Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name is fine. Promotional material is...meh. I could do without the colorful powder. Would prefer something that looks gritty...not something that looks like an EDM festival.

They could have put out a poster with Cody smoking a cigar, Kenny pointing a finger gun, Hangman holding a noose, Mox breaking prison shackles...all while Jericho is front and center, lighting a stick of dynamite with a big grin...thrown in a catchy tagline along the lines of "the outlaws are back"...etc.

Instead...the colorful presentation comes off as overwhelmingly generic.

It's just an aesthetic that is used for too many things. The fact that it was also used for Rage 2 kinda speaks more to that point. There's no real "identity" there. You should have a more definitive identity if you're rolling out a brand new wrestling promotion. The posters don't look "bad" by any means...they're pleasing to the eye. But they don't give you a lick of information about the company. It could just as easily have the Impact roster on it and look exactly the same.

i hope they turn the theme music up during entrances. i watched TNA damn near since the beginning and can maybe only identify like 6 or 7 themes (AJ, Angle, Joe, Christian, Machismo Lethal, Abyss, and idk Team Canada?) and i dont want that happening here.

right now the only themes i know are Jericho, Cody, the Bucks, and maybe MJF, and i guess the Lucha Bros. turn that shit up.

Best Friends is the most recognizable theme in AEW.

Followed by Hangman Page

if you gave me three songs and told me to tell you which one was Best Friends theme, i couldnt even give you a good guess. same goes for Hangman. i love hearing pops as soon as music hits instead of after the persons name comes up on the titantron, unless its a debut.

Im not blaming anyone, I was just making an observation. Even people who have attended the shows have made the same observation. Its a general consensus.

Themes being quiet and not paying 100% attention, 100% of the time are not mutually exclusive. Both things can be true, and they are in this case.

As for their themes being memorable, most of them arent. But they have only had 4 shows.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived