WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, I find it hard to feel sympathy for Paige given she's willing to defend her transphobic POS boyfriend. That being said, what Hunter said ain't on, what he said wasn't exactly much better. He should apologise publicly, though as I said I think I have more chance of winning the Rumble than that happening. I may edit this tomorrow with more depth, so watch this post.

Guest Fight Me.

Twas trying to find an age cause I swear he's been trying to get into wrestling for years now. Apparently he was going to debut back in 2014 against Chavo Guerrero but Jericho called the promoter and said he was too green. He only had minimal training with Harry Smith and hadn't finished training with Lance Storm yet. I will have to check out this interview he did, see what he's up to.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBXZIr6DP

I posted this in the pod thread but this is a interview that answers alot. He thinks his dad will be put in the HOF soon, he has been talking to the band that did his dads theme about using the theme and from what it sounds like he hasn't had much format training.

Honestly, David sounds like a burnout or something.

Not accusing the dude of anything...but, that's how he reads to me. :lol:

Definitely makes it hard for me to take anything he says seriously...when he's like "Yeah...I know Harry...*sniff*...I know Teddy...*sniff*...yeah...dude". Hahaha.

Guest Fight Me.

for me it says video is unavailable, did it get removed?

He thinks his dad will be put in HOF soon? Boy...

Think it got reuploaded. Just search for Chris Van Vliet lol

Is it weird I've never watched his interviews before only cause his name sounds dumb to me? :lol:

Edited by Fight Me.

Honestly, David sounds like a burnout or something.

Not accusing the dude of anything...but, that's how he reads to me. :lol:

Definitely makes it hard for me to take anything he says seriously...when he's like "Yeah...I know Harry...*sniff*...I know Teddy...*sniff*...yeah...dude". Hahaha.

for a moment I thought you were talikng about Big Daddy Meltz.

In all seriousness, just watched some bits of it, and I see what you mean... At first I thought that, he doesn't sound like such a bright guy... I mean I know that's *censored*ed up... but idk, I really don't want to demean him, he had everything but a simple or a normal life.

But that whole interview has a weird vibe, and the interviwer acts or looks like he is talking to a child.

for me it says video is unavailable, did it get removed?

He thinks his dad will be put in HOF soon? Boy...

Think it got reuploaded. Just search for Chris Van Vliet lol

Is it weird I've never watched his interviews before only cause his name sounds dumb to me? :lol:

Doesn't seem like you are missing much tbh.

Edited by AONO.

I dunno...the Benoit situation feels like it could help a lot of people be more aware of the dangers of the industry. Pretending that he didn't exist just never felt like the proper solution to me.

Honestly, the best way to remember Chris with respect to what happened, would perhaps be to improve mental health screenings, and name a medical program after him. Maybe even have David Benoit posthumously accept the Warrior award on behalf of Nancy and Daniel. Could be some closure, that.

I feel like WWE should at least talk about it on the Network...whether it's Austin's Broken Skull Sessions, or whatever. Because, ignoring it just gives this impression that they think their hands are clean of it...which is honestly the worst part about it all.

Edited by Generations

no, pretending he never existed is wrong, but thats far off from naming thing after him... You name things after people who deserve recognition for their achievements.

And the award thing... I'm sorry what? :lol:

That would be incredibly bizzare at the least.

edit: saw your edit. well that's the point of not mentioning him, they want to clean their hands from that. which is shitty. but I don't see it ever changing. that would mean they would have to change absolutely everything about their presentation, marketing, and product itself.

Edited by AONO.

You name things after people who correlate to that thing. It doesn't have to be positive recognition. That's only one perspective to have. You can easily have a program that exists to prevent a recurrence of said conditions. You name it after the person so that a red flag goes up and people can instantly see what the goal of the program is. Why does the program exist? So that we don't have future Benoit situations. Period.

And I don't think the award situation would have to be uncomfortable or weird automatically. I think you have a lot of people who genuinely loved and miss Woman and Daniel. And the two of them were never fairly remembered because of what happened. It would be a way for WWE to grow some balls and say "look...things were handled poorly". I'm not suggesting that Stephanie comes out with a big grin and says "welcome to the Hall of Fame!"...of course that would be *censored*ing painful to watch. It would just be a way of saying "we made mistakes, and you deserve to be remembered in spite of Chris".

Edited by Generations

I dunno...the Benoit situation feels like it could help a lot of people be more aware of the dangers of the industry. Pretending that he didn't exist just never felt like the proper solution to me.

He kinda did change alot with his death though, people started taking CTE way more serious not just in WWE but in sports world wide.

I'm sorry, that's a completely wrong outlook. I understand what you are getting at with "we shouldn't erase it from memory or history so we can learn from it" , but that's not how giving recognition works.

The point of the program in itself is that you prevent those things. It wouldn't have to raise any kind of red flags if you are doing the said program to begin with.

And yes, if you name something after someone it should be in positive recognition.

He kinda did change alot with his death though, people started taking CTE way more serious not just in WWE but in sports world wide.

This is true...but most of that was in spite of WWE, not because of WWE. Chris Nowinski had the most to do with that. And the only thing WWE really committed to, was a lack of chairshots to the head.

Partaining to the award itself... I don't know man, "hey look at all those people and children that they gave props to for their strength and human spirit. Wait who are Daniel and Nancy? What did they do? Oh, those are the kid and wife of a wrestler that used to work for us. He murdered them, and then himself. We share the blame though, we completely ignored his mental and physical well being which led to that tragedy. Oh..."

Edited by AONO.

And yes, if you name something after someone it should be in positive recognition.

You're allowed to not agree with me. But...I don't really get where you think that you can just speak for the naming of things. We're not talking about a street or a school...we're talking about a preventative measure. That's just an incredibly black/white, good/bad perspective to have in a world that is mostly gray...

Also, your objection to such a naming (based on your own definitions) would hinge 100% on you thinking that Chris Benoit was a truly evil man...not that he was a sick or damaged man. So...again...gray areas.

Edited by Generations