WWE 2k20 Wishlist?

baken1942

forgot if I mentioned this, but why is the opponent AI always intent on reversing a certain move or two so many times in a row? Because I'm stubborn though, I refuse to use any other move until that one hits successfully, and then it turns into a reversal fest unless the game refuses to let me reverse even when I timed it right or I use another move.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forgot if I mentioned this, but why is the opponent AI always intent on reversing a certain move or two so many times in a row? Because I'm stubborn though, I refuse to use any other move until that one hits successfully, and then it turns into a reversal fest unless the game refuses to let me reverse even when I timed it right or I use another move.

Poor AI combined with the game having to button read.

I want advanced champion and tag entrances.

Not needing a move to be an IMG to break the table

Switch to manager the same way we switch to a tag partner during matches

Inter gender matches

Option to have the champion enter first

When downloading In game caws the ability to set it to an alternate attire right then and there rather than going in to edit.

Upload our own create a show nameplates, backgrounds, etc

Option in play now to go to pause and have a mitb winner cash in during the match or after

Poor AI combined with the game having to button read.

That's annoying, even more so when they can still reverse despite an OMG! moment or a devastating finisher like a piledriver on top of the table or an RKO.

Recent thing I noticed. Not enough slots for submission holds and limb target moves. For submissions I'd like to see a return to front and rear submission holds, possibly with two slots for each. For ground submissions, also two slots. For limb target moves, it's just so you can have moves in the proper spot. For example, putting "Shoulder armbreaker" in normal moves and not limb target cause there's no space. When clearly you want to do the move because you're targeting the arm.

You know what would be hella dope to see? I would love to see them allow videos or gifs to be uploaded to CC. Like if you wanted to make up to date titantrons or minitrons, that would be awesome as hell to see.

Barely functions with just static pictures. I'd love to see it too but they better have someone who knows how to maintain that stuff on it first. :lol:

You know what would be hella dope to see? I would love to see them allow videos or gifs to be uploaded to CC. Like if you wanted to make up to date titantrons or minitrons, that would be awesome as hell to see.

I could see uploading them to CC being a problem due to copy-written material, but doing something like uploading themes or videos into the game like the photo editor should be implemented.

I want the shoulder buttons to do something on the main menu. Let me tab over to next/previous page with the LB/RB buttons.

Get rid of that thanos snap disintegrate effect when ur selecting ur wrestler. I hate it. When ur scrolling its just a mess of blurry faces.

filter the roster. Let me just pick from SmackDown Roster/RAW Roster/Legends etc. Especially for Universe. Like Hey. Im playing a SmackDown Universe. Let me just see the smackdown roster without having to scroll Jason Jordan and Jake the snake etc.

Bring back all the strikes to a Stunned against Ropes opponent. We had a ton. Now we have like 5.

Bring back standing grapples working as irish whip rebound grapples. Maybe it was a glitch or bug or something in the old game that one year. But it was great.

1) Intergender matches. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this single feature would convince me to preorder.

2) GM mode. I've literally been playing SVR '06 - '08 all week in between Days Gone and DBD on ps4 because of this mode.

3) Roster. As up to date as possible. Last year's was fantastic, with only 4 or 5 unexpected omissions, we're finally pretty much where we should be. Any Legends on top are a bonus (get Raven in there #nevergonnahappen)

4) My Career. Last year was a huge improvement. Keep going in that direction w/branching storylines to give some replayability (is that a word? XD)

5) More CAW slots. 100 would be enough for me but with created Attires for the in-game talent more would be really helpful.

6) Universe mode. So this to me is where the most potential lies in these games. Firstly I'd do away with having promo slots, match slots etc... And just have "segments". Have up to 20 of them per regular show (more for PPV) and you can choose what goes there be it a match, promo, cut-scene or interview. So if you wanted you could do 20 matches or you could create a show with just cutscenes.

Adding more cutscenes and backstage interviews would really help with the modes immersion outside of actual matches and the promo feature needs work.

Then give us the level of control we want in the mode. So if you wanted you could just let everything unfold organically and not change anything. But you could also just edit it so that a few extra promos or cutscenes were being used. Could be as specific as choosing the cutscene to be played in a cutscene segment or, if you wanted a little bit of a suprise you could select the type of cutscene but not know what exactly will happen.

