WWE Drama

EJ!

@AONO.

Yes Sasha is a 4-time women’s chanpion, but A : how long were those runs, (individually and combined) B : has she ever retained a title on the main roster and C : when was the last one? First woman to main event Hell in a Cell, which she lost, first RAW women’s main event since 04, OK, she won that one, but even then how long has it been since she got any sort of big win? As for the tag titles, yes she got the deciding submission, but the one sucessful defense they made it was Bayley who got the pin. The rest of the time she’s been booked as a choke artist who can’t keep her title. Her last 5 singles wins according to Cagematch are as follows:

Vs. Alexa Bliss - 25th May 2020

Vs Nikki Cross - 8th November 2019

Vs Alexa Bliss - 30th September 2019

Vs Nikki Cross - 23rd September 2019

Vs Natalya - 26th August 2019

If she was such a top star why on earth is she averaging one singles win every two months? Meanwhile the only other Horsewomen to not manage 5 singles wins this year is Becky, but at least she had a year-long title run and won at every PPV she competed at. God doesn’t even know when Sasha last won a singles PPV match. Hell, at one point this year all three of the other Horsewomen were all champions at the same time, yet you have Sasha who hasn’t held a singles belt since 2017. Again, if WWE didn’t have such a track record of racism I’d give them the benefit of the doubt over this but as it stands, I can’t.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tbf Kofi is a better example than Sasha if we're going down that route. Pushed to the side just because their golden boy Orton threw a hissy fit, finally won the WWE Championship almost a decade after that incident only to carry it for 6 months and then get squashed by Lesnar in seconds. And forget all about it from the next week like nothing happened.

5 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

@AONO.

Yes Sasha is a 4-time women’s chanpion, but A : how long were those runs, (individually and combined) B : has she ever retained a title on the main roster and C : when was the last one? First woman to main event Hell in a Cell, which she lost, first RAW women’s main event since 04, OK, she won that one, but even then how long has it been since she got any sort of big win? As for the tag titles, yes she got the deciding submission, but the one sucessful defense they made it was Bayley who got the pin. The rest of the time she’s been booked as a choke artist who can’t keep her title. Her last 5 singles wins according to Cagematch are as follows:

Vs. Alexa Bliss - 25th May 2020

Vs Nikki Cross - 8th November 2019

Vs Alexa Bliss - 30th September 2019

Vs Nikki Cross - 23rd September 2019

Vs Natalya - 26th August 2019

If she was such a top star why on earth is she averaging one singles win every two months? Meanwhile the only other Horsewomen to not manage 5 singles wins this year is Becky, but at least she had a year-long title run and won at every PPV she competed at. God doesn’t even know when Sasha last won a singles PPV match. Hell, at one point this year all three of the other Horsewomen were all champions at the same time, yet you have Sasha who hasn’t held a singles belt since 2017. Again, if WWE didn’t have such a track record of racism I’d give them the benefit of the doubt over this but as it stands, I can’t.

jfc, this is bullshit.

you are trying to make the case of Sasha Banks not being a top star in WWE on BS, while at the same time saying it's due to her being black.

Then saying some stuff like: "giving benefit of the doubt". Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? 

5 hours ago, Crazy. said:

Tbf Kofi is a better example than Sasha if we're going down that route. Pushed to the side just because their golden boy Orton threw a hissy fit, finally won the WWE Championship almost a decade after that incident only to carry it for 6 months and then get squashed by Lesnar in seconds. And forget all about it from the next week like nothing happened.

maybe, but I would talk about Kofi in a different route. Not just "they didn't push him". A lot of things were and are at play. But talking about it in the way that King RyderFan does... it doesn't bring anything constructive to the table.

Could you make a case for Kofi having to pretend he is Jamaican due to their racist views? Absolutely. Could a case be made that them not seeing him as a potential top guy, with race being one of the factors? More than likely. 

But it's important to talk about those things in a way that includes a lot of factors, and to analyse things in a more precise way. Because if not, it's counterproductive.

@AONO.

How is it bullshit? How is Sasha booked anything close to a top star? She hasn’t won anything major in a long, long time. She’s closer to Alex Riley than The Miz right now. If you can’t see how a company that has existed for over 50 yesrs and hasn’t ever had its top champion on its top show be black is capable of holding back someone based on their skin colour I don’t know what to say.

14 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

@AONO.

How is it bullshit? How is Sasha booked anything close to a top star? She hasn’t won anything major in a long, long time. She’s closer to Alex Riley than The Miz right now. If you can’t see how a company that has existed for over 50 yesrs and hasn’t ever had its top champion on its top show be black is capable of holding back someone based on their skin colour I don’t know what to say.

