WWE Drama

EJ!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WWE has been so good with black talent recently but they really cant help themselves when theres any chance to do something stupid.

this just shows they dont have a pulse on the world around them because it hasnt even been a year since Gucci got in trouble for this exact thing. say what you want about Myles, he has enough personality for them to do better than this. the least they could do is consult him.

^Yeah....they might want to consider a different shirt design.

They already did. Last month apparently, shortly after they put the original up. Also, spot the grey version in the top row:

H0qSqvZ.jpg

I get that in black, it's not a good look but it's not like they just released that one. Problematic? Sure but in this context it comes across more like a shitty rush job like most of those new NXT shirts they dropped before going live. Also, Myles really does come off like a whiney bitch in his Tweets about this.

Edited by Oresama

They already did. Last month apparently, shortly after they put the original up. Also, spot the grey version in the top row:

H0qSqvZ.jpg

I get that in black, it's not a good look but it's not they just released that one. Problematic? Sure but in this context it comes across more like a shitty rush job like most of those new NXT shirts they dropped before going live. Also, Myles really does come off like a whiney bitch in his Tweets about this.

shitty rush job or not, it doesn't make it any better.

and gtfo with that bullshit

H0qSqvZ.jpg

I get that in black, it's not a good look but it's not like they just released that one. Problematic? Sure but in this context it comes across more like a shitty rush job like most of those new NXT shirts they dropped before going live. Also, Myles really does come off like a whiney bitch in his Tweets about this.

"Just be happy you're getting paid merch, boy"

Right, done some fact digging, and this is what I have found;

• Mr. Myles knew about the offensive shirt before hand, raised his concerns and was ignored.
  • The offensive shirt in question was on sale for anywhere from a day to a week before being changed to something a little less offensive.
  • Mr. Myles waited for a month before coming forward.
If this is the actual timeline, then WWE is incredibly shitty for outright ignoring Jordan. There is NO defending that. But a big question to me is why did Jordan wait a whole month before speaking up? Not that I'm saying he's bad for for doing so, but surely he'd want to speak up right away. This makes me think either something else happened backstage and this was a "last straw" deal or he heard he was on the chopping block and wanted to save his job.

its very likely it was a mixture of the initial design still bothering him plus him building up the courage to call out the company that employs him. personally, it doesnt matter to me why. a billion dollar corporation needs to be called out for things like this or they wont learn even though they have more responsibility to make sure they know these things.

whiney bitch my ass, this man has done a lot in his career all to be reduced to his smile. thats bullshit. again, there is no excuse and the least they could have done was consult him.

its very likely it was a mixture of the initial design still bothering him plus him building up the courage to call out the company that employs him. personally, it doesnt matter to me why. a billion dollar corporation needs to be called out for things like this or they wont learn even though they have more responsibility to make sure they know these things.

whiney bitch my ass, this man has done a lot in his career all to be reduced to his smile. thats bullshit. again, there is no excuse and the least they could have done was consult him.

I believe it would be this.

At the end of the day the threat of losing your place in WWE isn't as dooming as it was a few years ago. While you would lose employment there are defo options out there at the moment.

Rush job or not, they made a piss poor move and him raising his initial concerns and it being released still is more alarming. Literally could've just written it in some Anime writing and it would've made sense but nope, welcome to the black and white minstrel show.

Apparently that shirt was removed and replaced very soon after it went up with the other boring NXT shirts from a while back. Still though, whoever designed and approved of it should have known better.

Myles is right to still be pissed off about it.

Edited by AlterNation

Right, done some fact digging, and this is what I have found;

• Mr. Myles knew about the offensive shirt before hand, raised his concerns and was ignored.
  • The offensive shirt in question was on sale for anywhere from a day to a week before being changed to something a little less offensive.
  • Mr. Myles waited for a month before coming forward.
If this is the actual timeline, then WWE is incredibly shitty for outright ignoring Jordan. There is NO defending that. But a big question to me is why did Jordan wait a whole month before speaking up? Not that I'm saying he's bad for for doing so, but surely he'd want to speak up right away. This makes me think either something else happened backstage and this was a "last straw" deal or he heard he was on the chopping block and wanted to save his job.

The risk of losing his dream job probably had something to do with that. Also the weighing of personal morals against the potential betterment of his life and career. It's not hard to figure that out. A month isn't a long time.

Edited by Creepia

This reminds me of when Pepsi had a Black person to tell them that BLM Pepsi ad with Kendall Jenner was a bad idea, but they still went ahead and did it anyway with quite a bit of deserved backlash. Dunno why WWE couldn't just go back to the drawing board and start over again or stick with that gray one. But then again, they probably think they can get away with it.