WWE 2k20 Wishlist?

baken1942

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move modifier + strike button could allow us to select one more running corner strike for someones moveset. Too many great options to just be limited to one for everybody. We could even get 3 or 4 (from Front Position) if you separate the square and X buttons (which currently do the same attack).

Also, if you wanna sneak a Bow Down To The Queens taunt in there with Io...just saying.... about 7 or 8 people could use that...probably more, come October..

Hardy Boyz Showcase that continually branches out into both of their solo runs and ends with them returning at Mania for the ladder match. They had several solo runs each and kept coming back together. They had Team Xtreme with Lita. Theres a lot of meat there, I feel. Could be a long and enjoyable showcase full of great content and memorable matches. Having the Mania return match Jeff without the facepaint (the one we have this year) can stay in as an alternate attire, since Im guessing hes gonna have facepaint for 2K20. Wonder which one its gonna be..

I think the only thing really stopping this from happening is not being able to get CM Punk at the moment. He had a pretty good feud with Jeff, and even somewhat of one what Matt after Jeffs departure that might not be as good to leave out.

But if they can make it happen I'd be all for it. I'd say make it a Team Xtreme showcase that way the Women's division can have some additional legends/alumni added to the game that faced Lita over the years also.

Modifiers in general for move positions. Modifiers for strong strikes, modifiers for diving moves, etc.

didn't SmackDown vs. RAW 2010 have it....where u would get an extra running move if u held R1/RB? Thats what we need. So we have the 2 running strikes we have now. And then 2 more if u hold the button down.

I been thinking about what if they did the thing that they've done with taunts. Where u have 1 taunt u can do on purpose. and the rest will kinda pull from a pool of taunts that u chose if u press a different button.

So instead of Grapple Up/Down/Left/Right being 4 moves. Maybe u hold R1/RB and press grapple and a direction to do a specific move. But if u don't hold the button it pulls from a pull of moves u chose for that direction. Maybe 1-4 extra moves.

Or maybe some moves can stack? So say u chose Scoop Slam 2 as an Up Grapple. Maybe it allows u to also assign another Scoop slam to that direction? So u can pick maybe Scoop Slam 5 as an alternate? So u grapple and press Up and u will get either one of those Scoop Slams. Maybe not the same one each time. So sometimes it will be Scoop Slam 2 sometimes it will perform Scoop Slam 5? Could be good when someone needs multiple versions of same kinda move. Like a normal Suplex.... a scoop slam...chokeslam...ddt.....neckbreaker...snap suplex etc

Hardy Boyz Showcase that continually branches out into both of their solo runs and ends with them returning at Mania for the ladder match. They had several solo runs each and kept coming back together. They had Team Xtreme with Lita. Theres a lot of meat there, I feel. Could be a long and enjoyable showcase full of great content and memorable matches. Having the Mania return match Jeff without the facepaint (the one we have this year) can stay in as an alternate attire, since Im guessing hes gonna have facepaint for 2K20. Wonder which one its gonna be..

I think the only thing really stopping this from happening is not being able to get CM Punk at the moment. He had a pretty good feud with Jeff, and even somewhat of one what Matt after Jeffs departure that might not be as good to leave out.

But if they can make it happen I'd be all for it. I'd say make it a Team Xtreme showcase that way the Women's division can have some additional legends/alumni added to the game that faced Lita over the years also.

I don't really remember the Punk feud with Matt, off the top of my head. The Jeff feud was great, but if they can't get CM Punk, it wasn't really an important feud for Jeff, when looking back at his entire career. It was one of the more important feuds in CM Punk establishing his presence in WWE before all the Pipebomb stuff, but for Jeff, it was just another feud....another guy being scripted to get over as a heel by poking fun at his history of drug use. Wasn't the first, wouldn't be the last. lol. PWI gave it Feud of the Year, though, so that's awesome.

I had pitched a Rey Showcase in an earlier post, and I consider Chris Jericho to be perhaps his greatest rival behind Eddie Guerrero. Lack of Jericho in a Rey Showcase, and in the game in general, may hurt quite a bit more than them leaving out the one CM Punk storyline with Jeff. I can see the obvious TLC matches being in a Hardys showcase, maybe a match from when they had the mesh tops and what not...with Gangrel or Terri Runnels or something. I see a Team Xtreme match or two with that entrance coming back. Solo stuff like Jeff's ladder match with Taker, so we can get that old short-haired Here Comes The Pain Jeff back in a game....some Matt Hardy Version 1...the 2005 Matt Hardy return feud with Edge... Jeff coming back in 2006 and facing Edge... Jeff's world title feud against Randy Orton, where he went waaaaaay up in the air and Swanton Bombed on Orton from January 08. That and a lot more they can do, to make up for not being able to get Punk. I agree that a full Team Xtreme Showcase would be nice though, even if getting them to sit there all together and relive everything would be an awkward day of filming. Lol

-Selectable reversals. One of the things I hate most is when I do a big reversal, and then it sets the opponent in a position where I don't want them to. Selecting reversals will allow us to reverse moves then be able to set up optimal counters for signatures and finishers.

-Search system for moves. With so many different moves and names, being able to search a name for a move would be welcome.

-When we select a move, allow us to fill of pool of variations of that move. Then when we do that move, the animation is different.

-Springboard moves pool

Some concepts I created a few years ago.

