Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

PaperThinWalls

I would have preferred a lot of snow to what we got here. Now there is a lot of pooling slush and water, and the temperature is going to drop to 1F (-17C) tonight. Temp is already below freezing now (you can stare at the thermometer and just watch the digits drop), so everything is flash freezing as the high winds blow across it. Gotta get to work and back without dying again. Pray for Mojo.

Same here in Germany, actually.

Probably going to kill our daily delivered food at work.

Not to mention...our bodies

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have preferred a lot of snow to what we got here. Now there is a lot of pooling slush and water, and the temperature is going to drop to 1F (-17C) tonight. Temp is already below freezing now (you can stare at the thermometer and just watch the digits drop), so everything is flash freezing as the high winds blow across it. Gotta get to work and back without dying again. Pray for Mojo.

You can't take the day off?

Gen, where in Jersey are you? Every time these storms come in Jersey and Boston get mudhole stomped compared to us. How you end up with slush?

Climate change.

I live in the highlands, and we usually get a shitload of snow. I mean...I live on a literal mountain. We have always been hit with a foot of snow when these situations happened in the past. But, we have just been wet this year. Unseasonably warm for the majority of the winter, and now it's single-digit cold tonight.

it hasn't snowed down here much, and I live few miles south of Gen.

How do you know where I live? :lol:

You can't take the day off?

I could, but no. I don't operate that way.

Man if I took a day off every time it rained and snap froze...

I gotta stay the hell out of this topic though. I was trying to finish work around 11p and certain circumstances led me to pick up an employee who couldn't get her car all the way up our hill and I've gotten the heads up that she was super frustrated and upset bawling her eyes out and what not.

Her anxiety was through the roof on top of a preexisting respiratory issue and then a recent respiratory infection which I was almost certain was bronchial but the doctors from what I can tell believe her lungs were fine. In any case she never made it into the building, I took her to the ER because she wouldn't calm down>she couldn't breathe>her chest hurt trying and her saying "I'm scared" in regards to the pain was a huge red flag.

Despite her urging to go to work because she called out the day before, I convinced her to go get checked (even though she ignored urges from her fiance and close friends over the ladt few days) and then had to convince her,to stay when the doctors wanted to,watch,her,overnight. Apparently something similar happened in April and she ended up in there 5 days and she doesn't want that again but I told her as much as she wants to help, she's no good to anybody in that state so she stayed. I went back to work to wrap up and got home just in time for my girl to take the car. Didn't get home til 5a... And then got to shovel more of the lovely snow I would've had cleaned up if my girl didn't rush me to work to begin with >_< and then get to get up and clean off the car I would've if I didnt get rush off to work so I can take HER mom to YET ANOTHER HOSPITAL

Go away 2019, please

Aww sheeit you're getting rid of your baby? That sucks. Did you buy into that store or did you build it from the ground?

Yeah unfortunately. Just the best way to pay off things. And yeah I bought it existing. Sucks but it is what it is I guess. Just hope things work out well with everything.

I went to see Dragon Ball Super Broly in Japanese with subtitles but the screening I went to showed it in English with no notice. I am pissed off about it. That's not the version I paid to watch tonight.

Plus, the two idiots I sat next to would not shut the *Censored* up. They talked throughout the whole *censored*ing film.

Edited by AlterNation

The dog we're dogsitting ate my ear plugs, and my house acoustics suck, so I lost my last two hours of sleep this morning to my mom playing music and skyping people downstairs. My dad's always chill about skyping people in the basement in the morning because he knows I work late/sleep late (and our basement is completely furbished and whatever so it's not like it's a downgrade), but my mom refuses to budge on anything that, in her mind, is us throwing our weight around. Now I've got that mildly tired headache going on for probably the rest of the day, and I gotta get through an entire script for a last second meeting tomorrow, not to mention watching TakeOver (which I missed last night) and the Rumble. I really do hate that woman sometimes...

Indeed, a ring that I wear on a finger. Why was it loose? Weight loss, I suppose.

Today's B.S. going on right now? It's currently -22 F outside right now. Thank Jeebus work has been cancelled for the day, possibly tomorrow as well if it the cold continues.

Edited by NegativeCreep

My Samsung S6 died on Monday, all it shows is "Samsung S6" - it doesn't turn off either. I ran the battery down, and then plugged it in, but still the same old screen. I've tried every combination of button holding and pressing - but nothing.

You don't realize how much you need a smartphone, until yours is out of action.

Guest Fight Me.

Pretty sure I'm getting fired. Got left a voicemail and email to call them back. Thought I was in the clear since most seasonal people got let go a month ago. My buddy called back and said they're letting even more people go. Not really surprised considering how slow it's been after the holidays. I don't really wanna call back, but I also don't wanna show up on Monday and probably get fired in person. Don't know what to do lol

Edited by Fight Me.

Pretty sure I'm getting fired. Got left a voicemail and email to call them back. Thought I was in the clear since most seasonal people got let go a month ago. My buddy called back and said they're letting even more people go. Not really surprised considering how slow it's been after the holidays. I don't really wanna call back, but I also don't wanna show up on Monday and probably get fired in person. Don't know what to do lol

My advice would be to at least go - because if they do let you go, then if you're on good terms with them it enhances your chance of them giving a favourable reference. Plus generally I find it's not worth the aggravation to go to war with them.

It's harder in person for them aswell. Both things, depending on your attitude, will leave an impact. Put an face on that impression and go there on Monday

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, it's looks like I'm going to have to go on Monday. I got anxious and actually called yesterday and today between the times they said to, but they've yet to pick up. I guess if they're in such a hurry to get rid of me, they would've called again by now? Idk. If I end up staying, I'm looking at spending about $15 a day on Uber to get there with my friend gone now. That'll be half my paycheck every week. I don't think I win either way this ends up going.

Edited by Fight Me.

Dunno where you work, but I'd say talk to them. In the meanwhile, you can always try Adecco and see if they'll help you find a job. They've done good for me. Despite what the others say though, I don't think it'll be that hard for them to let you go, businesses usually don't give a shit unless you're close to whoever's gonna let you go.