Official WrestleMania 35 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Charlotte gets added into the match then who does Asuka face?

Naomi or Nikki Cross

Nikki Cross would be decent although we've seen it before. Naomi vs Asuka would be quite underwhelming for a title match.

if Charlotte joins the Raw title match that will always be the case

Some of you all moan about crappy story telling, but don't want Charlotte in that match. Her not being in match would suck and wouldn't make any sense.

how would her not being in the Mania match not make any sense? we can ignore the fact that Charlotte wouldnt even be mentioned if Becky didnt get injured and Charlotte still would feel shoehorned. Charlotte beats Ronda down at SS, Ronda comes out the next night and says shes okay and shes a fighter blah blah you remember. TLC comes and Ronda shoves her off a ladder, stripping away her chance at grabbing the title. Ronda and Charlotte are done right there imo. you tried to kill me for no reason, i push you off a ladder and leave you without a title. square. after that Ronda is seemingly not even thinking about Charlotte, but damn sure cant go a night without people chanting Becky at her. now Becky wins the Rumble which gives her the opportunity to hop brands and face Ronda because they have actual unfinished business. they have to jump through logical hoops to get Charlotte involved in that match. if you have a way to add her without it feeling forced and shoehorned in (because shes still on Smackdown) then im all ears.

im not against the triple threat, i just dont want it at Mania. thats something i would rather they get that match out the way at EC or do it some time after Mania, but Becky vs Ronda one on one to main event Mania is the money match. adding Charlotte just feels like them giving her yet another accolade/big match because shes Charlotte.

Spot on.

Just trade Sasha to SmackDown, get Sasha vs Asuka at Mania. Easy yet very solid match for the belt.

In regards to the big "Should it be Becky vs Ronda or should Charlotte be added" debacle, I'll say this: Would the match quality be better with Charlotte added? It could be. IMO Ronda showed she can hang in her match with Sasha, so I'm not that worried about the match sucking. That said, adding Charlotte wouldn't hurt the quality IMO. That said, would Charlotte being in the match take away some of its luster? Yes. The world was HYPED for Becky vs Ronda 1 v 1 at Survivor Series, and we lost that. Charlotte got the match and essentially showed she couldn't beat Ronda, so she took the bitch way out by causing a DQ. Ronda got some revenge with the TLC match, but the door was obviously left open for the two to clash again. That said, their program was a layer of the bigger picture: Becky vs Ronda. If they really are getting to close the show, then in my mind this is the only way to go. The biggest woman on the roster in terms of name value vs the biggest woman on the roster in terms of popularity. Anything less just feels cheapened, especially after Becky won the Rumble just to get this damn match.

If we're including Charlotte, based on what her role was in their feud, then she's better off attempting a run in, and getting knocked out by the two of them.

Moving any random star over front RAW to SD doesn't mean they will magically be booked better, but I do agree that a change of scenery sometimes helps. At this point, I'm really hoping to see Sasha (heel) vs. Bayley at WM after they fail to win the Tag Titles. And that feud can continue up until Backlash right before the draft at end of April/beginning May.

Also, I need Shayna va. Asuka in my *censored*ing life.

This might be unpopular but I would have Seth and Brock close especially of they're going to build up Brock as a guy who doesn't care about the wwe and then bring up Reigns being sick and all that.

If it was me I'd go wwe title, raw womens title, universal title.

This might be unpopular but I would have Seth and Brock close especially of they're going to build up Brock as a guy who doesn't care about the wwe and then bring up Reigns being sick and all that.

I wouldn't want to give someone that doesn't give a shit the main event of my biggest show of the year

*Censored* that. This is probably the best possible opportunity for WWE to have their first and maybe only Women's main event match at WrestleMania considering how white hot Becky has been (probably the most over and talked-about star not just in WWE, but in all of wrestling right now) along with Charlotte and Ronda. It wouldn't hurt if the Universal title ended up being the "co-main event".

Been done at last year's WrestleMania

Your logic is completely backwards with this... Anyway, Becky vs Ronda is a bigger match than Seth vs Brock right now. Having the latter close is a terrible idea.

With WWEs new sthick of listening to the fans, they should really just do a poll to decide which of the four main championship matches should main event.

This would of course happen when we know the particular matches.

With Ambrose leaving right after WM. Should we expect him in the andre battle royal at early number and eliminated quickly?

I don't see him in a big feud in the next two months and head into WM on a big match

I expect him to be squashed in a match with Nia Jax LOL!

They might even finish Ambrose off before Mania. But then, who knows. Wade Barrett was in a similar situation a few years ago, and they admittedly did bump him from the tag match vs New Day into a managerial role, but his Bullhammer got his team the win, and he got to cut a promo and have a segment with HBK, Austin and Foley, before finishing up the RAW after.

Archived