PaperThinWalls

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Generations said:

I mean...he was 65. Definitely one of my older friends. But he was a special human.

Absolutely one of those people that nobody had a bad thing to say about. 

My sincerest condolences man, it is painful beyond imagination to lose someone you care about regardless of their age.

-----

Plantar fasciitis flaring up again. The physical pain is excruciating.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, AlterNation said:

It took nearly 3 years but I finally got COVID. Jesus christ everything is aching.

You get vaxxed up?

I had covid during this time last year (actually had it during Christmas, and had to stay at my girlfriend's house). Had it after I had the first two shots. - Was just about ready for the third booster, then I got it. Shit didn't really hit me that hard. Loss of smell and taste was the worst of it. Some congestion and stuff for a couple days. Luckily, nothing crazy. Smell and taste took about three days to return. I've heard of people who never got their senses back...so I was happy about that one. 

Anyway, speedy recovery. 

I dont think its covid but im dealing with... something. Basically no matter how much sleep and no matter how much rest I get, i don't seem to get any rest at all from it. I wake up from sleeping 8 or even 10 hours and feel like I haven't slept in days. I went to my mothers house last night to make her dinner and I honestly thought I was going to pass out while I was picking up ingredients at the store.

I figure maybe I was low on vitamin D or B12 but i've been downing supplements like candy and getting no feeling of benefit from them. Food and drink doesn't effect it either, nor does flu or cold medicine.

I do think covid is gonna get pretty bad again. And RSV seems to be a concern as well. My mom had RSV for like 2 weeks straight. She only just got over it. - Somehow neither my dad or myself got it...but, man...she sounded really bad. It sounded WAY worse than what I experienced with covid. She would just cough non-stop. And I mean non-stop. Really deep and guttural coughs. She got it the day before Thanksgiving, and only went back to work a couple days ago. She had to stay home for like 10 or 11 days. 

• 1 month later...

Not really "me" but I learned my brother was in an accident this morning and suffered some pretty major whiplash; and it could've been a lot worse. Careful driving on ice guys, seriously, It's super dangerous when you least expect it.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ant-221 said:

Having problems with the 2K forum site, trying to find out if others have the same problem, starting to lose my mind, worrying the problem is on my end a little bit.

Can't go on the forum site at all.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes I've been getting this all day today and yesterday. 403 error and such.

Turns out right after I left to housesit for my brother, one of my family members back home developed flu like symptoms and no one bothered to inform me. I've been getting steadily sicker these last 3 days. Now I'm annoyed af they said nothing and waiting on a covid test delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Without going into specifics, i've been dealing with some fairly major demons from my past and mental health issues that I hadn't realized until very recently were messing with my temperament and how i behaved. I'm sure even on here i've acted more aggressive lately than i meant or even realized. Luckily i'm on the road to fix the problem now but it's been rather rough dealing.

21 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Without going into specifics, i've been dealing with some fairly major demons from my past and mental health issues that I hadn't realized until very recently were messing with my temperament and how i behaved. I'm sure even on here i've acted more aggressive lately than i meant or even realized. Luckily i'm on the road to fix the problem now but it's been rather rough dealing.

Just curious, but have you ever at any point felt the urge to hurt someone else when you are going through these mental health issues? I've been wondering about that, why when there is a mass shooting some people cite mental health as the reason why they hurt other people. I think it's BS and believe that even at ones lowest point we are able to control our emotions and rationalize wrong from right and not go on a killing spree. You probably wouldn't want to answer my question lok, but as a public health grad student I may do a research paper on this someday and so I'm curious to ask people this.

4 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Just curious, but have you ever at any point felt the urge to hurt someone else when you are going through these mental health issues? I've been wondering about that, why when there is a mass shooting some people cite mental health as the reason why they hurt other people. I think it's BS and believe that even at ones lowest point we are able to control our emotions and rationalize wrong from right and not go on a killing spree. You probably wouldn't want to answer my question lok, but as a public health grad student I may do a research paper on this someday and so I'm curious to ask people this.

That's.. an incredibly difficult question to answer. Obviously when I get very angry with someone there's a part of me that wants to smack them, but if you're asking if I get the urge to go get a weapon and kill people, then no. At least, not anymore. I had a very troubling childhood and a younger version of me may answer differently, but I worked very hard on myself to get that under control. I cannot in good conscience speak for other people, I am myself and I only know myself and how i've felt; but lets just say there's a good reason I try to forget a lot of my younger days.

On 3/10/2023 at 11:19 PM, CROSS-Out said:

That's.. an incredibly difficult question to answer. Obviously when I get very angry with someone there's a part of me that wants to smack them, but if you're asking if I get the urge to go get a weapon and kill people, then no. At least, not anymore. I had a very troubling childhood and a younger version of me may answer differently, but I worked very hard on myself to get that under control. I cannot in good conscience speak for other people, I am myself and I only know myself and how i've felt; but lets just say there's a good reason I try to forget a lot of my younger days.

Thank you for the honest answer. I don't particularly feel that I myself have severe mental health issues, other than anxiety. I can control my anger usually, but I've also felt like smacking someone when most angry, but I never let myself use violence.

On 3/10/2023 at 6:30 AM, CROSS-Out said:

I wish you the best, dude. You can do it.