WWE Drama

EJ!

I think we have our generation's Mr. T in Ronda. Pretty dumb of her to talk about "fake fighting," as if wrestlers haven't gotten hurt or even paralyzed. But also, what if this is just a work? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep. Like Iron Mike before her, both believed their own hype and when reality hit them they couldn't deal with it. Rousey was a good fighter who fought sub par opponents that she could run through, when she faced someone who knew what they were doing, she got her ass kicked and couldnt deal with it. Rousey wanted NO PART of Cyborg or a few others. As several female MMA pioneers like Rijker and others said about Rousey, she was good but her attitude is what kept her from being truly great, the way she just takes her ball and goes home/how she delt with her losses, while others like Thug Rose, The Lioness.  Joanna Jędrzejczyk and others handled their losses the way you would actually expect someone to. Use that to light a fire under their ass and improve their game and comeback stronger.

Edited by Rekka_N0_Ryo

3 hours ago, Rekka_N0_Ryo said:

yep. Like Iron Mike before her, both believed their own hype and when reality hit them they couldn't deal with it. Rousey was a good fighter who fought sub par opponents that she could run through, when she faced someone who knew what they were doing, she got her ass kicked and couldnt deal with it. Rousey wanted NO PART of Cyborg or a few others. As several female MMA pioneers like Rijker and others said about Rousey, she was good but her attitude is what kept her from being truly great, the way she just takes her ball and goes home/how she delt with her losses, while others like Thug Rose, The Lioness.  Joanna Jędrzejczyk and others handled their losses the way you would actually expect someone to. Use that to light a fire under their ass and improve their game and comeback stronger.

Don't see it like this, she believed in her coaches and her coaches lead her down a shitty path, why would you try and stand and fight with two women with world class stand up? The skills on the ground were clearly there.  That being said she was never gonna beat the Lioness but could have beat Holms. 

Its just crazy she got a invite from Jones to switch to his camp which is legit a camp of killers and she decided not to. Like she should have took off a year and worked on her stand up and nothing else and came back stronger.  Look at Thug Rose, got her ass whipped came back and became a champion.  I just don't get how you preach about being a DNB and then when you have to face hard times you leave? Imagine if Cena left when the fans started booing him, or Roman, or the Rock. What you do when faced with adversity is what makes you and what she does makes is totally different from what she preaches and it makes her extremely unlikable. 

Also a valid point Lunch, but at some point she also did believe her own hype, and you really cant.  Taken from Undisputed with Snipes & Ving " In the end, everybody gets beaten." Take Don "The Dragon" Wilson, the greatest kickboxer of all time, in one of my martial arts documentaries when asked about his undefeated record the look on his face when he said "alot of those judges and fights went my way and they should not have, but they did.." it was clear to him that he knows he should not have won some of those fights. So yeah, judges also have a part to play in it as well. And Hype as well, like in the movie The Great White Hype.

Edited by Rekka_N0_Ryo

I legit don’t see what Ronda said that was that big of deal. In all honesty, *Censored* the fans. They blow which every way the wind blows. I can’t speak from experience CURRENTLY, because I know longer care whose pushed or not pushed or etc. I just have been enjoying it for what it is. This isn’t all fans of course. Overall Ronda imo delivered. She also said she loved the ladies of the locker room. It was pretty obvious from how she handled her losses in UFC that’s she pretty sensitive and emotional about people judging or trashing her. 

6 hours ago, A.O.L. said:

I legit don’t see what Ronda said that was that big of deal. In all honesty, *Censored* the fans. They blow which every way the wind blows. I can’t speak from experience CURRENTLY, because I know longer care whose pushed or not pushed or etc. I just have been enjoying it for what it is. This isn’t all fans of course. Overall Ronda imo delivered. She also said she loved the ladies of the locker room. It was pretty obvious from how she handled her losses in UFC that’s she pretty sensitive and emotional about people judging or trashing her. 