Back and Forth Concept
Requirements
-Match Speed set to Slow
-Both characters' stamina in purple
Activation
-Both characters stike at the same time
Description
One of the most common spots in wrestling is when both wrestlers are tired, but still throw punches at one another, back and forth. In 2k18, when both wrestlers are tired and strike at the same time, a mini game takes place. Whoever has the higher strike speed gets the 1st strike. The character taking the strike can try to press the quicktime event to coutner. Quicktime counters start out really hard at first, with them being on screen for only ¼ of a second. For each time the counter is missed, the time it appears on screen increases by ¼ of a second
E.G. - C1 strikes C2
C2 fails the quicktime event
C2 strikes C1
C1 fails the quicktime event
C1 strijes C2
C2 fails the quicktime event
*Continues until someone gets the quicktime event)
----------------------
Sequences
Requirements
-Both characters health in the green.
-Both characters stamina in the light blue
Activation
-During a chain wrestling sequence, when both characters fill up their guage reletivly close together.
Description
Being a more common thing is matches now a days, these sequences of moves show often show off how equal the 2 opponents are. Now, in WWE 2K18, you too can perform these sequences. In Create a Moveset, there is a new section called Sequence Moves. In this section, you can select a varity of moves to fit into 6 slots. Slots 1-3 are rather basic moves. Arm Drags, Shoulder takles, flips, etc. Slots 4-5 are bigger moves such as spring boards and and grapples. Slot 6 is a move that finishes the sequence, such as hitting a dropkick that downs an opponent, A spinning back head kick, nearly hitting the opponent as they tumple back into a kneeling position. There are many options to choose from so every sequence is unique.
To start a sequence, when both characters in the chain wrestling minigame fill up their guages at the same time (or relitivly close), this will start a sequence that starts with the character with the highest grapple speed. The one starting the sequence will hit their first move, but the second character will have a chance to counter using a quick time event. The window for countering is very fair, as the intention is to create a back and forth sequence. If a counter is succesful, that player starts their sequence. If their sequence is countered, the other characters sequence continues from where it was left off when they got countered.
When a sequence starts, 5 dots are presented above each players hud at the bottom of the screen. When you counter a move in a sequence, a dot above the one countering fills up. By the end of the sequence, the one with the most full dots wins the sequence, hitting their sequence finisher. If both players have countered every move, the sequence ends in a stalemate, with both going for a similar move. Sequences can only be done once per match.

The game desperately needs a lot more (and more varied) tag entrances and victories.

i second this. there needs to be a large variety of generic male and female animations for tag and solo for both entrance and victory. 2k19 has a large enough roster for putting together womens tag teams, there isn't really any animations. and giving them a male animation is just plain frickin weird.

more lettering fonts. and allowing letters to be used when creating a 'group image'.

when creating a championship, allow us to take a snap shot to be able to use as an image.

I was gonna say a week or so ago that, although anything can happen in the next few months, two somewhat unlikely people from the NXT roster that I would like to see in the game are Xia Li and Kacy Catanzaro, and they were just in the Rumble. I like them a lot...and then theres the thing of how Xia can help promote the game to the Chinese market...and then Kacy is a celebrity outside of wrestling and those are always nice to pad the roster with, when you can.

Would like to be able to press L1 to unfold a chair and set it on the ground, as with a ladder or table. Also, to be able to strike or front facelock drag an opponent towards the chair and have them sit on it. Saw Beer City Bruiser do a running cannonball senton from the apron onto a guy sitting in a chair and I thought it was kinda weird that we couldnt recreate something like that in the games yet. We could even run towards the chair and do Poetry In Motion-style diving maneuvers off of it, or the classic Raven drop toe hold into the chair and so on.

Edit- Heres the cannonball spot

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1087200638696648705?s=21

Sabus Triple Jump Moonsault as a chair OMG

Fosbury Flop OMG for Ricochet

regular Sasuke Special:

https://youtu.be/CBIOib4O0A0

and the Sasuke Special with a corkscrew:

https://twitter.com/entetsu_ddt/status/1089573871190126592?s=21

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1087892155417403393?s=21

Asukas Pop Up Knee Strike as a Catching Finisher

Crowd should pop for every outside dive as if it were an OMG moment....or an OHHHHH

when you miss.

Battling up and down the arena stairs when youre fighting behind the guardrail. Should be able to initiate the Go Backstage prompt around the top of the steps. And maybe even figure out a way where the recipient of a certain number of strikes goes rolling halfway down the stairs or something. Lol

Universe Mode to be more unpredictable like in the older games. Basically just a revamp of the whole mode to be exact. Ever since they applied the rivalries tab within the mode, it hasnt been the same and in my opinion its gotten worse over the years.

I agree. It would be cool if they could incorporate some features from GM mode into a revamped version of Universe mode.

Also can we just get rid of Promos? 2k tried to make it work, but it is still shit.

Universe Mode to be more unpredictable like in the older games. Basically just a revamp of the whole mode to be exact. Ever since they applied the rivalries tab within the mode, it hasnt been the same and in my opinion its gotten worse over the years.

i turn the auto rivalries off. i hate that the promos take up match slots.

Kinda weird that we never got the WWE version of Goldbergs theme. I mean I know many people prefer his WCW theme. But I think the newer one fits him better nowadays. Hell, he even used the WWE version as an exit theme when he was Universal Champion. So, highly doubtful but hopeful that 2K add in Goldbergs WWE theme.

Guest Shades of Cool

Less clothing and hair restrictions, for example not being able to use Eva Marie's jacket and hair together even though you could before.

With 2K20 losing (more than likely):

- Chris Jericho
- Dean Ambrose
- Hideo Itami
- Nick Miller

and easily more (Revival, Maria/Mike Kanellis, maybe Shane Thorne too from the roster like when Blake/Murphy broke up and left the roster) I think ANTI may get their wish in getting more NXT UK names on the 2K20 roster. I'd say the more people that leave the main roster the more likelihood of NXT UK additions, even if it's just through DLC. I could easily see a Rising Stars DLC featuring a mix of NXT and NXT UK moving forward in general.

Archived