Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Burned myself about 20 seconds after waking up. Still not sure how it happened...as my hands are extremely resistant to fire and heat. I grab hot embers and burning logs all the time. And this time, I was merely placing a fresh piece of wood into the fire, and I really don't even know how or why my thumb touched a hot piece and burned almost instantly. Nothing serious, but, it definitely changed the appearance of my fingerprint. :lol:

Really, I'm just confused by it. Like I said...my mitts are about as fire proof as they come. Must have just been one of those situations where it's the thing you don't see that gets you. When I intentionally grab hot things, I guess I expect it. This time, maybe my thumb was sizzling away before I even knew it was touching something hot. Probably. Lol.

Edited by Generations

Tbh Mob you're being kinda naive here. If this guy is her soulmate then she's in love with him and will jump at the chance to date him again if he asks whether you're with her or not. This screams "you support her and she gets better then she dates this guy instead and you feel like shit".

Tbh Mob you're being kinda naive here. If this guy is her soulmate then she's in love with him and will jump at the chance to date him again if he asks whether you're with her or not. This screams "you support her and she gets better then she dates this guy instead and you feel like shit".

Shut up, Muur.

Guest Fight Me.

Grandma passed and her birthday was the other week. Didnt even make time to call her cause I was working. I feel like an asshole

My condolences, friend. Hope you can forgive yourself, I'm sure she wouldn't want you feeling that way and knows how much she meant to you. :(

Grandma passed and her birthday was the other week. Didnt even make time to call her cause I was working. I feel like an asshole

My condolences, man :( Don't beat yourself up too much about it. I also feel the need to call my grandma every weekend I'm not home

I bet you think the friendzone is a real thing as well.

MOB, I'd imagine that if this woman and her ex were together for years and he knows all about her sexual assault trauma and probably so much more, then they probably have a very deep bond by now, romantic or otherwise. There probably are residual feelings between them, but it's not my place to say. Whether you trust nothing will happen between them is up to you. My best advice would be to just be there for her, be a positive person in her life. You'll just have to see if things develop between the two of you. You may even change your mind on that. And even if you're there for her and she gets back with her ex, or anyone else, try not to feel too down about it. Try think of it as you've helped a friend recover to a point where she's happy enough with herself, rather than 'ah man I put in all this work for nothing'. Don't think of it as putting in work for a potential future relationship, think of it as helping someone you care about that's in need.

Muur's point about 'you support her and then she dates someone else' is damaging and pretty sexist. It's basically saying that being nice and supportive to a woman means she has to date you, which is controlling and doesn't consider her interests and desires at all. If you're only being nice to a woman so you can *Censored* her, then you're a scumbag.

Try think of it as you've helped a friend recover to a point where she's happy enough with herself, rather than 'ah man I put in all this work for nothing'. Don't think of it as putting in work for a potential future relationship, think of it as helping someone you care about that's in need.

Yeah this precisely. You can never have too many friends, and the way you are towards her may do more for her that you'll ever realize.

She needs real friends right now I would think.

Probably best to ignore most, if not all, relationship advice from Muur.

I've probably been in more relationships than you Edited by Muur