PaperThinWalls

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had depression since I was about 6 years old and I didn’t come out about it to my parents and everyone around me until I had a short stay in a mental hospital about 2 years ago. I finally asked for help and have been getting it ever since….a psychiatrist, medication, the whole deal. Unfortunately my depression is so severe that I can’t work anymore, which is a terrible feeling…can’t explain it beyond that. I’ve tried to file for disability and I keep getting denied, being told my depression is of the major and severe kind but because I am physically able to move around and do things, they could not accept my request to receive disability at this time. Meanwhile most jobs that pay well list major depression as a disability that could stand in the way of you getting hired. There’s a commercial that airs during wrestling for people in my exact situation so I’m gonna be giving them a call when I’m back in Florida. Wish me luck. Looking for a part time job in the meantime. Trying to do something with my life to get some income rolling in again. I want a PS5 so I can play the new wrestling games.

Edited by A N T I -

Got my phone either stolen or lost and trampled on at this 3-day music festival I went to with my friends. It was during the 2nd day too, so I just went on the 3rd day with no phone, just vibes. T-Mobile should hopefully cover theft/loss though.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, A N T I - said:

I’ve had depression since I was about 6 years old and I didn’t come out about it to my parents and everyone around me until I had a short stay in a mental hospital about 2 years ago. I finally asked for help and have been getting it ever since….a psychiatrist, medication, the whole deal. Unfortunately my depression is so severe that I can’t work anymore, which is a terrible feeling…can’t explain it beyond that. I’ve tried to file for disability and I keep getting denied, being told my depression is of the major and severe kind but because I am physically able to move around and do things, they could not accept my request to receive disability at this time. Meanwhile most jobs that pay well list major depression as a disability that could stand in the way of you getting hired. There’s a commercial that airs during wrestling for people in my exact situation so I’m gonna be giving them a call when I’m back in Florida. Wish me luck. Looking for a part time job in the meantime. Trying to do something with my life to get some income rolling in again. I want a PS5 so I can play the new wrestling games.

I wish you the best of things in your life man, I can't even imagine how you feel day to day.

• 1 month later...

Had Covid over Christmas. Felt sick a few days before then...(maybe two or three days)...then got up on Christmas morning, started to get ready to go to my parents house, put on deodorant and couldn't smell it at all. I asked my gf if she could smell it, and she was like "Yes...of course I can smell deodorant. You have covid!" So, we got tested...and, yes. We both had it. Just now cleared of it. We probably both got it earlier in the week and I'm glad we caught it before going anywhere for Christmas. I mean...it was fine. Lost smell and taste, coughed, had some congested nights...and we both had VERY slight fevers (like 99-100). Mostly neither of us ever hit rock bottom. We just quarantined at her place. It wasn't fun, and people are dumb for treating it like nothing...but we both made it through without too much fuss. We are both double vaxxed, but never got boosted. I pretty much just became eligible for the booster, but now I can't get it anyway.

Edited by Generations

• 3 weeks later...

Finally couldn’t handle the noise my PS4 made anymore and paid for a service order to be put in (100 bucks). They’re either gonna repair it or replace it. Hoping they replace it tbh. It hasn’t been right since I got it in 2015. Turnaround is 20-30 days so I’m hopeful that I’ll have it back in time for 2K22. 

Edited by A N T I -

I've gotten this kind of sickness a few times before in my life.  I hate it.  Looking it up online, I can only assume it's the flu.  First it starts with days and days of fever (and always when it's some brutally cold polar vortex going on, because *Censored* me, eh?) and brutal fatigue.  All the while a slight hint of a tickle in the throat, which is foreshadowing... Then one afternoon, the fever finally breaks.  I should be healthy soon, right?  Wrong!  As Count Dooku says, this is just the beginning.  Immediately after the fever ends, the sore throat becomes worse and worse every day.  More and more painful.  I remember one time I had this, I ended up getting laryngitis and could barely swallow anything for a week, the interior of my throat was so swollen (which also caused me to snore and drool all over my pillow, I was a mess).

But enough about the past.  I don't think it'll get to laryngitis this time, but aside from fever and vomiting (which I haven't done since elementary school, knock on wood) sore throats are my most hated symptom.  I am on day 5 of this illness.  And the thing I hate about it is that unlike the common cold, there doesn't seem to be a feeling of forward progression at all.  Like when I get a cold, my symptoms change over time (throat -> nose -> sneeze -> cough) and it fades out.  But this?  It just hurts like a bitch the exact same every day.  No less.

And what's hilarious is that I don't get to set my sleep schedule.  If I wake up, I'm staying up, because that shit hurts.  Why is "first thing in the morning" always the most brutal time to be sick?  I had been taking ibuprofen every morning for the fever, but now I grab that orange bottle of Dayquil.  That stuff has got some bite, if you will.  Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of cold & flu medicine, as that shit wears off in like 5 minutes anyway.  Another point for the common cold... I could've just taken Zicam and gotten rid of that in a snap.

Now why did I do this whole long writeup just because I'm sick?  Am I just a big baby?  I don't know, dudes.  I haven't been feeling up to talking much lately (or anything else!), even on the internet.  Maybe it means I'm starting to turn the corner, eh?  Feels nice to vent.

Edited by WarGreymon77

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:22 PM, Generations said:

My girl just has more trauma/mental health issues than I was initially aware of.

We are working through some very interesting things together.

I don't love her any less. But, yeah...shit is hard.

Therapy? 

21 hours ago, M3J said:

Therapy? 

She talks to somebody once a week via zoom. But, it's the kind of thing where I don't know if she really explains the full extent of what is actually going on. Some of her episodes are incredibly troubling to me. Like...the other day, I went home with her...and then as soon as we got there, she was like "this is wrong...you need to go". And she just got so irrationally concerned for seemingly no reason. It was like a switch flipped. She even got a nosebleed. - Of course, I wanted to do whatever I could to comfort her in that moment, (what she wanted was space). But, it was also a really icy night. So, I was like "it doesn't make sense for you to drive me home in this weather." - So, I stayed...and about halfway through the night she warmed back up to me being there, and everything was fine. But, yeah...she'll go from being like "I love you so much." *hugs and kisses* to "I need to be alone right this second or I'm going to lose my shit". - I've really been trying to learn what the signs of one of these episodes are, so I can kinda predict where I stand from moment from moment...but, to say that they are unpredictable would be an understatement.

Edited by Generations