• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take away most of your move set.

Take away what character you have.

Have zero interest in pushing you.

Put you on a dead end show.

How does a new pair of shorts fix this, exactly?

His injuries didn't help him but at the same time they hyped him to high heaven. "We've just signed KENTA!!" Then after a week or so, he was completely over shadowed by Finn and treated like an afterthought.

Take away most of your move set.

Take away what character you have.

Have zero interest in pushing you.

Put you on a dead end show.

How does a new pair of shorts fix this, exactly?

His injuries didn't help him but at the same time they hyped him to high heaven. "We've just signed KENTA!!" Then after a week or so, he was completely over shadowed by Finn and treated like an afterthought.

They took away the GTS. Moveset limitations is no excuse for being bland overall. I dont expect Richochet to do even half the things hes capable of and yet every week hes among the only people worth watching on RAW.

What character? What was his character supposed to be? And Im not being sarcastic I genuinely wanna know if I missed something. It seemed to me like he was the ONLY guy without something going on character-wise. Now maybe NXT isnt what they present it to be, but theyve gone out of their way to make it seem like an environment where the talent is free to work on themselves and pitch things. Again he was among the only guys on the NXT/205 roster with zero character and knowing that, before I believe they just dont care about him, Im going to believe there was very little effort on his part. Its okay to have in-ring based character, we all love Cesaro, but there was nothing too exciting about his moveset either and that isnt to say he was a bad wrestler because of course he isnt but if you live and die by one move then thats nobodys fault.

Like I said WWE is more than deserving of criticism for not pushing certain folks, but Ive learned that not everyone is underutilized. Sometimes theres just nothing more to squeeze out of them. Thats sounds like Im saying hes untalented but thats not what Im saying. Maybe a great wrestler is all he has the ability be to an American crowd, and unfortunately thats not always enough. And Ive said before, we have plenty of guys who people on this forum and everywhere else clamor to be pushed no matter what theyre doing, Hideo was rarely ever one of those guys. Even when he was seemingly getting pushed there was somebody else that people preferred.

I looked at his move to 205 as WWE not giving up on him, knowing he has something to offer, but he was still same old Hideo.

No, new trunks wont fix that, but its dishonest to act like aesthetics dont matter, especially when theres nothing else particularly interesting about you. For someone who spent as much time away as he did, he never used those opportunities to do anything different upon his return like everyone else who gets injured. Most people use injuries as a time to reinvent in some way. Yes, they have to get look changes approved but do you REALLY believe they shot down everything he tried and was forced to wear the same dookie brown trunks for years? Japan is probably best for him because he gets to be generic asskicker #57 over there.

Edited by EJ!

Here is something: Mike Kanellis did literally all of the things you requested and got nothing out of it.

Now I am not a Mike Bennett fan,, but he did change everything about himself and it only resulted in him...well...in nothing really.

Again. It comes down to motivation and I would imagine that certain parts of the roster have no motivation whatsoever. Tyler Breeze, or example, went back to the minor brands, just because there he would be utilized at all

Here is something: Mike Kanellis did literally all of the things you requested and got nothing out of it.

Now I am not a Mike Bennett fan,, but he did change everything about himself and it only resulted in him...well...in nothing really.

Again. It comes down to motivation and I would imagine that certain parts of the roster have no motivation whatsoever. Tyler Breeze, or example, went back to the minor brands, just because there he would be utilized at all

And that probably would have happened to Itami, but you know what? He could have at least tried.

No one here is saying a new attire would have done miracles, we are saying that there are always things within his control that he could have tried to tweak. A new taunt or chant perhaps? Worked well for Tye and Bryan and works well for Tozawa.

Some of you seem to think that we think wearing new shorts would have sorted his career out. No we are not saying. The shorts thing is just one example of an idea out of an abundance.

All I'm saying is that according to himself everything he tried to do got a "no" from upper management.

So at some point there was just no reason to even try anymore. Especially with the way other examples turned out.

Edited by LEGION

KENTA's character is simply a guy who will come into a match and kick the holy hell out of you. Much like Shibata. It worked for years because his moveset made it believable. You take away those kicks, you take away the GTS and it's not so believable.

Not everyone needs an outlandish character to succeed. Everywhere else he got over. Japan, ROH etc. Why? They made him a credible threat. Despite the lack of a over the top gimmick.

Like others have pointed out. You don't really know what he tried backstage, you're just assuming he was quite happy to do nothing (which asking for his release goes against?).

And when your character gets taken away from you, you try something else. He wasn't limited to that 'character'.

And who is saying he needed an outlandish gimmick? You pulled that out of your arse to try and emphasise your point.

And when your character gets taken away from you, you try something else. He wasn't limited to that 'character'.

And who is saying he needed an outlandish gimmick? You pulled that out of your arse to try and emphasise your point.

Refer to previous point about us not really knowing if he tried to change things up or not. He may well have been limited to that "character".

Missing the part where I claimed someone said that?

Like I said, if you live and die by one move and dont have a personality beyond that, then you probably shouldnt have been signed and that for sure is WWEs fault but they wanted the hype of having him under their umbrella and didnt make sure they could accommodate his shortcomings.

