PaperThinWalls

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

get well soon, y'all

I might have covid too, apparently, but I 120% doubt it. Fever, mild head pains probably due to lack of caffeine (though it lasted for few days), and stiff enough neck. Not much else, and even then, my temp never got above 100.2, so. Probably just pizza

16 hours ago, M3J said:

get well soon, y'all

I might have covid too, apparently, but I 120% doubt it. Fever, mild head pains probably due to lack of caffeine (though it lasted for few days), and stiff enough neck. Not much else, and even then, my temp never got above 100.2, so. Probably just pizza

When i had covid the only symptom i had associated to covid was cold chills and no energy. Never had a fever.

My nan passed away on the 3rd of January, and I'm still struggling to come to terms with it, so saying so on here might help me accept it.

It was COVID-19 that took her from us. And by us, I mean her 6 children, 23 grandchildren, 52 great grandchildren, and 5 great, great grandchildren.

She was doing everything right to not get the COVID-19, but her health issues she had picked up with age meant she had to go into hospital, which is where she caught the disease, which is upsetting beyond belief. Her time might have been soon, but for that to be what took her, is hard to take in.

Due to restrictions, the funeral will only consist of 9 people, the 6 children, 2 of their partners, and my nan's next door neighbour/best friend.

There will be a video stream of it, which myself and my siblings will be watching together, but it won't feel right until we can celebrate her life properly, which we all plan on doing when it becomes possible to do.

Oh and might as well put this whilst I'm here. I also have health issues, so I came to the decision to isolate myself, and I haven't been outside since March the 20th 2020. Every time I consider trying to, the world gets a little madder, or restrictions get even tighter.

:(

Apologies, as I've just seen AlterNation's post. My condolences to you, I hope you're coping OK. And the same goes for anyone else this dreadful disease has affected.

Edited by Twisted...

The last cat of the three that i've had since I was a boy is ill. We're hoping its just a throat or respiratory infection we can kill with antibiotics, but considering she is very old for a cat (a very small cat no less, likely the runt of her litter) its possible it could do more damage than it normally would.

My dad has Covid. Please keep him in yalls prayers. He's in a hospital about 2 hours away from home. I'm worried, he is stable and isn't in the ICU, has his own room

Edit: And I have Covid Pneumonia 

1-24-21 He is resting more today, they've sedated him. I have a family member who's a nurse and says it seems good by how he's responding. God I hope so. I'm doing better, my coughing has gone down. Was convinced to go to the ER yesterday, they gave me an IV, and did a chest X-Ray with contrast(that made my whole body get warm, it felt like I pissed my pants :lol: ) and they said I had both Covid and Pneumonia. So I have to stay home for 2 weeks

1-25 Talked to my dad, he's feeling better, was able to talk to him longer today! He still needs to recover from this. Having family bring me some food for a few days. 

1-26 My dads breathing is better but they moved him to ICU only so he'll have more people watching him. It hasn't worsened. 

1-28 Forgot to update yesterday. He is in alot better spirits and talking better, his appetite isn't great atm, not eating much because of our taste and smell changed, we didn't lose it, it just changed. One of my favorite snacks TGI Fridays Boneless Chicken Bites Honey BBQ, I had that last week. OMG IT TASTED HORRIBLE, which sucked because I love it. Think my taste is getting back to normal, my aunt brought me food for a few days since I can't leave.

Edited by TrisetMaster908
Daily Updates

2 hours ago, TrisetMaster908 said:

My dad has Covid. Please keep him in yalls prayers. He's in a hospital about 2 hours away from home. I'm worried, he is stable and isn't in the ICU, has his own room

Edit: And I have Covid Pneumonia 

That sucks, man. I hope everything turns out okay for you and your father.

Well I think I finally figured out why i've been dealing with horrible insomnia, tiredness, fatigue and inability to concentrate for the last half a month. Turns out the prescribed medicine I take for my chronic heartburn causes a B12 deficiency if taken consistently. The final straw to figuring this out today was when I suddenly felt exausted and sleepy after only being awake for three hours, turned around to lie down and just.. collapsed on my bed.

I've got some supplements now, we'll see in a day or two if they do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad now has gotten worse, he's on a ventilator and in a medical coma. I'm worried to death, please pray, he needs it. They said if he pulls through he is going to have lasting affects and won't be how he use to be

I wish I recorded all his past stories as a deputy sheriff, I wish I could see or talk to him, I want him to come home so bad but he might not ever come home, it depends if he pulls through and does well with rehab. 

I along with all of you can say F*CK YOU COVID! My sister came by and is staying the night here so I can have someone to keep me company, and we may have to look at other options. I'm just so scared, I know he wouldn't want me to blame myself, but I do. I got Covid, and it spread to him. I just feel so guilty 

Edited by TrisetMaster908

22 hours ago, TrisetMaster908 said:

My dad now has gotten worse, he's on a ventilator and in a medical coma. I'm worried to death, please pray, he needs it. They said if he pulls through he is going to have lasting affects and won't be how he use to be

I wish I recorded all his past stories as a deputy sheriff, I wish I could see or talk to him, I want him to come home so bad but he might not ever come home, it depends if he pulls through and does well with rehab. 

I along with all of you can say F*CK YOU COVID! My sister came by and is staying the night here so I can have someone to keep me company, and we may have to look at other options. I'm just so scared, I know he wouldn't want me to blame myself, but I do. I got Covid, and it spread to him. I just feel so guilty 

Hey man. I’m pulling for your dad too. Odds are just a number. 

As for blaming yourself? Don’t. If you take all the proper precautions (mask, hand samitiser) there is nothing else you can do. Don’t beat yourself up for things you can’t control.