WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WWE addressed some of the rules related to the edict that was issued to talents last week, giving them 30 days to cease all activities with third party platforms.

It was noted in the edict that repeat violations could lead to fines, suspension or termination. The edict led to a significant amount of criticism from fans, wrestlers and former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang, and was covered by the mainstream media.
WWE officials have reportedly relaxed some of the vague rules mentioned in last week's edict, according to Dave Meltzer of F4Wonline.com. The edict was addressed backstage at today's RAW taping from the Amway Center in Orlando, FL.

It was clarified that talent will be able to maintain both Twitch and YouTube accounts, but they have to do so using their real names, not their WWE ring names. Talents were also told that they have to inform the company of their YouTube and Twitch accounts, even though they will be using their real names.

The report noted that previously talents were told by WWE officials that they could not market themselves with their real names.

At today's meeting, nothing was reportedly made clear of exactly what will not be allowed on social media and other platforms, but the belief is that Cameo will not be allowed. The source noted to F4Wonline that this was still "super vague."

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2020/09/wwe-addresses-rules-for-new-third-party.html

Not "drama" related but I'm not sure where to put it - but Sasha Banks can be seen in the trailer for season 2 of the Mandalorian

Credit: pwinsider

WWE star Sasha Banks is seen fleetingly in the trailer for the second season of The Mandalorian, the first-ever Star Wars series.  Set several years after 1983's Return of the Jedi, The Mandalorian tells the story of a bounty hunter who has taken charge of a child with Jedi powers and is seeking to return it to its family while being hunted across the galaxy. 

In the trailer, Banks is seen momentarily wearing what appears to be a traditional Jedi robe as a voiceover discusses the nature of the Jedi and their past conflict with The Mandalorians.   Banks' character has not been officially revealed and how she is hinted to appear could prove to simply be a red herring. 

The Mandalorian's first season was very much acclaimed by critics and Star Wars fans alike with The Child (known in fan circles as Baby Yoda, although that is not the character's official name) becoming a massive pop culture figure.

Edited by glennsoe

On 9/14/2020 at 7:43 AM, AONO. said:

I don't get the reactions. I mean he pleaded not guilty, but that means *Censored* all, no?

Though, it sucks for Sonya since the trial will take longer.  

I think the reactions are busy he pleaded not guilty. The guy has no ground to stand on and no reason to be pleading not guilty, given all the evidence and his confession to the police.

Not surprising dude plead not guilty. I’m surprised they didn’t add “not guilty by way of insanity” or etc. Not going to diagnose him because that’s not my profession. However by his actions he clearly is unstable which in no way makes it right. Either way he needs to be locked away or get the extended and possibly lifetime treatment. I don’t give a damn if it’s way of padded room. Some things I just don’t feel you can be rehabilitated from. Stalking, creepy shit and so much more is next level shit. That’s like repeat offender shit in which said person does it consistently and often and it’s not good. So yeah, he plead not guilty because he possibly doesn’t feel he was wrong. To us, especially myself, he’s wrong whether he gets it or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive: WWE Taking Over Talents' Twitch Accounts In Four Weeks

Wrestling Inc. has learned that Vince McMahon sent an email to talent this week reminding them that they have until this Friday, October 2nd, to sever any unauthorized business relationships with third parties. It was noted that talent who fail to comply could be fined, suspended or terminated.

As Wrestling Inc. first exclusively reported in September, McMahon issued an edict instructing talent that they can no longer engage with third parties. The company later clarified the edict, stating that talent could maintain Twitch and YouTube accounts under their real names, however they would still need to inform the company of those accounts.

Wrestling Inc. has also learned that talent were told this week that the company will be taking control of their Twitch accounts in four weeks. WWE will own those accounts, however talent will receive a percentage of the revenue, which counts against their downside guarantees.

Former Democratic Presidential candidate Andrew Yang openly criticized the edict when it was first revealed last month, and said that he would take action if Joe Biden were to be elected President. Yang spoke with Wrestling Inc. recently about why he feels that WWE has been able to get away with some of their labor practices.

"A lot of it is that wrestlers are afraid to speak out, and I've had wrestlers past and present reach out to me and say that Vince has been getting away with exploitation of wrestlers calling them independent contractors while controlling their activities for years and years," Yang said. "A lot of it is just that they are a quasi-monopoly, and wrestlers fear that if they do try and unionize or organize in any way that Vince doesn't like, that it will never work again."

We have reached out to WWE and will provide any updates, and will provide updates if we receive any.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/10/exclusive-wwe-taking-over-talents-twitch-accounts-in-four-675426/?

What an absolute *Censored* of a company.

During yesterday’s episode of AEW Unrestricted, Miro discussed a gimmick that WWE proposed on him where his babyface character would have had erectile dysfunction. Miro says the idea was eventually shot down because he felt it was going to destroy his character in the eyes of the fans.

They wanted [Lana] to say I was a sex addict, but the original pitch was that I have erectile dysfunction. They really wanted to kill me, completely. I don’t think in anybody’s eyes how the babyface has erectile dysfunction that he’s a good guy. There’s nothing wrong with people who have erectile dysfunction, people take care of it, but that was not the case here. There was no coming back from it. Absolutely no coming back from it. I told them, ‘Vince, this is going to bury me completely.’ He already had the man who took my wife, then I have erectile dysfunction, and I’m going to lose. I wasn’t supposed to lose, that just changed with time. I said it was a better idea if we do the sex addict thing, and he went for it right away. Thank God I did not have erectile dysfunction as a character.