There's so many things you could do with universe mode. One idea I've had that I think would be great is if I could select any match and make it a rivalry match. Then the game would check who's in the match which would register different optional outcomes. For example, say I've got Kane and Balor in a rivalry and I choose to make a match between Tyler Breeze and AJ Styles. Now Styles and Balor are set to allies in this example so when setting this as a rivalry match it could then list some options. So 1) new rivalry between Breeze & Styles 2) existing rivalry Balor & Kane and so on if there were more rivalries that somehow intertwined with breeze & styles. You pick #1 and boom, something happens to create a rivalry between styles & breeze. You pick #2 and somehow the Balor vs Kane rivalry gets involved. Maybe Balor ends up accompanying Styles to the ring and Kane attacks Balor mid match. Maybe Kane comes down after the match to attack styles and Balor makes the save. After the match Balor comes out to cut a promo on the ramp and is blindsided by Kane before being chased off by Styles and/or Breeze. Maybe Kane attacks both Styles & Breeze before the match starts and Balor runs in and you can play the skirmish that becomes a tag match with an uneasy alliance of Kane & Breeze which could develop into its own feud.

It's by far the mode with the most potential and really want them to capitalise on it.

7) Create a promo. Just be able to write promos for the promo feature (& download from CC)

8) Entrances - advanced Tag Team entrances please. It'd be nice to do the tag members individually as well. And no locking entrances away like the miz & maryse entrance.

9) custom music. Which I don't expect tbh. But in its absence I'd at least like some more generic music that I could use for CAWs and created shows.

10) NPC's - can we get the real life refs in the game? And let me pick which ref for my match. To expand a little I'd love to be able to choose which commentary team I had to have on as well.

11) Managers. Do anything to them at this point. Give them OMG spots. Add things like putting a foot on the ropes or after a heel managers interference the face manager might go and attack or scare off the heel manager dependant on the manager. Also, the models are in the game so make them playable as wrestlers... It is a video game after all.

Think I'll stop here on what I want. Added a lot of things I want to see already and this is a long post. Apologies for any spelling & grammar errors, doing this on my phone.

Edit - about the celebrity stuff a page or so ago. It's a game, I have no issue with them doing it but I don't think a celebrity would sell too many copies and I'm sure they'd charge a pretty penny for their likeness.

Anecdotal but I just think to how many of my friends like Terminator (most) and then how many bought the game when he was a preorder bonus (hint 1 - and he didn't preorder the game to get Arnie anyway).

As far as specific celebrities I'd use someone like Connor McGregor as I reckon there's a crossover of people who'd be influenced to purchase based on his presence. I can kinda understand mentioning Eminem because of how famous he is but I can't see people buying a wrestling game to play as a rapper. I straight up have no idea who Cardi B is so no idea if he/she is famous enough and would sell. Though admittedly I am a bit out of the loop with pop culture.

Instead of Sting '99, we need a Sting based on Souled Out '98. It would be the perfect "Crow Sting".

Yeah i'm so sick of Sting 99 with the short hair, we've yet to get the definitive Crow Sting from WCW with the long hair, and yeah the attire with the scorpion across his chest going down his leg is his best attire. I don't get why we have to get his look from 99, it was by far his weakest look, the long haired 97-98 Crow Sting is what everyone thinks of when they think of Sting.

I don't know why we got the Wolf Pac Sting with the weird goatee before we got a proper Crow Sting, when he only wore the Wolf Pac look for a very short stint.

I dislike that there's only one animation for climbing the top turnbuckle. Especially for moonsault dives. There should be one that has the model climb up there and remains backwards to go for that moonsault,

I dislike that there's only one animation for climbing the top turnbuckle. Especially for moonsault dives. There should be one that has the model climb up there and remains backwards to go for that moonsault,

i dislike that there's only one animation for a Stomp.

when past WWE games had unique ones for Stone Cold/Angle/Undertaker/Rock

Hold the r1 modifier when running to the turnbuckle to go to the top rope.

i dislike that there's only one animation for a Stomp.

when past WWE games had unique ones for Stone Cold/Angle/Undertaker/Rock

Same here. Theres tons of little things that made the N64 games stand out even compared to todays.

Edit - about the celebrity stuff a page or so ago. It's a game, I have no issue with them doing it but I don't think a celebrity would sell too many copies and I'm sure they'd charge a pretty penny for their likeness.

Anecdotal but I just think to how many of my friends like Terminator (most) and then how many bought the game when he was a preorder bonus (hint 1 - and he didn't preorder the game to get Arnie anyway).

As far as specific celebrities I'd use someone like Connor McGregor as I reckon there's a crossover of people who'd be influenced to purchase based on his presence. I can kinda understand mentioning Eminem because of how famous he is but I can't see people buying a wrestling game to play as a rapper. I straight up have no idea who Cardi B is so no idea if he/she is famous enough and would sell. Though admittedly I am a bit out of the loop with pop culture.

Bit of a long read, hence the spoiler so as not to be an immediate eyesore.

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. I can just get really out of the box sometimes with ideas of how to add completely fresh elements to the latest game, and that came up. I go into those types of posts already knowing someone is probably gonna fight me on it a little because it's such a different kind of thought to have.... so it's then up to me to state my case on why I ever had the thought to begin with. I agree that paying for his likeness (and doubtfully but potential his tattoo work) could be a bitch. I just looked at everything that's been made somewhat public so far. Cover star, preorders, big names to the roster that aren't returning, etc. Still no idea on what the Special Edition DLC is looking like....that could be fire as well. These are all things wrestling fans will hugely appreciate. Hogan may be a bit polarizing but more people want Hogan in their game than not, and Chyna is gonna be epic because it's been so many years. I absolutely wanted them in the game; I just didn't think they'd go the preorder route...but I mean, it's a solid move. I'm 31 so I care, but what about a 21 year old?...What about an 11 year old?....

Especially in the case of Cardi, if any of these match rumors come to fruition anytime this year...I can definitely see a spike in interest if she were in the game, particularly young kids telling their parents to buy them the game because Cardi is in it. Kids who have probably never actually owned a WWE game and weren't gonna buy this one either, because of NBA 2K and God knows how many other great games are on the market right now. I don't know if Cardi is at her peak, but it sure seems like it.

If you wanna talk about reach, Ronda Rousey is one of the most famous people WWE has had on their roster ever as an active competitor besides The Rock. Ronda Rousey has 3.7 million Twitter followers and 12.4 on IG. Nobody else on the WWE roster is touching that. The Rock is probably the most famous person involved with WWE....13.5 million followers on Twitter...147 million followers on IG which is effing crazy. Eminem 22.5 million followers on Twitter and 25.8 mil on IG, so the publicity is gonna be great just from him mentioning his involvement in the game, but it would turn more heads if they got a screenshot of an official model of him. My opinion. Doesn't have to mean anything. Cardi B: 6.1 million on Twitter and 46 million on IG. With the rappers, one must take into account how many of that following doesn't follow WWE games in any way. Suddenly they see a Cardi model and outlets like TMZ are covering the way she got into a pull-apart with Carmella or some shit. People would go apeshit. Again, my opinion/vision. Cost-wise, Cardi is at a place in her career right now where I'd imagine she charges upwards of a mil just to contribute a guest feature verse on someone's song, so I can only imagine the nightmarish figure she'd ask for to, one, be involved with the game, and two, get in royalties. Like imagine trying to get Ronda as the preorder back when she appeared at Mania for the first time with The Rock. I think that would've done a HUGE number. I mean they are two completely different kinds of celebrity, but Cardi is at a prime in her career now like Ronda was in her career then, which she was a household name and seemingly untouchable.

That's all. That's me saying my piece on the whole thing. It's not that it's a priority....it would just be a fun surprise and I think the risk would pay off. Or we can keep playing conservative ball and hope Hulk and Chyna are what it takes to get those huge first week numbers from the first few years of 2K games and reverse the sort of downward trend. They certainly have the potential to, but I thought Ronda and Rey were gonna make a KILLING. I wonder what the total sales are currently. Anyway it was just an idea..... not my hill to die on or anything...I've pretty much wiped my hands of it from here on out, like so...

kogan.gif

Yeah, I read something about that. I was gonna make a joke the first time I mentioned her that if she had any shot of being in the game next year, all she had to do was stay out of trouble for just one year. I would be surprised if she didn't come out of it fine. It was such a random thing for her to open up about being a fan. Given how massive she is right now, it had to feel like a gift from the heavens to the WWE offices, even if she hasnt watched in years.

Archived