WWE 2k20 Wishlist?

baken1942

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reworked reversal windows. I've complained about how the game will just sometimes ignore reversals but there's also the issue of some moves having absolutely *censored*ing ridiculously small reversal windows. Hell, some grounded moves have absolutely no tells at all before going into the moves animation and the reversal window for them is a fraction of a fraction of a second.

If the reversal system is going to be the games only line of defence, then it needs to work properly.

Not sure if its been mentioned but I'd really like to be able to choose where in the calender year Universe starts without having to sim to that month.

This would be a nice little upgrade.

Another couple of small features that would be cool; the ability to assign a CAW as an alternate attire for another CAW and the ability to customise what is said in those god awful promo segments in Universe mode.

The sort of upgrades that'll make it a day one must have for me - full current roster, NXT UK people, Universe improvements, GM mode, advanced tag team entrances, intergender match types (mixed tag is a start) and finally sorting out the managers. On the subject on managers... Make them all playable... Not that big of a deal compared to any of this other stuff but still.

A couple of new specialty match types (ambulance for example) would be nice too but not something I care too much about, especially after the Wyatt compound last time out.

Just hit me but to go back to the days when you didnt have to be a tag team to challenge for the tag titles. Id love to create my own storyline like in real life and have the champion and challenger win the tag titles, without making them a legit tag.

Just hit me but to go back to the days when you didnt have to be a tag team to challenge for the tag titles. Id love to create my own storyline like in real life and have the champion and challenger win the tag titles, without making them a legit tag.

Isn't that possible again?

I dont think so. I feel like I tried and it wouldnt let me.

Yeah I dont remember when it wasnt possible. Happened all the time for me. Spend a half hour organizing tag teams just for two random people to become champs.

There was a conversation in the Discussion topic some time ago where someone was I guess complaining about legends getting any attention this year whatsoever. But it got me thinking and I had jotted this down, back whenever that was..

I love any and all legends we get in the game, but it's also a boom period for wrestling around the globe and this year's roster of current talent has some insane potential for what we might get. That being said, now that Hogan is back in the games, something that's never been done before [and could be cool for the future] would be a Showcase of the WWE title's early history, from Bruno beating Rogers up to when Hogan beat Sheik for it. Would add a whole slew of legends to the mix who have almost never been in these games. Would also educate fans on how far back the company really goes and all the "top guys" who paved the way for this title to be as prestigious as it was, still is, and always will be.

Then it ends with Hogan winning the belt and a video package explaining how that man and this moment in time pretty much set the table that everyone is eating off of, to this day. Could even get fun side matches along the way that I'll mention later. As wrestling is in a boom period and there's almost too much great stuff to keep up with now for younger fans to go out of their way to watch old stuff like we did as kids, it couldn't be a main showcase...it would have to be like a side showcase or even DLC...but I'm never opposed to Legends if the models are near perfection.

Match list would look like so:

[Video package explaining history of the NWA territory split and Buddy Rogers becoming inaugural champion. Segue into arrival of Bruno Sammartino]

**= controlled by player

1. Buddy Rogers vs. Bruno Sammartino** (1963 Madison Square Garden) *match was short in actuality, but we can just play a normal match and hear about the Bear Hug/Backbreaker in the video afterward)

2. Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff** (1971 Madison Square Garden)

3. Ivan Koloff vs. Pedro Morales** (1971 Madison Square Garden)

4. Pedro Morales vs. Stan Stasiak** (1973 Philadelphia Arena)

5. Stan Stasiak vs. Bruno Sammartino** (1973 Madison Square Garden)

6. Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Billy Graham** (1977 Baltimore Civic Center)

Side Match: Superstar Billy Graham** vs Dusty Rhodes (1977 Madison Square Garden) *any of the matches*

7. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Bob Backlund** (1978 Madison Square Garden)

Side Match: Bob Backlund** vs. Harley Race (1978 Madison Square Garden)

8. Bob Backlund vs. Iron Sheik** (1983 Madison Square Garden)

9. Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan** (1984 Madison Square Garden) *bonus points if this version/attire of Hogan comes out to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger"*

Side Match: 80's Hogan vs. 60's Bruno

I think the documentary-style video package would really make this whole thing shine. It's another thing I wouldn't have mentioned until a January wishlist topic, but so many of these people aren't in the game, or haven't been in years. If it seems like something viable, then it's probably best to mention this as early as possible and see what the feeling is. If only for a year or 2, why not have ALL the early champions? I can play any other sports game and play as guys from 50's or 40's or maybe even before. I used to play as Jack Johnson a lot in Fight Night. And who doesn't like playing the really old teams in NBA 2K? If you want to, they're there. Anyway it's just an idea I thought could appease the older guard of the game's fanbase and educate younger ones. Weird that a number of those early champions have always been kind of scattered across this game franchise's history, but never all together on one game before. And as I stated in the beginning, now that Hogan is back, it also plays as a vehicle to remind people of how special and so very important he is/was to WWE history, without just redoing all the Hogan stuff of 2K14.

There was a conversation in the Discussion topic some time ago where someone was I guess complaining about legends getting any attention this year whatsoever. But it got me thinking and I had jotted this down, back whenever that was..

I love any and all legends we get in the game, but it's also a boom period for wrestling around the globe and this year's roster of current talent has some insane potential for what we might get. That being said, now that Hogan is back in the games, something that's never been done before [and could be cool for the future] would be a Showcase of the WWE title's early history, from Bruno beating Rogers up to when Hogan beat Sheik for it. Would add a whole slew of legends to the mix who have almost never been in these games. Would also educate fans on how far back the company really goes and all the "top guys" who paved the way for this title to be as prestigious as it was, still is, and always will be.

