Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been listening to Joey "Coco" Diaz's podcast, "The Church of What's Happening Now", for a little while now. I had fallen behind a few episodes, but listened to the latest one at work today. When it was over, it went to the one from last week, and I had to find out through there that comedian Brody Stevens had committed suicide on February 22nd. Dude, I had no idea. I used to watch videos of his podcasts all the time....he was also friends with Joe Rogan and Brian Redban and I would see him on Redban's Ice House Chronicles occasionally. I had a crush on Esther Povitsky at the time, and she was one of his friends and like his sidekick on his podcasts, so that was how I got into him. He had a lot going on, in terms of mental illness, but you really felt for him and wanted to see him get better and have his breakthrough one day and get everything he ever wanted. I guess it got the better of him in the end, as it does all too often.

Things like that frighten me too...from Brody Stevens to Robin Williams to Chester Bennington....it's like you fight mental illness and you fight it and you fight it and you always make it out on the other end eventually.....but then one day you can't fight anymore. I dunno...I recommend checking out Joey Diaz's podcast #666 if you'd like to hear him and Redban discussing that and other things. I promise the podcast is usually hilarious, but yeah, I had to find out through that and at work and it just rocked my world for a little bit; it's so sad.

Spread it around social media and get your friends to help boost it for you? BUt otherwise happy birthday

Thank you. I appreciate it. I just hope I haven't been an annoyance on this forum. It's truly been a priviledge to be part of this forum.

Of course not, brother, you've been great. It's just...man...there's no words for something like that. It's like I'm grieving right there with you, because you never want anything like that to happen to anyone in our community. This is like a family in itself at this point and anytime you wanna talk about anything, I'm here and I'm sure all of us are here also. Just make sure your kids always know what an awesome aunt they had or would have had.

Edited by ANTI-

I really want a new phone, but I think it's *censored*ing ludicrous that a decent one costs 900+ dollars.

Price gouging at its finest.

I can afford it...but, I don't want to.

https://www.oneplus.com/6t?from=head if you're interested in that

Hmmm...I can actually get that through T-Mobile too (I'm grandfathered in for 30 dollars a month, so I plan on staying there) :lol:

I've been listening to Joey "Coco" Diaz's podcast, "The Church of What's Happening Now", for a little while now. I had fallen behind a few episodes, but listened to the latest one at work today. When it was over, it went to the one from last week, and I had to find out through there that comedian Brody Stevens had committed suicide on February 22nd. Dude, I had no idea. I used to watch videos of his podcasts all the time....he was also friends with Joe Rogan and Brian Redban and I would see him on Redban's Ice House Chronicles occasionally. I had a crush on Esther Povitsky at the time, and she was one of his friends and like his sidekick on his podcasts, so that was how I got into him. He had a lot going on, in terms of mental illness, but you really felt for him and wanted to see him get better and have his breakthrough one day and get everything he ever wanted. I guess it got the better of him in the end, as it does all too often.

Things like that frighten me too...from Brody Stevens to Robin Williams to Chester Bennington....it's like you fight mental illness and you fight it and you fight it and you always make it out on the other end eventually.....but then one day you can't fight anymore. I dunno...I recommend checking out Joey Diaz's podcast #666 if you'd like to hear him and Redban discussing that and other things. I promise the podcast is usually hilarious, but yeah, I had to find out through that and at work and it just rocked my world for a little bit; it's so sad.

Spread it around social media and get your friends to help boost it for you? BUt otherwise happy birthday

Thank you. I appreciate it. I just hope I haven't been an annoyance on this forum. It's truly been a priviledge to be part of this forum.

Of course not, brother, you've been great. It's just...man...there's no words for something like that. It's like I'm grieving right there with you, because you never want anything like that to happen to anyone in our community. This is like a family in itself at this point and anytime you wanna talk about anything, I'm here and I'm sure all of us are here also. Just make sure your kids always know what an awesome aunt they had or would have had.

Thank you ANTI. That means a lot.

Feel free to share the link here as well if you feel comfortable.

Okay. I'll do that. Any little bit helps.https://www.gofundme.com/funeral-expenses-for-bea-davis?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m Edited by Motown Hero

ATM is BS. I'm trying to find my younger brothers who are twins, was born a year after I was and was adopted and moved away. And I've NEVER seen them. I'm trying to locate them now but having no luck. I think I know who to contact tomorrow to help me find them

I really want a new phone, but I think it's *censored*ing ludicrous that a decent one costs 900+ dollars.

Price gouging at its finest.

I can afford it...but, I don't want to.

https://www.oneplus.com/6t?from=head if you're interested in that

Hmmm...I can actually get that through T-Mobile too (I'm grandfathered in for 30 dollars a month, so I plan on staying there) :lol:

I used to have that $30 a month plan for the longest time, until my brother introduced me to the $40 a month plan lol. For just $10 more I get way more data than I had under the other plan. You should check it out.

This damn sore throat. I've been taking this Zicam every 3 hours. Not many left in the box. I may in the home stretch now anyway, since I don't have any other symptoms.

Between that and me playing on my new PC, my sleep schedule's out of whack. I'm a procrastinator and excuse maker, so whenever I'm sick, I get lazy.

If anyone remembers, about 3 months ago I injured my foot decently badly.

