Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just found out that Luchasaurus was in NXT as Judas Devlin years and years ago. I specifically remember someone on this forum having the biggest obsession with him back then, even though he only appeared like twice as a jobber.

Yeah that was me. It was more of a joke than anything, but I just thought he had a cool look.

Cornette bothers me cause he does seem to shit on anything that's not just straight wrestling and claims its going to kill the business when alot of the shit he complains about is churning out money. One of my favorite wrestling show i ever attended was the GCW Orange Cassidy show and it was full of nothing but total nonsense but i will never ever forget that show because i had a incredible time but at the same time iknow that show would have actually murdered Cornette. It had a dodgeball fight, Queen of the Swamp battle royal, 1 minute time limit match, best 7 out of 13 falls match, teddy hart reading a children book to the crowd. He needs to learn different shit works with different crowds these days.

Shit like this

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/999267061271531521

Is why I can't stand cornette.

-----------------------

I haven't had the chance to see Fyter Fest yet because the idea of sitting in one place to watch a wrestling show in this heat is enough to make me want to vomit, but I do intend to catch it this weekend when its supposed to cool down some.

Cornette bothers me cause he does seem to shit on anything that's not just straight wrestling and claims its going to kill the business when alot of the shit he complains about is churning out money. One of my favorite wrestling show i ever attended was the GCW Orange Cassidy show and it was full of nothing but total nonsense but i will never ever forget that show because i had a incredible time but at the same time iknow that show would have actually murdered Cornette. It had a dodgeball fight, Queen of the Swamp battle royal, 1 minute time limit match, best 7 out of 13 falls match, teddy hart reading a children book to the crowd. He needs to learn different shit works with different crowds these days.

Shit like this

-----------------------

I haven't had the chance to see Fyter Fest yet because the idea of sitting in one place to watch a wrestling show in this heat is enough to make me want to vomit, but I do intend to catch it this weekend when its supposed to cool down some.

Well he is fighting a blowup doll and allowing it to hit him with the canadian destroyer. Alot of people know the opponent does most of the work in that move. But showing it like that kinda kills the move for people who are fans of the move.

Shit like this

-----------------------

Well he is fighting a blowup doll and allowing it to hit him with the canadian destroyer. Alot of people know the opponent does most of the work in that move. But showing it like that kinda kills the move for people who are fans of the move.

I hope you never find out about the Irish Whip

Shit like this

-----------------------

He did some comedy matches back in the day. Guess that means its okay to call him a piece of shit.

Wait, you think the Young Bucks are going to be competing in ROH anytime soon? :lol: They just started their own company. The reason AEW exists is because the Elite have done everything there is to do in wrestling outside of WWE and they don't want to go to WWE. Literally no one else can get first dibs on it aside from AEW.

Besides, Cornette has nothing to do with that 'feud'. It's between the two teams...not him.

Cant wait till the TV show gets up and running because as decent as this card looks, its kinda cheapened by all the story events that took place at Fyter Fest. Its just odd and feels like were supposed to forget everything until All Out. For example, MJF and Spears certainly should not be teaming together and Cody is just gonna put the man who brained him on hold so he can compete in a tag team exhibition. I know its very possible and even likely that they somehow progress these stories during the show but at first glance its like ???????

It's just random filler exhibition shows to showcase a sample of the roster and wrestling AEW will offer but I don't think it cheapens things too much or especially that it'll backfire on them.

Double or Nothing had and All Out will have big matches with stories but the tv show will be the official start of everything properly and that's fine.

Your gonna hate it but he does have a point. Why would MJF team with Spears after what Spears did to his mentor Cody? Should be Spears/MJF in a singles.

Because it's an easy way to get to Spears? Or it's all a ruse and they're plotting to take Cody down together? I mean, there is a dozen ways this thing could go. You are literally doing the wrestling equivalent of judging a book by it's cover.

------

As for them just putting random matches together. They're not by the way (I don't even follow their Youtube videos and I can tell what's going on), but so far they have managed to put everything in context by video packages, recaps or commentators putting the story over. If you can't follow what is going on and are bored by it then that is your problem, not theirs. You are either too dumb to be able to follow simpler and subtler stories, you aren't paying attention, or you're just looking for things to bitch about because you have such a boring and pathetic life that you need the stimulus. Several of these matches have existing stories for people that care enough to follow the company on social media and all of these matches allow the most casual of viewer to catch up as the matches progress and let the story progress as they perform. It's not like they are doing long-form storytelling at this point, most of these matches have rather simple (but effective) stories. Then you have to remember that by the time their weekly TV starts they will only be 4 shows deep and for the most part these shows are showcase shows. Especially Fyter Fest and Fight for The Fallen. They are not meant to be huge climaxes to stories and these blood feuds coming to a head. They are designed to showcase their budding roster and give people a taster of whats to come in the future. Every wrestling company that has ever existed do showcase matches where they pitch Guy A vs. Guy B because it'll be fun to watch them wrestle. Let's not pretend like AEW are doing anything worse than anyone else because you can't sit still for long enough to try and care.

That being said, these shows do have several matches that are accomplishing long-form storytelling and they are doing it very well. DoN and All Out specifically.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived