WWE 2k20 Wishlist?

baken1942

The team from Fire Pro made it work even if it's a limit on the songs and a 5 mb cap. So I honestly can imagine anymore reasons as why not.

• Fire Pro and MLB are both at least somewhat exclusive to Sony and thus likely have access to more direct Sony resources.
  • Fire Pro is not running on an incredibly messy and broken old engine
  • Fire Pro isn't on a yearly release schedule while dealing with two companies on a constant language barrier. They likely have more time to figure stuff like that out whereas from what i understand, the moment the DLC for the 2K games is done, they're working on the next one.
Those are the ones I can think of at least but hopefully it opens doors all the same.
They get paid to create a game. So they need to figure it out. Your consumers want something, make it work or find a way.

While I agree, it's really not that simple.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team from Fire Pro made it work even if it's a limit on the songs and a 5 mb cap. So I honestly can imagine anymore reasons as why not.

• Fire Pro and MLB are both at least somewhat exclusive to Sony and thus likely have access to more direct Sony resources.
  • Fire Pro isn't on a yearly release schedule while dealing with two companies on a constant language barrier. They likely have more time to figure stuff like that out whereas from what i understand, the moment the DLC for the 2K games is done, they're working on the next one.
Those are the ones I can think of at least but hopefully it opens doors all the same.
They get paid to create a game. So they need to figure it out. Your consumers want something, make it work or find a way.
I can't speak on the simplicity because I'm not a game designer and etc. But something tells me it can in fact be done.

It might, but the time table this franchise has for development and the fact that there clearly is a problem with getting a custom soundtrack on games that are released on both major consoles, it doesn't seem like custom soundtrack can be done under the current circumstances.

Sure seems like we are getting a women's showcase this year. Renee on her IG posted an image on her story of a script she was using to record dialogue for the Natalya/Charlotte Flair NXT match. Also would imagine this means we are getting Renee as a commentator this year.

So far, it looks like we are potentially getting:

Pre-Order: Hulk Hogan
Collector Edition: Kurt Angle
Showcase: Women's Evolution

I can't speak on the simplicity because I'm not a game designer and etc. But something tells me it can in fact be done.

He said it's not simple, not that it can't be done. Few people have said how one of the problems with sports video games is that they usually have a contract where they have to release a game a year, which likely means not enough time fixing things, introducing new stuff, and whatnot.

Sure it can. Its also theoretically possible to make a game where every single person on earth is a selectable playable character. That does not mean its feasible. Fire Pro is most certainly not tied down in the ways 2K is when it comes to contracts, that's for certain. If it were simple, Fire Pro would've had custom themes the moment it came out on console, but it didn't because figuring that stuff out takes time and resources and while 2K has resources, they absolutely do not have much in the way of time.

Anyway, another wishlisty thing. STOP locking moves off for no reason. Jerichos new finisher is more or less in the game in 2K19, but you can't select it as a finisher because.... blleehh? There's no reason. ALL moves should be selectable as finishers. Hell, let us use a taunt as a finisher if we please.

Online GM or Online Universe - Yeah GM mode would be cool and all, but excluding an online version would be a missed opportunity. In theory, have up to like 4 or 6 users creating their own show, drafting rosters, booking it, trading wrestlers and whatnot. Goal could be like OG GM mode and strive for higher ratings, or it could tie into the star-rating system.

If no GM mode, just implement these ideas into Universe. I'm dying to book shows with or against my online buddies, but apparently I need to have freakin' NASA's internet to make PS4 shareplay work.

Story Designer - Self explanatory, but also I really miss newlegacyinc storytime .

Significant additions to create-an-arena - More venues, stage parts, etc.. Fixing the bug that causes trons to flicker during caw entrances would be great.

Good netcode - Jesus christ this series has the worst input delay, no other fighting game comes close.

Spotify integration would be a very corporate and very WWE move to make. I'm not the one that can answer how the money is distributed in this situation, though. What does WWE/2K need to pay Spotify to use their service? Can a deal be made where some ads throughout the game (and forcing people to buy Premium to use more than like 5 songs) makes the deal much more lucrative [and cost effective at the same time] than paying the rights for a game soundtrack? If so, can we have different radio stations ala Grand Theft Auto? Maybe it can't even be done as simply as we think because they need to clean up certain songs in ways that even exceed the regular "clean version". For example, in the Eminem song "Survival" for 2k19, he couldn't even say "wiping my butt" without it being muted. We kind of know what the soundtrack will be like for 2K20, but I'm curious to see if they actually do hook up with a streaming service and/or how much freedom we'll actually have. Possibilities seem endless. Mind would be blown if they hooked it up this year. Seems like alot is going on.

ps- I already have a pretty good list going for 2K21. lol. Probably my last list, but yeah...can't wait to see if there's anything I can scratch off.

MyCAREER was better, but I would love more choices, and for those choices to actually have impact instead of just making us think we're influencing how the story branches out.

Yeah that's a lot easier said than done especially when you have to get a whole nother company to cooperate

MyCAREER was better, but I would love more choices, and for those choices to actually have impact instead of just making us think we're influencing how the story branches out.