You don't understand why Vince Russo's WCW booking was bad? Because that is the exact same reason why what Ronda said was dumb

1 hour ago, LEGION said:

You don't understand why Vince Russo's WCW booking was bad? Because that is the exact same reason why what Ronda said was dumb

Two completely different things. Russo was in charge of creating a wrestling show but he didn’t give a crap about wrestling. Ronda is just upset with fans. Now when she talks about this stuff she gets upset and kinda rambles and goes off track but the basis of her gripes is the fans. Now mostly every wrestler has said something about the fans in the past, look at someone like Kevin Owens who had to delete Twitter at one point. The social media age has created this standard that people can say whatever they want but forget that there is another person on the other side of the screen. 

Jesus, that tweet about "working a work and working yourself into a shoot" was cringy as hell.

Just sounds like she's backpedaling. 

Thing is...what would she even be accomplishing by calling wrestling "fake fighting" to begin with? There's no logical reasoning for her to be saying that "as a work". Because, if she was" working", then the implication would be that she still plans to return as a heel some day. And if she plans to return as a heel, then why would she want to call the industry "fake fighting"? Working the fans by talking shit about them is one thing. But talking shit about the industry itself certainly doesn't sound like a "work" to me. She's best off just shutting the hell up at this point.

Edited by Generations

Everybody praised her Wrestlemania debut...now she isn’t “talented”? It’s a scripted show. What the *Censored* does talent even mean? Or talented? Some people are indeed more athletic or naturally gifted in areas. It’s about making something look good. I don’t get the logic behind now most fans look at wrestling anymore tbh. Maybe because I’m 30 now or I see shit differently or whatever but I’m legit lost. Ronda just should’ve been heel from the jump or earlier than we got it imo. I know people hate the term legit fighter or etc but people like her and Brock could legitimately beat the holy *Censored* out of pretty much everyone on the roster. I mean even a 150 pound man could kill a 300 pound person given the circumstance but still.....I feel like people are just hating to hate it grasping at straws just to grasp at straws. Yeah she’s cringe at times but she made some points tbh. 

She’s definitely full of shit. No doubt about that. She can try and mask her “failures” or insecurities or whatever it is all she wants but yeah, still full of shit. Even if this was a work or is a work it still comes off flat for me. However that’s still exclusive from her matches or performances. In my opinion of course. 

3 hours ago, LEGION said:

Russo also loved to go on how "Wrestling is fake. But this is a shoot and totally real."

Which is precisely what Ronda said in that interview. Then tweeted out that she was just "working the marks" later.

Yeah, she’s basically repeating what she had done during her run as a heel. She would do this work shoot nonsense that exposed the business on social media. She would say her stuff was real and everything else was fake. So the Vince Russo comparison is applicable. 

8 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Two completely different things. Russo was in charge of creating a wrestling show but he didn’t give a crap about wrestling. Ronda is just upset with fans. Now when she talks about this stuff she gets upset and kinda rambles and goes off track but the basis of her gripes is the fans. Now mostly every wrestler has said something about the fans in the past, look at someone like Kevin Owens who had to delete Twitter at one point. The social media age has created this standard that people can say whatever they want but forget that there is another person on the other side of the screen. 

More like, the social media age has made it possible for people to talk to celebrities more directly rather than attend shows and boo or heckle them. They often don't care about the person on the other side of the screen (or even in person) as long as they get to bully them safely and feel better about themselves. 

But in this case, Ronda could always ignore the fans instead of lashing out. It's not like the wrestlers are innocent either, and old-timers have often complained about how the wrestlers complain on social media instead of talking to the boss and taking the initiative. 

On 4/11/2020 at 5:17 PM, E#37 said:

And the grave keeps getting deeper.

She of all people has the gall to complain about others' bruised soft egos?

Also kind of defeats the purpose of it being a work if you just come out and say its a work right after, no? She's full of shit.

Edited by BrandonX