Guest Fight Me.

Librarians are pretty lame. Sonny Kiss's entrance was awesome. Is Sonny trans? Or just a flamboyant gimmick? They're pretty solid regardless.

Think Sonny Kiss is just gay, but they do have a trans wrestler with Nyla Rose. Pretty cool.

That's who I was thinking of! I knew someone on their roster was transgender, couldn't remember who. Yeah I'm fully in support, just wasn't sure who it was.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Nyla Rose. Don't really care that she's a dude, because I find her entertaining.

Sonny Kiss...eh...not my cup of tea. I think it has to do with the flashiness of him. I've always been annoyed by over-the-top gay people for some reason. I'm certainly not homophobic...but the ones who are "loud and proud" have always got on my nerves. I think it's just overly sexual people in general, tbh. Even hetero people annoy the shit out of me when they share too much about their sex lives.

I think I like Nyla because she's just there. Unapologetic about who she is, but not going to any extra lengths to say "I'm a trans". I honestly didn't even catch that she was trans on Double or Nothing. It wasn't until later that I realized she was. Looking back, it's kind of obvious, but she didn't put your face in it...so I didn't even notice. I just watched that match like there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Which is how things should be, IMO.

Ultimately, AEW was always going to fail in their mission to bring diversity to pro wrestling...and that is the exact reason why.

Because, people are shitty...and they don't want it. You can do everything in your power to employ wrestlers of that lifestyle, and empower fans of that lifestyle...but you aren't going to change the thinking of the majority of fans. And you're always going to have a toxic fanbase for that reason. There's no such thing as an "AEW exclusive fanbase"...it's all just wrestling fans. And a lot of wrestling fans are self-important, highly opinionated garbage people.

^ I dont get Angelicos attire. Its not very flattering.

Does Sonny Kiss view his gimmick as progressive and above the feminine male-wrestler stereotype that essentially preys on males' fear of gays? Just curious. While I dont recall anything in the Fight for the Fallen match, the spot with Tommy Dreamer at DoN was pretty much that old stereotype in action I feel.

It was that old stereotype, but it was that old stereotype that Sonny was owning. There is a difference between someone booking that to humiliate him and laugh at him because you don't know any better, and Sonny doing it to own that stereotype and make it his.

Did they ever announce HOW we could donate during the show ? I can't remember...

Think it was just ticket sales from people attending and perhaps merch sales there.

I heard Aron Rex/Damien Sandow is making a return to wrestling. With his history with Cody, I wonder if he would make an appearance in AEW.

I'd be fine with him as a manager, but not interested in seeing him wrestle.

I agree. As a manager, he's great, but he's a bit underwhelming in the ring.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived