Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK will be able to watch live on FITE.

Oh joy. We can pay for yet another subscription to get what everyone else is getting for free. :shift: Screw AEW.

What are they supposed to do? Threaten a UK TV channel to put their show on air?

It's nothing to do with AEW. ITV lost confidence and chose to put it on Sunday instead, so what are AEW supposed to do? Like Legion said, threaten a TV corporation? They have no other options for British people to watch.

How about not putting your foot in your mouth and claiming you have a better deal than WWE before you actually have everything planned out? AEW needs to get their shit together.

When did they claim that?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-khan-confirms-aew-uk-tv-deal-itv-aew-will-come-uk/

Tried to find a video of that show, but could only get a few minute preview.

https://twitter.com/TangoWithAngo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-21010483623411541261.ampproject.net%2F1909181902540%2Fframe.html

Found this. What morons.

How about not putting your foot in your mouth and claiming you have a better deal than WWE before you actually have everything planned out? AEW needs to get their shit together.

Sounds like you do tbh. You're putting down people for living their dream and building something significant and bitching about stuff, without actually understanding what is going on and how things work.

Grow up.

Sounds like you do tbh. You're putting down people for living their dream and building something significant and bitching about stuff, without actually understanding what is going on and how things work.

Grow up.

Really? Are you that much of an AEW shill that you can't admit they have at the very least been putting their feet in their mouths several times over the past few months? I don't need to be a chef to know if your food makes me ill, I don't need to be able to drive a bus to know if you have crashed into anything and I don't need to run a wrestling company to know that you need to get your house in order before you throw shots. AEW are not perfect, no one is. Deal with it.

I forget where I said AEW are perfect? Can anyone enlighten me? Because I'm pretty sure all I said was that your incessant bitching over something you clearly don't understand the workings of was immature. These guys are IN THE PROCESS of building an international company, putting feet in mouths and slipping up is to be expected, and do not warrant them needing to get their shit together.

I think you're the one that needs to deal with it, given you don't sound like you have a clue what you're talking about. Legion's reply to you is evidence of that. Call me a shill if you want, it's not exactly relevant.

You seem very quick to find excuses to justify their screw ups, that's for sure, like how you acted as if ITV are the only channel in the entire United Kingdom. Look, just because they are IN THE PROCESS of building a show does not make them fully immune to criticism. Getting into needless Twitter fights with trolls, bringing your dog out onto a live stage, and several other incidents are not what you need to happen, especially if you hope to challenge the biggest dog in the fight. Don't believe me? Remember when TNA tried to take on RAW back in like 2010, how'd that work out for them? Keep in mind that TNA already had an established history with established belts (something AEW does not have) plus a much deeper roster at the time. You are right I don't know everything, but as I said earlier, I bet you haven't spent much time driving busses, so don't complain if the driver decides to be an idiot and crash when you are on board. Look, I'm not trying to be overly negative, but their entire show and attitudes are coming across as far more bush-league than anything close to WWE, and if you want to survive, that isn't good enough.

I'm not actually that angry, just more annoyed than anything else. It just bugs me that they hyped it up only to put their foot in their mouth again. The only thing that really got to me was the whole "you don't know so don't complain" defence. Personally that always comes across as elitist and ignorant, no matter the context. I know that there are other ways, don't get me wrong, but for now I'm just not a fan.

UK will be able to watch live on FITE.

I don't have the means to pay for FITE.

Plus a lot of people when they heard the AEW weekly shown would be on ITV 4 expect that to mean it'll be on ITV4 live, like it'll be live on TV for viewers in the US and Canada! AEW fans in the UK and Ireland are getting screwed!

Wanting us to wait till Sunday, get up at 8AM to watch it, that won't do, plus the program being on that early means it'd probably be edited so the show is suitable for children!!

No one will get up at 8AM to watch the show on ITV 4 when they can watch it online through third party sites if they have to when it airs live in the US and Canada.

I'm still very excited about the premiere of AEW...and excited that AEW exists in general...

But, I'm in 100% agreement that they have made some terrible choices in the way they've talked trash about the WWE model, and then carried on doing a lot of what looks like an extremely watered-down, "WWE-lite" approach to many facets of the product.

Good Luck AEW - wwe needs competition..

Here's hoping they Draw more than theire hardcore followers of 300 000 (and that number is rapidly declining..)

Again, AEW good Luck puting pen to paper to give us a good Product..

Good knows they got a mountain to Climb, but since theire only competion consists of Dark match wrestlers that draws over 1 million Viewers - I'm sure they got this under control

You seem very quick to find excuses to justify their screw ups, that's for sure, like how you acted as if ITV are the only channel in the entire United Kingdom. Look, just because they are IN THE PROCESS of building a show does not make them fully immune to criticism. Getting into needless Twitter fights with trolls, bringing your dog out onto a live stage, and several other incidents are not what you need to happen, especially if you hope to challenge the biggest dog in the fight. Don't believe me? Remember when TNA tried to take on RAW back in like 2010, how'd that work out for them? Keep in mind that TNA already had an established history with established belts (something AEW does not have) plus a much deeper roster at the time. You are right I don't know everything, but as I said earlier, I bet you haven't spent much time driving busses, so don't complain if the driver decides to be an idiot and crash when you are on board. Look, I'm not trying to be overly negative, but their entire show and attitudes are coming across as far more bush-league than anything close to WWE, and if you want to survive, that isn't good enough.

I fail to see why on earth that is a bad thing. I've been nothing but entertained by AEW so far and am very excited to see them. Why is having the benefit of the doubt a bad *censored*ing thing? I also fail to see where I gave any excuses...

In regards to AEW, ITV are the only channel in the UK. Because they are the network they have LEGAL contracts and dealings with. This is exaclty what me and Legion were talking about. AEW can't just up and leave, these are corporate legalities we're talking about here, and they can't just threaten them. For some reason you aren't getting that. They are completely at the contractual mercy of ITV and can only negotiate with them...they will be sued to high heaven if they just up and leave like you seem to think they can. This is exactly what I meant by you not understanding the workings of it. "ITV aren't the only channel in the country hurdur". It's a bit late for that aint it?

I never once said they are immune to criticism, but the extent of your "criticism" was GET UR SHIT TOGETHER!!!! Which is in fact what they are doing. If you're not trying to be overly negative, then don't be, it's not hard. Just sit back, enjoy and stop overthinking it.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived