesn’t make them soft. When I watch up up down down and see all the guys and girls having fun and shooting the shit I enjoy it. Let’s not even get into the stupid, ignorant shit the guys were doing back in the day after a night out with the boys. I’ll leave it there. 

Now let’s not forget what has come out during Speaking Out. This generation of wrestlers are no angels either. They have their issues, too.

Guest Fight Me.

This all kind of reminds me of back when Bill DeMott was fired and everyone argued about whether or not it was okay to injure trainees lol

Edited by Fight Me.

3 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Now let’s not forget what has come out during Speaking Out. This generation of wrestlers are no angels either. They have their issues, too.

i imagine Taker’s generation saw that and was confused as to what the big deal was. if SpeakingOut happened even as recently as 15 years ago i’m sure Vince wouldn’t have a roster left.

I’m sure there’s plenty awfulness with them too, but your characterization of this generation is off and I think we need to stop perpetuating this stereotype that they’re just a bunch of harmless gamers who don’t get into trouble. As we’ve witnessed this past year, that is far from being the case.