WWE Drama

EJ!

It's not a black and white outlook at all.

The context of the tragedy is what it is, we all know it and agree on it. However, the last act and the act itself is still the murder of his wife and child, and then taking his own life. That's the part that is black in the story that is grey.

Like I've said before, doing the program in the first place negates the need of raising the red flag by naming it after Chris Benoit. You name it after him, you put it in the context of something that deserves to be remembered. It doesn't in that way. However it needs to be remembered in that way that it teach us something, so that kind of tragedy is not repeated. But like I've said it before, the point of naming something after someone is so that name would be associated with that achievement. And his act is not an achievement or something that deserves to be kept in good memory. That doesn't mean that the tragedy itself will be forgotten. Or the lives of Nancy and David.

Naming the program after Nancy or Daniel? That makes much, much more sense.

Edited by AONO.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The context of the tragedy is what it is, we all know it and agree on it. However, the last act and the act itself is still the murder of his wife and child, and then taking his own life. That's the part that is black in the story that is grey.

Except, we DON'T all agree on it when it involves mental illness. So, again...you're viewing it with your own perspective, and ignoring other perspectives...and the situation is not at all "one thing or another"...but a combination thereof.

As for naming the program after Nancy or Daniel? No...that wouldn't make any sense, because they were not the ones afflicted with the illness. The Lou Gehrig's foundation is named that way because he was the one with the disease. You name health programs after people who are afflicted by the illness. That is what you do. You don't need to weigh whether they were good or bad people when you do that...especially if they are deceased.

Chris Benoit was the first documented case of a professional wrestler essentially damaging his brain so badly that it changed who he was. Hence, any medical program with the goal of educating other professional wrestlers on that subject would do well to use his legacy as a jump-off point.

Edited by Generations

Except, we DON'T all agree on it when it involves mental illness. So, again...you're viewing it with your own perspective, and ignoring other perspectives...and the situation is not at all "one thing or another"...but a combination thereof.

As for naming the program after Nancy or Daniel? No...that wouldn't make any sense, because they were not the ones afflicted with the illness. The Lou Gehrig's foundation is named that way because he was the one with the disease. You name health programs after people who are afflicted by the illness. That is what you do. You don't need to weigh whether they were good or bad people when you do that...especially if they are deceased.

Chris Benoit was the first documented case of a professional wrestler essentially damaging his brain so badly that it changed who he was. Hence, any medical program with the goal of educating other professional wrestlers on that subject would do well to use his legacy as a jump-off point.

Ok, I can accept that. Yes, I'm sure people not all treat it as such.

How does that negate my other points?

EDIT: saw your edit now.

What illness is that? Are we talking about illness or brain damage due to years and years of trauma? Those are not the same things. maybe we should refer it to as a condition. And yes, Daniel and Nancy were victims of that condition. That's what we are talking about. But now, you are mixing things. It's not the same to name something over a disease a person has succumbed to and had no kind of control over. And a condition that was probably caused by negligence and low education. Those 2 differences are very important. Besides, Benoits condition and mainly thought process right before and during the act will never be fully understood, so there will probably never be clear understanding on what kind of impact his condition had on his thought process itself and ultimately his act.

Again, the point of naming something after someone, like an educational program is a positive connotation and association. What did he exactly do to be important for that educational program? You could make an argument that he was a victim of the program... that kind of life. But ultimately Nancy and Daniel became that more than anybody.

That's completely not the same as naming an illness after somebody that he or any other person had any choice in it.

If I had a black and white view. I'd be calling him a murderer and be done with it.

More chance of me winning the Royal Rumble than those two words ever going together.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1217523928828203008

Edited by AONO.

The dude is a *censored*ing murderer, WWE don't need to induct him into their fictitious hall of fame. The people that watched his career already know the calibre of performer he was, and the hall of fame is going to do nothing to add or change it. It will only create pointless controversy regardless if they backdoor him or otherwise.

The hall of fame is not that important.

The weird thing is they shunned Benoit but never shunned Snuka.

They probably concentrated on the word "Involuntary" and the charges being eventually dropped probably helped.

They also have a guy who most likely covered up Brody's death. There are a few questionable entries in the HoF.

Trips need to apologize for that. I know he's an asshole and everything, but this is one of those things that shouldn't be joked about. One thing if Paige was okay with it, but she's not.

More chance of me winning the Royal Rumble than those two words ever going together.
So what number you entering the Rumble with? :lol:

*edit* I see I was late to the punch on this one lol

Edited by TheTRIsetMaster908

The weird thing is they shunned Benoit but never shunned Snuka.