Then it ends with Hogan winning the belt and a video package explaining how that man and this moment in time pretty much set the table that everyone is eating off of, to this day. Could even get fun side matches along the way that I'll mention later. As wrestling is in a boom period and there's almost too much great stuff to keep up with now for younger fans to go out of their way to watch old stuff like we did as kids, it couldn't be a main showcase...it would have to be like a side showcase or even DLC...but I'm never opposed to Legends if the models are near perfection.

Match list would look like so:

[Video package explaining history of the NWA territory split and Buddy Rogers becoming inaugural champion. Segue into arrival of Bruno Sammartino]

**= controlled by player

1. Buddy Rogers vs. Bruno Sammartino** (1963 Madison Square Garden) *match was short in actuality, but we can just play a normal match and hear about the Bear Hug/Backbreaker in the video afterward)

2. Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff** (1971 Madison Square Garden)

3. Ivan Koloff vs. Pedro Morales** (1971 Madison Square Garden)

4. Pedro Morales vs. Stan Stasiak** (1973 Philadelphia Arena)

5. Stan Stasiak vs. Bruno Sammartino** (1973 Madison Square Garden)

6. Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Billy Graham** (1977 Baltimore Civic Center)

Side Match: Superstar Billy Graham** vs Dusty Rhodes (1977 Madison Square Garden) *any of the matches*

7. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Bob Backlund** (1978 Madison Square Garden)

Side Match: Bob Backlund** vs. Harley Race (1978 Madison Square Garden)

8. Bob Backlund vs. Iron Sheik** (1983 Madison Square Garden)

9. Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan** (1984 Madison Square Garden) *bonus points if this version/attire of Hogan comes out to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger"*

Side Match: 80's Hogan vs. 60's Bruno

I think the documentary-style video package would really make this whole thing shine. It's another thing I wouldn't have mentioned until a January wishlist topic, but so many of these people aren't in the game, or haven't been in years. If it seems like something viable, then it's probably best to mention this as early as possible and see what the feeling is. If only for a year or 2, why not have ALL the early champions? I can play any other sports game and play as guys from 50's or 40's or maybe even before. I used to play as Jack Johnson a lot in Fight Night. And who doesn't like playing the really old teams in NBA 2K? If you want to, they're there. Anyway it's just an idea I thought could appease the older guard of the game's fanbase and educate younger ones. Weird that a number of those early champions have always been kind of scattered across this game franchise's history, but never all together on one game before. And as I stated in the beginning, now that Hogan is back, it also plays as a vehicle to remind people of how special and so very important he is/was to WWE history, without just redoing all the Hogan stuff of 2K14.

Yeah 50/50 wouldn't say wrestling is in a boom period though. Was a lot harder back in the day to get shows in forgein country's. If anything legends in games is what reachs a bigger fan base of people buying games of impulse to relive their childhoods. If was all modern day I don't think will sell as well as people think.

That's a great idea for a Showcase. We could get a ton of legends that way.

I think the recent games have given a fair amount to modern day fans and legends. Personally, I like to keep things current, but I love having the Legends appear every now and then.

Can we PLEASE stop giving moves insufficient pinning animations? I don't mean not enough pin combos (but thats a problem too), i'm talking about moves with pin combos that for some *censored*ing reason only have a kick out animation or only have a pin animation, so that even when you get a significent pin animation it plays a kick out animation after.

Seth Rollins old Skywalker Shiranui has this issue for instance.

And while i'm on that tangent, stop giving finisher caliber moves with pin combos "struggling to kick out" animations. I don't use the Tyler Driver 97 because of that for instance.

Can we PLEASE stop giving moves insufficient pinning animations? I don't mean not enough pin combos (but thats a problem too), i'm talking about moves with pin combos that for some *censored*ing reason only have a kick out animation or only have a pin animation, so that even when you get a significent pin animation it plays a kick out animation after.

Seth Rollins old Skywalker Shiranui has this issue for instance.

And while i'm on that tangent, stop giving finisher caliber moves with pin combos "struggling to kick out" animations. I don't use the Tyler Driver 97 because of that for instance.

I 100% agree with this. I would also add something that bothers me about the Backslide Driver: the kickout is a tad over dramatic. It like the over reaction to Chuck Taylor's Grenade.

I'd love to see a decent collection of classic arenas. Wrestlemania 3 or 6, Summerslam 89, King of the Ring 93 & Starrcade 90, Bash at the Beach 94, to name a few.

I also hope to see Ravishing Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect in the game again this year. Better yet, it'd be nice to see Junkyard Dog again. Getting tired of making him every year.

Plus I'd like a Ultimate Warriors Wrestlemania 6 attire and Randy Savage star trunks and a 80's Hogan attire.

i wish you could choose NONE...for a lot more situations

So i can make it so a person has no rear grapples. No dives from the middle turnbuckle. No Submission holds.

because there are a number of ppl on the roster that just dont do these things

So i can make it so a person has no rear grapples. No dives from the middle turnbuckle. No Submission holds.

Agreed. It makes movesets a irritating process. Especially if it's someone like Kacy Catanzaro, who doesn't really do a whole lot.

Agreed, I ended up having to make a move-set with super basic moves to copy & paste on any wrestler who doesn't actually have any moves for said situation. An since I use a lot of classic superstars it turns out to be a lot. I don't see any issue with having nothing in that slot instead.

yep. Or being able to put strikes in grapples section. With strike heavy people, their grapples could literally be filled with all strikes, as well as people like ZSJ

Archived