Welp, last night I accidentally reopened the resulting scar. Blood everywhere, cursing everywhere. Spent the night in the next town over to get it stitched and rest. Whatever entity out there is desperately trying to destroy my right foot.. they're succeeding.

I think my Hernia mesh is breaking, The surgery sucks so much, the healing is annoying and it's like just kissing 5000$ dollars goodbye , I even sprang for the good mesh that was suppose to last, I rested a extra week to be safe!. Sorry, I hope everyone whose going through shit at least gets a small moment of joy soon..be it a cookie, oral or Nice Buds ...Holy Shit Brandon I know how you feel!! I hope things get better for you my man. If not, I hope you at least get a handy or something.

GUYS PLEASE go to my Twitter @TrisetMaster908 and share my post. I'm trying to find my brothers. They were adopted after they were born. I've only seen them when they were born on November 12 1994. I want to know them, I've had no luck with the law office who helped adopt them so trying to use the power of the internet to help me in my search. The reason I have some photos are because the people who adopted them sent it to the Lawyers who gave them to us. I'd love some help. I didnt know where to post this, or make it it's own topic. I would love the help

What did the lawyers tell you? And what information do you have? Do you have the full names of your siblings and their parents and you just need a location or what?

What did the lawyers tell you? And what information do you have? Do you have the full names of your siblings and their parents and you just need a location or what?

Well 1 of the lawyers that handled it is Dead, and the other is in very horrible health, I believe I know the first names David and John, they were born on November 12 1994 in Ozark Alabama. They were adopted shortly after and moved away. I have pictures because back then the people who adopted them sent them to the lawyer who sent it to my birth mom

Have you tried any of these adoption or ancestry sites to see if you can pin down an exact name?

You prolly already checked with the state offices themselves I assume. Sometimes they keep adoption records

Edited by WNX

Oceanhorn 2 was just announced as 'Apple Arcade' exclusive.

For those who may not have seen it, I just posted about buying Oceanhorn 1 for Switch in the "recently purchased games" topic. So...this pisses me off in a huge way. It's a great little series, and I was looking forward to owning and playing the sequel for Switch as well. Apple Arcade is going to be a failure, and I hope this game manages to find life somewhere else when it inevitably does fail. Here's hoping it's a "timed exclusive" like many deals these days are.

Edited by Generations

There's this one middle aged dude in a wheelchair in the residence/long-term center where my grandmother lives who's just an angry asshole all the time. I don't know whatever the reason he got put here but as he drives around the hallways on his wheelchair, he swears at old patients including ladies for no reason. Ever since the first time I saw him I just got mad asshole vibes. It's not like he's entirely crippled and old cause he drives the wheelchair fast as hell. At least he hasn't said anything to my grandmother who barely speaks English otherwise I would tell him to shut the *Censored* up, on god

There's this one middle aged dude in a wheelchair in the residence/long-term center where my grandmother lives who's just an angry asshole all the time. I don't know whatever the reason he got put here but as he drives around the hallways on his wheelchair, he swears at old patients including ladies for no reason. Ever since the first time I saw him I just got mad asshole vibes. It's not like he's entirely crippled and old cause he drives the wheelchair fast as hell. At least he hasn't said anything to my grandmother who barely speaks English otherwise I would tell him to shut the *Censored* up, on god

Easy fix is just wait til the wheelchair is out of his sight and disconnect whatever brakes it has. He can eat a dose of humble pie by going full steam into a wall or something.

Had a ton of actors cancel on me last minute for tomorrows casting call. Most of them cited "death in family/family emergency", and the cynic in me wonders if that's just the default excuse so we can't give them any flack for being last minute. Also with 12 hours left, there's just no way to schedule anyone else. Wish I could do this full time, at least then I'd be able to immediately reschedule someone, instead of being stuck at the day job and waiting til I get home to catch up on this shit.

I cannot seem to at all understand Spanish. No matter how much I study, I still struggle immensely with it. My history degree requires 4 foreign language classes. I've failed every exam so far...

Edited by Aqfitz

My life is in kind of a weird moment right now with the ups and downs. I am still gonna try and swing a trip to Queens, NY this Friday to catch that Stardom show. Have to wait til direct deposit hits on midnight the day of to book train tickets because all my major bills hit on the 1st. Slipped my mind that Takeover before Mania is on a Friday so Im gonna miss that, because Im gonna be on the train back home. Oh well. But yeah, taking like a 2 or 3 day trip to Florida in another 2 weeks because my grandfathers health has been bad and all the grandchildren are out there for the first time in years, minus myself, and my mother wants us all there for maybe the last opportunity at full family pictures. And this is after finding in the past few days that one of my uncles has cancer really bad, to the point where if his pre-chemo treatments dont have the desired effect, they give him up to a year left to live. If all goes well, he can stick around for up to 10 more years. He just retired 2 years ago and this just sucks. I dont know what to make of it all. Staying positive isnt easy when shit just keeps falling apart around you that you cant control, and just fall flat on your face when you do try to take control.

Overall, its exciting to sort of fly by the seat of my pants and travel here and there within short periods of time, including New Orleans about a month ago, and feel like an important person when I dont really have the money lol, but then 2 people I love have been on a major decline, health-wise.

Edited by ANTI-