Also its very hard to believe he got attire changes denied to the point of wearing the same thing for years. Also hard to believe that he kept giving them ideas for his character that were denied as well, because as I said before, he was pretty much the only guy in NXT who got TV time (when he wasnt injured) with no type of discernible characteristic. To believe that was all on upper management is to basically believe they were out to sabotage him from the get-go.

On the subject of Mike Bennett, Im a fan but even I can admit he isnt great in the ring and since hes good enough on the mic and has things specific to him, his in-ring work will be his downfall if it ever comes. But his character/personality work is whats keeping him alive in 205.

I mean, he didnt exactly change it drastically did he? He still looked as bland as he did before.

I personally cant remember a change, but if thats true then he didnt do a good enough job.

Nah.. He wasnt much of a peacock.

First attire (2014): The dark blue with white patterns from his KENTA days

Second attire 2014-17: Kawada esque black and yellow shorts and kickpads that he debuted at R:Evolution

Third attire 2017-19: Black shorts with a simple brown trim and logo

3 attires in five years. You cant even really count the first one either because he didnt use it like that. Unbelievable laziness.

With that being said, I still look forward to KENTA in NJPW. This will be the first time I try to follow along with it. I also push him in WWE 2k every year, so its not like I dont like the guy lol

And youre telling me requests to just have color swaps for his trunks were denied ? I dont know why, but I dont believe that lol

Also, I dont watch 205 Live, but I appreciate Mike Bennett for having a different look every time I see him. The beard. Being bald. Attire. I dig that stuff even if hes going nowhere.

Exactly. There have been, still are, and always will be enough examples of guys and girls who are actually being underutilized, but those are people who do everything right and get nothing for it. Great personality/character work, fresh looks, great in the ring. Hideo was only the latter of those things but according to some people, him not having the GTS hurt him in that aspect which is more of an indictment on him than WWE.

But switching gears, anybody else kinda enjoying Seth emptying the clip on Twitter? As much deserved hate that WWE gets, its kinda cool to see Seth sticking up for the talent doing their best to make it work in spite of poor booking and writing. I like Ospreay and think he is insanely talented but man his fans are annoying. Wrestling Twitter is *censored*ing garbage in general, but the emboldening of Ospreay fans this year is making me wanna root against him and seeing Seth try to big league him was pretty funny.

Edited by EJ!

Rollins was a guest on the latest Sports Illustrated Media podcast and didn't mince words when it came to everything the man formerly known as Dean Ambrose has been saying about WWE.

"Ambrose can do what he wants. He's a big boy, he's got his big boy pants on. He can go out there and say whatever he wants, but the bottom line is not everybody's equipped to handle the rigors of WWE and the schedule and how it affects you mentally and emotionally," he explained.

Adding, "And Ambrose gave everything he had to the company for the entire time he was here. He put his heart and soul into the travel, into the schedule, into the injuries, into the work in the ring and all that stuff. But at the end of the day, he took his ball and he went home, or he went elsewhere at least. And I think it's a little presumptuous of him to get on a podcast and talk down about the company that gave him such an opportunity."

In the interview, Rollins also stated:

"And like I said, I love the guy [Moxley]. I love him, I'll always love him, but at the end of the day, we just share different perspectives about what we want out of life and about where were at in our own lives. I hope that he does well. I've kept enough tabs on him to know that he's doing super well for himself right now and I'm happy for that, but I just don't think theres any reason to hop on a soapbox and complain after the fact. You need to take the first step, and thats looking in the mirror and asking yourself did you do every single thing you possibly could to make yourself and your situation what you want it to be, and if the answer is yes you did, then you can go elsewhere and complain. If that's where he's at mentally then go right ahead, but if he hasn't done that, he hasn't looked in the mirror and made that decision, then maybe he should think about that. That goes for any other disgruntled talent past or present. I haven't spoken to Ambrose about his comments and quite frankly, I don't feel like I have to."

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/seth-rollins-jon-moxley-interview/#.XRJ4p1NlDqs

I agree that the WWE performers don't deserve the flack for a poor product...and that they all work very, very hard despite what they are forced to work with. But, I disagree about Rollins being "correct" in his recent attitude. I think he sounds like an ass, tbh. Elitist attitudes are always hard to stomach. The trouble started because Seth said that WWE was head and shoulders better than anywhere else...and he said it at a time when the WWE product has been less than awe-inspiring. You don't put yourself over by talking trash about others. And he completely lost me when he brought up the amount of money he makes...because, as Will pointed out, that was never a talking point to begin with. He sounds more like he's out to prove something to himself, and it's kinda sad.

Besides, the view is always better from the top. Both Seth and his girlfriend are treated like royalty in WWE. He should probably take some time to consider how lower tier guys are treated before acting like WWE can do no wrong. I mean...I still like the guy. But, he's definitely not in the right with this latest perspective, IMO. If he wanted to say that the WWE roster are all extremely talented and hard working, he could have done that without putting down any other product. He made a choice, and it was a poor one.

Edited by Generations

Seth has always had the better than you complex going on. I believe it was in his 24 special when he was coming back from injury, didnt they talk about how his attitude and thinking he was better than what they were giving him almost get him fired from NXT before they put the belt on him? His recent twitter rant and the shit he said about Moxley has made me sour on him big time, especially if he really believes the shit hes spewing.