Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

PaperThinWalls

I cannot seem to at all understand Spanish. No matter how much I study, I still struggle immensely with it. My history degree requires 4 foreign language classes. I've failed every exam so far...

Watch television and movies in Spanish. You'll pick it up. Seriously...Netflix offers a ton of Spanish content. Just start watching stuff with Spanish language and English subs.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My best friend is half-Puerto Rican but didnt really try to learn Spanish until about 2 years ago. Paid for Rosetta Stone and everything, and just couldnt get it. He got frustrated to the point that he quit. Ive been speaking Spanish my entire life..it was actually my first language, so I find basic Spanish easy as hell. The only really frustrating thing is that Spanish is different everywhere. Even just Puerto Ricans, Mexicans and Cubans have different words for everything and communication between them becomes difficult if you havent hung around them your whole life. I remember a conversation with Pentagon Jr that I had years ago where he understood everything I was saying but I didnt understand half the shit he was saying because I didnt really grow up around Mexican people. Lol

Edited by ANTI-

I work with a bunch of Spanish-speaking people (Guatemalans)...they understand enough English, and I understand enough Spanish that we can get along just fine. We aren't about to have any long-winded conversations in either English or Spanish, but our interactions combine both languages and a bunch of curse words. :lol: I'll say things like "Maybe muchos cervezas esta noche"...so it's like a bastardization of both languages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actual bullshit of my own...

Been purchasing some shows on Fite for Mania weekend. Two of the ones I ordered went through just fine and show up as ordered. The third (HOG Culture Clash 19) said it failed to go through, and I got an email from paypal saying that the transaction was under review. What the *Censored* does that mean? Now I can't order it again, because Paypal is telling me to wait 72 hours. What a cluster*censored*. Smh.

So, the paypal was reversed. Went back and tried again...got the same thing about pending approval. Went and used my card instead (which I dislike doing)...that worked fine. Pain in my ass, tbh. And the pending paypal better not go through now that I actually paid for it with my card. Smh.

Edited by Generations

I cannot seem to at all understand Spanish. No matter how much I study, I still struggle immensely with it. My history degree requires 4 foreign language classes. I've failed every exam so far...

Watch television and movies in Spanish. You'll pick it up. Seriously...Netflix offers a ton of Spanish content. Just start watching stuff with Spanish language and English subs.

Spanish is really easy, especially since a lot of words in English have similar pronunciation in Spanish. Maybe because I speak Spanish I can say that but it shouldn't be too hard, and it's kind of a gateway language to other latin based languages like Portuguese or Italian.

The three strongest actresses we got in our auditions all pulled out of the project after realizing their character would be fairly religious. As an agnostic, I kinda get it, I wouldn't really want my face associated with a heavily faith based character given the current political standing of things, ESPECIALLY if my career is only beginning to bloom and the budget is what it is. But as the casting director, it sucks. All three cancelled in a duration of like 5 hours after being invited back in, and it felt like I got punched in the stomach for hours.

I have to pay my state taxes. Granted, it's not even over $20 but still. At least the governor's not a republican though.

The three strongest actresses we got in our auditions all pulled out of the project after realizing their character would be fairly religious. As an agnostic, I kinda get it, I wouldn't really want my face associated with a heavily faith based character given the current political standing of things, ESPECIALLY if my career is only beginning to bloom and the budget is what it is. But as the casting director, it sucks. All three cancelled in a duration of like 5 hours after being invited back in, and it felt like I got punched in the stomach for hours.

It's acting, they shouldn't get judged just for acting.

Trying to figure out how to make The Sims 2 work on Windows 10, lol. It worked fine on XP, Vista, and 7. Perfectly on 7 (my laptop), but I don't play games on my laptop due to the battery sucking.

Tried compatibility mode. I gave up and uninstalled it. The game will not launch. I try to launch it, my desktop goes to 800x600 or something, nothing responds (including task manager), and I frantically try to figure out how to end task for 20 minutes. Until eventually... the desktop goes back to normal resolution like nothing happened.

It seems to work in windowed mode, but only at 800x600. I'll have to try again another day... maybe after my SWTOR subscription runs out.

Well, after waiting 3 weeks, my family and I obtained closure: It turns out my sister had "carsinoma of the breast", which is a fancy way of saying she had estrogen dominant breast cancer. I'm just happy she's not in pain anymore. My Uncle told me "Hey, you guys did everything you could for her. You guys stayed with her at her treatments, you guys stayed withbher at the hospital. You guys aren't doctors. You did all you could do." Like my mother said, "We just have to band together."

Edited by Motown Hero

Totally slept on an eBay listing for Pokemon Platinum. Thought I could hold out a bit and someone snagged it.

I'm confused. From what I'm seeing, Platinum isn't even selling high on ebay. Lots of $11-12 listings for the card without a case...and I even see several "buy it now; brand new/sealed" for $20-25.

Edited by Generations

Totally slept on an eBay listing for Pokemon Platinum. Thought I could hold out a bit and someone snagged it.

I'm confused. From what I'm seeing, Platinum isn't even selling high on ebay. Lots of $11-12 listings for the card without a case...and I even see several "buy it now; brand new/sealed" for $20-25.

Practically all of those aren't real and are reproductions, meaning trading, transferring, etc wouldn't be doable. Authentic copies are usually up for bids and can run fairly high.

Been telling my director for ages now that he needed to nail down contracts with some of our name actors, and one who was actually really interested just got booked for our shoot date. Mildly frustrated. The plus side is they still want to go out to someone, so now I'm speeding through IMDB looking for actresses that are "big, but not too big".

A family member recently discovered that my clubbed feet may not come from my father as was always believed but may instead come from an undiagnosed hereditary disease called Ehlers Danlos syndrome.

It would go a long way towards explaining some of my other health issues.

Edited by Brandon-X