We are not talking about "WWE being capable or not" wtf? I agreed with everything that was said except Sasha, and we are talking about Sasha. You can't make an argument for something based on the evidence that partains to other people when it doesn't in hers. 

Being the inaugural WWE Womens tag team champion isn't major? 

Seriously dude, what was she supposed to get everything and anything constantly? Like Charlotte? She was never an afterthought. Becky was for a while, and same with Bayley.Sasha wasn't. She was either in title feuds or in a feud with Bayley, injured or on a hiatus. Since coming back, she came back in a big way in a feud with Becky, and got paired with Bayley again. She is barely even wrestling now, and maybe her injuries have something to do with that? Maybe she doesn't want to wrestle as much? 

We are also talking about the pan of only a few years. Not a decade. Injuries happen, new talent comes up, some other talent that also deserves a spot or  chance get to the top. Rhonda was there, Becky got huge, Asuka got to the roster... and Sasha and Bayley at that time got their own thing. And still that's much much more than you could say for a good portion of the womens roster. And was she supposed to be on the very top constantly? Like I've said, she was never in some undercard limbo like most women on the roster having random friendship feuds or whatever. Bayley was in a bad limpo for a much longer time and was barely getting over. That didn't happen with Sasha... You are trying to make a case for something that isn't there, and trying to make it feet so it looks like the idea that you have in your head, when things clearly aren't like that. She was always treated like a star. And to say that she was somehow held back because she is black... I'm sorry, but it's just absurd.

Edited by AONO.

This afternoon, an email from Vince McMahon was sent to everyone who worked for World Wrestling Entertainment addressing the importance of diversity and the company's continued support of it, PWInsider.com has learned from multiple sources. 

In the email, McMahon announced the following would be available for those who work for WWE:

*24/7 mental health counseling to anyone who feels they need assistance.

*A specific email address for anyone who works for the company to directly address diversity concerns and bring them to the company's attention.

We are told that in the email, McMahon also provided links to a number of different diversity training courses that WWE has made available previously for company employees to undertake for free. It was a reminder that WWE supports employees taking those courses if they choose to do so.

https://pwinsider.com/article/136910/vince-mcmahon-sends-email-to-entire-wwe-staff-supporting-diversity-announces-new-company-initiatives-.html

Don't know if it been mentioned but CM Punk is attacking AJ Styles for staying silent and not showing any sign of support for BlackLivesMatter.

I read that these has been hating each others for a long time. Surprised by that, what happened?

Edited by AegisAvenger

Isnt it pretty clear for years that Styles is your super conservative guy? The "i love god, my country, my family" guy?
Its like being surprised that the Undertaker is your old school Texas republican.
If anything, i expect Styles to throw out a "all lives matter" thing.

13 hours ago, AegisAvenger said:

Don't know if it been mentioned but CM Punk is attacking AJ Styles.

I read that these has been hating each others for a long time. Surprise by that, what happened?

It all started in ROH. At the time TNA talent was working both promotions. Then the RF shit happened and TNA pulled talent even thought, legally, they couldn't contracts didn't have a clause saying they can pull talent for reasons. Styles was the NWA champion and in theory held the cards against TNA where he could have walked and took the belt and kinda told Punk thats exactly what was going to happen. He never did it which meant talent had to choose which promotion to work with. 

Styles himself is a known christian boy. He once stole a mic from Chris Bosh at a PWG show when he was joking around after beating Styles and started cutting the Austin 3:16 promo only to be pushed by Styles and told to "NEVER QUOTE MY JESUS" also the whole Styles and GAY COMMUNITY?!? thing. Its not surprising hes staying quiet. 

4 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

It all started in ROH. At the time TNA talent was working both promotions. Then the RF shit happened and TNA pulled talent even thought, legally, they couldn't contracts didn't have a clause saying they can pull talent for reasons. Styles was the NWA champion and in theory held the cards against TNA where he could have walked and took the belt and kinda told Punk thats exactly what was going to happen. He never did it which meant talent had to choose which promotion to work with. 

Styles himself is a known christian boy. He once stole a mic from Chris Bosh at a PWG show when he was joking around after beating Styles and started cutting the Austin 3:16 promo only to be pushed by Styles and told to "NEVER QUOTE MY JESUS" also the whole Styles and GAY COMMUNITY?!? thing. Its not surprising hes staying quiet.

I saw that clip once and I was dead. I think it was on a Botchamania