Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

ANd as I menioned, OC is extremely over, one of their top merch sellers, etc. To me it makes sense to see him in such a prominent spot, especially when I know he's not winning. 

Okay, well...you're clearly a PAC guy...

So...get back to me when he kicks out of 3 red arrows and beats PAC with a rollup to earn the title shot.

12 hours ago, Generations said:

Okay, well...you're clearly a PAC guy...

So...get back to me when he kicks out of 3 red arrows and beats PAC with a rollup to earn the title shot.

Lol dude ain't kicking out of the Black Arrow, though he will likely win with Mouse Trap. And I genuinely don't mind. OC is built up enough that I can buy that kind of finish.  We've had PAC vs Omega three times now in AEW. Kenny vs OC is actually a fresh matchup. And whether it's OC or PAC who wins (likely OC) neither is about to dethrone Kenny, so it doesn't make a difference to me who gets the shot right now. It's just gonna be a fun one off defense. 

You know after rewatching the blood and guts match it wasn't as bad as it's made out to be besides the ending but I think they backed themselves in the corner with a stipulation that you can only win if the other team gives up because that leads me to believe the only way they can ever end this match is pretty much how it ended with MGF and Jericho they should have kept the simulation where it's give up or pin

That ending to Blood & Guts was the worst ending in AEW history. I mean obviously I didn't want to see Jericho land on concrete, but come on. Get *censored*ing creative for pete sakes.

I hate that anyone has to state that though, NO ONE wanted him to take a bump on concrete. 

It's a stupid narrative created to defend a laughable finish. 

It's frustrating as it purposefully trys to pie off any legit critism, you see it ALL the time. "but.. but.. look at the key demos!" "everyone complained when Matt got injureddd" "well he wasn't gonna take a bump on concrete!" 

End of the day the bump looked atrocious, the camera work was sloppy, Jericho with his eyes open letting people at ringside know he's okay was baaad. 

They deserve to be rightfully sh** on when they serve up sloppy wrestling. It's needs to improve, everyone knows wrestling is fake but don't insult your audience. It's a problem on both shows, the wink winks to the camera, the amateur props and gimmicks and the cosplaying wrestler stchick doesn't grow an audience, its keeps the very specific niche crowd that'll defend all the ludicrous stuff they serve up.

If you can't pull off an angle convincing, then don't do it! 

Honestly, they could have ended it with MJF getting Inner Circle to throw in the towel. It would have been a solid enough moment on its own...similar in style to a classic Eddie Guerrero moment. Going for the "he's such an asshole that he's going to do it anyway" angle was a great idea in theory...but, terribly executed.

actually didn’t like B&G as much as i hoped, but before i get into that i wanna say the Kenny promo went on entirely too long for me especially if OC is obviously not gonna say anything back. on top of it being long, it was shallow. either cut it short or be more than an after school bully.

the B&G match wasn’t bad i guess but it was messy. a lot of the criticisms people have with the in ring product of AEW kinda showed here. i understand not wanting to be a “spotfest” and focusing on the grittiness and personal hatred of the guys but the problem is they still went for big spots and the grittiness and whatnot made the setups pretty much non-existent. buncha punches and then double piledriver spot and it’s like how exactly did we get here? it’s probably a side effect of the commercials but yeah. also the botches happened at the worst times. botches are whatever but when they happen for a big spot or moment it really sucks. i can tell they wanted to sell how powerful Wardlow is by having him yolk up Hager easily that one time, but he fell, and everybody awkwardly watched him readjust and it was oof. 

the ending has been talked about already but man...one thing nobody has mentioned, MJF had Jericho on two feet just grabbing him by the shirt...you can’t have me believe the legendary Chris Jericho was defenseless in that situation. bro is standing on his feet, that’s 90% of the struggle solved already, simply remove MJF’s hands from your body. i can understand if maybe Jericho was like dangling off or something but no, he was just chilling hoping MJF would leave him alone. and then honestly the landing was just funny, commentary couldn’t even sell it because they knew how goofy that shit looked.

Here's the thing about Blood and Guts, also...

The War Games match is fundamentally better, because there is no suggestive pretext of the match relying on blood or violence. If you name something War Games, then you need only deliver a "war"...which can mean any number of things. But when you specifically call it "Blood and Guts", you're saying "this is always going to be bloody". In kayfabe, you can bleed whenever you want. But, outside of kayfabe, you could have countless fights end without so much as a single drop of blood. So...it's a weird concept to begin with.

The only other match type to specifically mention blood is "First Blood"...and that makes sense, because there must actually be blood for there to be a winner. I know they legally couldn't call the match "War Games"...but there is surely a long list of names that would be more inclusive and less damning than "Blood and Guts".

I think originally Cody got the trademark for "The Match Beyond", which was the nickname for WarGames back in WCW I believe. Last I read, WWE tried getting it back. I like "Blood & Guts" personally lol

Speaking of them, apparently WWE thinks this match set the business back 30 years lol

“set the business back” is hyperbolic because we’ll forget about it in a couple weeks but damn...a zoomed-in shot of Jericho falling onto a Serta mattress and wallpaper really does not help shit.

3 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

I think originally Cody got the trademark for "The Match Beyond", which was the nickname for WarGames back in WCW I believe. Last I read, WWE tried getting it back. I like "Blood & Guts" personally lol

Speaking of them, apparently WWE thinks this match set the business back 30 years lol

The Match Beyond is the part where all the teams are in and the match actually begins. That’s where it comes from.

Not a fan of the name “Blood and Guts” either. It’s a dumb name.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived