EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

Brian Cage and Lacey Evans are feuding over the BME Moonsault. Not the Christopher Daniels version, but the one where you stand on the middle rope and then flip over to the top rope to do it. Personally I think of Kevin Owens before either of them...

Edited by Fight Me.

HBK acknowledging systemic racism and inequality shocks me, tbh, given he's from Texas. In fact, any white wrestler from the 80s and 90s knowing this is surprising, like Kevin Nash. 

On 6/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, AegisAvenger said:

Don't know if it been mentioned but CM Punk is attacking AJ Styles for staying silent and not showing any sign of support for BlackLivesMatter.

AJ's "response":

AJ, CM Punk took a shot at you for not voicing support for the Black Lives Matter movement amid all the protests that's going on. How do you react to that?

"I will not react at all coming from a guy like that I don't respect anyway. It doesn't really matter. Look, my job as a performer is to perform and get the mind off all the things that have happened throughout the world. I am not going to react to people saying ridiculous and stupid things."

https://www.timesofindia.com/sports/wwe/top-stories/preparing-for-daniel-is-not-an-easy-task-says-wwe-star-aj-styles/articleshow/76323807.cms

Nice tip toeing

So he reacts to punk by telling he is not reacting?
He has the time for this but not even a second to copy and paste something that denouces racism?
Its quite telling.

I get that people dont want to be political and so...i get it, i find it dumb but i get not caring about stuff like that.
But what currently happens, is not some policital side thing...its people standing up to systemical racism that has infested society to the point where many dont even recognize it as such.
Where people may not realize racism because it has constantly seeped into our society to the point where we think things are the normal.
But it isnt, what happens is the result of all of this...and its *censored*ing time to get rid of Racism, not give racism any inch to feast.
Keeping quiet is helping racism.
It is uncomfortable i get that, but its a discussion we simply cant ignore or keep silent about. 

He didn't exactly "react" though. He was asked about it in an interview so obviously had to say something to clear the air. He's said or done nothing since Punk took that shot at him. I can understand where Punk's coming from but he needs to understand that not everyone has to go public with something that's bit of a burning topic. I know Styles can get the message across to a large number of people if he comes out in support of the protests but, really, it's his choice. I'd understand if he actually made some disparaging comments on the matter but he didn't. 

I respect Punk for his stand but don't agree with him going after AJ because, let's face it, even if Styles does say something, it's going to accomplish absolutely nothing. It goes way deeper than any tweet or show of support can resolve. 

Unless AJ actually opposes racism or supports what BLM is doing, his speaking up won't amount to much, if anything. And if he supports the cops or says "All Lives Matter," he's gonna get shit for it. He'd get shit either way, so why not stay quiet and minimize the shit? 

30 minutes ago, M3J said:

Unless AJ actually opposes racism or supports what BLM is doing, his speaking up won't amount to much, if anything. And if he supports the cops or says "All Lives Matter," he's gonna get shit for it. He'd get shit either way, so why not stay quiet and minimize the shit? 

Probably, but what does it say about the society we live in?
People worrying they would get shit for opposing racism...god damn is that depressing to think about.
I dont know if staying completely silent is minimizing it, its not something small like opposing a certain political side...we are talking about Racism here.
Keeping quiet on such a topic could be worse than saying something, i dont know.
I mean would it be so bad to lose followers/fans etc who support racism? 

Guest Fight Me.

EVOLVE has had financial troubles since the start of the pandemic and apparently WWE may just buy and kill it.

Edited by Fight Me.

14 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Probably, but what does it say about the society we live in?
People worrying they would get shit for opposing racism...god damn is that depressing to think about.
I dont know if staying completely silent is minimizing it, its not something small like opposing a certain political side...we are talking about Racism here.
Keeping quiet on such a topic could be worse than saying something, i dont know.
I mean would it be so bad to lose followers/fans etc who support racism? 

Not much has changed from over 60 years ago, sadly. I'm not sure if AJ really is opposed against racism, though, but at least him staying quiet is better than him doing an Instagram post of a black picture and fake caring. As far as I know, he's not being attacked much for his silence, is he? Even if AJ isn't really a racist or supports racism, he probably is one of those hypocritical "All lives matter!!" crowd, and he knows that'd get him in trouble.  Given he's a conservative, what else can we expect from him, to be honest? 

4 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

EVOLVE has had financial troubles since the start of the pandemic and apparently WWE may just buy and kill it.

This is kinda of a suprise since their shows always draw and they have that shitty tryout fee scheme. 

Guest Fight Me.
16 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

This is kinda of a suprise since their shows always draw and they have that shitty tryout fee scheme. 

I heard they took a big hit with them having to cancel Mania weekend. I heard a lot of people didn't get their refunds.

Thats werid cause im sure alot of indies took hits but at the same time didn't have to pay talent back.  like if anything the talent itself took the hit cause they don't get paid or sell merch or get the exposure.  The promotion itself doesn't have to pay rents for equipment, venue, talent, flights and concessions. Weird.

I think it was going to happen eventually, the pandemic probably just pushed the sale forward even more

also I get the McMahons get a lot of crap for supporting Trump but just saw a list of top donors and Shad Khan is on there. I know Tony Khan runs AEW but he works pretty closely with his dad. It’s doesn’t matter to me because I am a wrestling fan and I can separate the product with their beliefs but I never like it when WWE gets crap for something that AEW will be able to go on without one thing being said.

Edited by BestInTheWorld614

1 hour ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

I think it was going to happen eventually, the pandemic probably just pushed the sale forward even more

also I get the McMahons get a lot of crap for supporting Trump but just saw a list of top donors and Shad Khan is on there. I know Tony Khan runs AEW but he works pretty closely with his dad. It’s doesn’t matter to me because I am a wrestling fan and I can separate the product with their beliefs but I never like it when WWE gets crap for something that AEW will be able to go on without one thing being said.

A) People have given the Khans shit for this too and B) Linda McMahon is still much more closely tied to Trump than from a simple business standpoint