Mask textures and logos for luchadores?

Psychoper

Hi,

I lurk here often but never posted much. To make a long story short, I've been cawing since RAW is War days one PSone. I'm not particularly good at it but I have my classics and some new ones that I have come up with along the many generations of wrestling games that I love to make and remake.

I hadn't played a WWE game since wwe 2k14 and I recently bought WWE 2k19. While I love the improvement - in cawing and in general - from the last entry that I played, one part that I feel is cruelly missing is making masks. I love luchadores and I like to make original ones. But now that the logo creator is gone and the in games mask designs are severly limited, I'm a bit dry. I don't mind stealing designs from real luchadores and retweaking them into my own but, appart from Fried's one, it's a bit dry on the luchadores offer on community creations.

So we come finally to the object of my post:

1- Does anyone know of a good ressource for lucha libre mask logos - I try to google for images but it's hard to find good flat front and side shots of marks.

2- Since I'm not very familiar with painting tools, is there any good tutorials on how to edit the logos to facilitate the importation in the game and the use on the caw? To put it simply, I'm not to sure what to do with the logo between when I find it and when I put it on my caw.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The mask options definitely seem worse than ever. The base designs are all super limited and have hardly any variance, and now you can only put one mask design on them instead of being able to layer multiples like you used to. I wanted to make a custom lucha universe but just gave up when I realized most of them weren't going to end up looking very good.

The mask options definitely seem worse than ever. The base designs are all super limited and have hardly any variance, and now you can only put one mask design on them instead of being able to layer multiples like you used to. I wanted to make a custom lucha universe but just gave up when I realized most of them weren't going to end up looking very good.

Yeah exactly... There are some good masked caws in community crations though. Fried's and Luigirocker's are very good looking. They do wonders to overcome the game limited options when it comes to masks.

For instance, I downloaded Ultimo Guerrero from one of the two (don't remember wich one sorry) yesterday and the alternate attire comes with a his masks and it is just awesome. He uses Sin Cara's mask as a base and it works perfectly. Fried's Rey. I guess I just lack the know how and creativity that these guys have.

But yeah, working with masks is a chore this year. I particularly hate that it is so hard to put hair over a mask. I mean, they gave us Liger's suit, but it is a pain in the ass to do his mask with his hair. Same goes for Psicosis and others. You've got like one mask model that allows hair to be over it and you must use custom logos on it because it doesn't allow you to put in game mask designs...

It has always amazed me in this games series how every time their are improvements, in caw making anyway, things that used to be simple become complicated.

Oh and thanks Rekka, it's a good start.

I'd love to see a pic of the Ultimo Guerrero you guys are talking about. I really wish there was some sort of mask editing option like there was in the AAA game where you just start off with a base mask and then can decide on what type of eye/mouth/and nose openings the mask will have as well as any horn designs and stuff like that. I'm tired of the same old mask choices from like the last 15 years that all don't even look like real traditional lucha masks.

Archived