I like to make some kind of combination between raw and here comes the pain that when it come to the story

One small detail. I love blood, but it is WAY to easy to bust someone open in every match. I would like it if they would make it a bit more of an effort to do so, or give us the ability to disable and enable blood mid-match.

Online GM or Online Universe - Yeah GM mode would be cool and all, but excluding an online version would be a missed opportunity. In theory, have up to like 4 or 6 users creating their own show, drafting rosters, booking it, trading wrestlers and whatnot. Goal could be like OG GM mode and strive for higher ratings, or it could tie into the star-rating system.

If no GM mode, just implement these ideas into Universe. I'm dying to book shows with or against my online buddies, but apparently I need to have freakin' NASA's internet to make PS4 shareplay work.

Story Designer - Self explanatory, but also I really miss newlegacyinc storytime .

Significant additions to create-an-arena - More venues, stage parts, etc.. Fixing the bug that causes trons to flicker during caw entrances would be great.

Good netcode - Jesus christ this series has the worst input delay, no other fighting game comes close.

Yes!!! Online GM/Universe is a must. Im surprised its not in yet. Me and my cousin tried to do a shareplay one but as you stated its buggy and never connects.

He said it's not simple, not that it can't be done. Few people have said how one of the problems with sports video games is that they usually have a contract where they have to release a game a year, which likely means not enough time fixing things, introducing new stuff, and whatnot.
Bye.

Sure it can. Its also theoretically possible to make a game where every single person on earth is a selectable playable character. That does not mean its feasible. Fire Pro is most certainly not tied down in the ways 2K is when it comes to contracts, that's for certain. If it were simple, Fire Pro would've had custom themes the moment it came out on console, but it didn't because figuring that stuff out takes time and resources and while 2K has resources, they absolutely do not have much in the way of time.

Anyway, another wishlisty thing. STOP locking moves off for no reason. Jerichos new finisher is more or less in the game in 2K19, but you can't select it as a finisher because.... blleehh? There's no reason. ALL moves should be selectable as finishers. Hell, let us use a taunt as a finisher if we please.

Fair points.

Unnecessary and dumb reply....

Anyway, I do agree that they need to fix blood. Feels way too weird for a simple punch or suplex facebuster to cause bleeding just because the move targets the head, especially when few shots to the head with a chair won't do it.

Also would love if MyCAREER loot boxes thingie allowed us to open more than one pack or so in one go. I hate having to open each pack individually when I can do ten or so at once.

I'd like a revamp of the weight restriction. A lot of times now, you have a smaller wrestler pick up a bigger wrestler at least once. Maybe it could be an ability? Or have it be where a quick grapple takes the normal amount of stamina, but a strong grapple drains it more? Or uses a reversal slot? And maybe how much it drains or takes could depend on how many weight classes are between the two wrestlers. I don't know, but I would like a middle ground between "Anyone can pick up anyone" and "Small bois only do DDTs and Neckbreakers"

Oh yeah thought of another one

Rumbles & Elimination Chamber matches for all arenas. You know, maybe I create a sick ass New Year's Revolution or Royal Rumble arena, I'd like to have those match types available because I'm on PS4 so I can't mod the game.

Allow us to create an 8-man Elimination Chamber match.

And not make opponents pin after submission finisher or lose after submission finisher. I don't get how a Yes! lock or figure-four leg lock somehow gets someone to stay down for three count.

Oh yeah thought of another one

Rumbles & Elimination Chamber matches for all arenas. You know, maybe I create a sick ass New Year's Revolution or Royal Rumble arena, I'd like to have those match types available because I'm on PS4 so I can't mod the game.

Yeah that is years overdue!

After all these years of create an arena being in the games, it's disgraceful that we still have to ask, year after year for all matches to be playable in all arenas in the game!!

Something i've asked for repeatedly over the years, but any diving move that has a taunt at the start looks really awkward because of the default "stand up to jump" animation, so like with Bayley and using Macho Mans elbow, she'll stand up to jump, then suddenly be crouching again to stand up slowly with the fingers in the air before leaping. Its incredibly awkward and immersion killing. Same with the MX, Fin Balors stomp (which is odd since that one didn't have that issue in the past), Eddie Guererros old frog splash,etc.

I'd really like to see them fix that issue, because it makes me not want to use those moves.

#1 wish. An AI that doesn't immediately walk towards me at the beginning of a match or immediately follow me when i leave the ring.

Yes. Sometimes im ready to get to fighting right away. But sometimes i want to circle my opponent before we lock up. Maybe i want to taunt. Maybe i want to roll out the ring and pace back and forth real quick till i return.

I want separate commentary teams back. I want real refs back. I want all the ladder stuff back (placing ladder where i please etc.). I want the toss off the cell roof back.

I want it so when I tag, the other person doesn't immediately climb thru ropes into ring. Maybe i want to tag Rollins in...but he stays on Apron and does his springboard lariat to get into ring. Can't do this right now.

I want dragging before you do a ground move replaced with ground moves near the ropes (hold onto a rope as you stomp...or do slingshot knee drop or whatever).

I want an Announce Table Powerbomb.

I would like the AI to quit button reading and walking back and forth to avoid lock-up at the start of the match. Not only is it frustrating, it looks stupid and breaks immersion immediately.

Archived