They didn't until a few years ago, when the case resurfaced. They removed him from their HoF page and removed all Superfly references from Tamina (including "Snuka")

Damn, shouldn't have gone over the tweet comments... because I saw AssaultDriver, lmao

I don't know. I don't think there was ever a consensus on where did the concussion actually happened. I mean, people jumping on her, when they don't exactly know what happened anyway. That shit is lame.

Besides, this just seems worded poorly, and kinda lacks context.

Edited by AONO.

Wait...people have a problem with what Charlotte said there...why? That's literally professional wrestling. She never said she didn't care about Kairi...she said that she was focused on doing her job, which is to entertain. People in those comments acting like Charlotte said some much worse shit than what was said...

Isn't what Charlotte did normal in the wrestling world? If Kairi was fatally hurt then that'd be one thing, but it's a concussion that Charlotte could have kept her safe or safe enough. Bottom line is to entertain the crowd, and concussion wouldn't really stop the match, depending. I mean, didn't Owen and Austin finish the match even after the botched piledriver? HBK when his back got messed up landing on the coffin?

Becky and Asuka checked on Kairi, yet Charlotte was still gunning for her till Asuka put her through a table.

*Censored* entertaining the crowd at that point if someone is hurt or clearly out of it. Idk, if it was me I would've been more careful or signaled an audible to wrap the match up so my opponent can get to the back for full medical attention

Edited by Ziggy Vercetti

^ No...that's stupid bullshit, tbh.

If two of the three people in the match checked on her...then why does Charlotte need to also? Those people are all communicating with each other (plus the ref). You don't think at any point Charlotte could have whispered to Lynch or the ref "is Kairi okay?" or whatever?

I maintain that this is some stupid shit for fans to be bitching about. This is their job...and they know how to do it. No need for opponents to all be blatantly checking on the well-being of their opponents just because "it's the nice thing to do". And it also isn't Charlotte's decision to signal a wrap-up or call an audible. That call comes from Gorilla, and is initiated by the referee. Period.

Edited by Generations

Bro I'm just going off from what I remember in the match. Charlotte was still going after Kairi before Becky and Asuka noticed or whatever. The spear Kairi took outside the ring looked off and the slap following was messed up. Charlotte could've did something on the sly before the powerbomb table spot which was off too to make sure Kairi was good. Making sure your opponent is good if something is off is her and everyone else's job too. Whatever was said or done in the match between them once Kairi was out the picture and even backstage is done. Again I'm just going off what I saw in the match. I couldn't have blood on my hands for the sake of the fans if my opponent was hurt or their performance went from perfectly fine to odd after a move. Would've been like "oh shit you good?" If they was cool enough to continue on with the rest of the planned spots then fine, If not I would've told the ref or anyone else on the sly and left them alone or something till I got word to finish up the match in a different way due to my opponent being down.

I can see this happening so folks won't think I'm putting the blame on Charlotte. Maybe she did ask Kairi following the slap/setting up for the table spot if she was good and Kairi agreed or showed signs she was fine, but then Charlotte noticed after the spot that she wasn't even though she said she was. I know I've been in a situation playing basketball when I got hurt and the guy I was guarding slowed up and asked if I was alright. I was like yeah come on, but I wasn't even though I felt like it so the ref and my coach called a timeout.

Edited by Ziggy Vercetti

If Becky and Asuka checked on Kairi then they would have done something if she wasn't okay, no? Could have told Charlotte to take it easy or stop. Although, they could have just let Kairi's partner take over and improvise on that.

You can see it from both sides tbh.

Sane was clearly out of it, yet Charlotte still forces her up into a Powerbomb and put her through a table. Whether she knew she was out of it at that point, who knows. From what I remember it wasn't until after that spot that Asuka checked on Kairi. Who knows what Kairi said to Asuka, people have had their head rocked before and acted like they were fine and it wasn't until the very end of the match that Becky checked on Kairi and told her to stay out of the rest of the match.

People are stating the other three were communicating between one another but nobody knows what information was being passed. Can we blame Charlotte for it? Probably not. She might have taken a couple of liberties at the time but did she know? Maybe the Refs should have been more involved and checking on her more thoroughly.

This whole "That's what you do in Wrestling" narrative people are going with is BS though. Yes some do (if they're capable) work through injuries but the main idea is to protect the person you're working with. If she thought she was in no fit shape to continue she should have made that call and worked around the rest of the match. THAT is what you do in Wrestling.