Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Elevation is consistently worse than the standard Dark. Paul White has no soul on commentary.

 

Konosuke Takeshita is cool tho.

Edited by Generations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy how much Excalibur added to that match he guest commentated for since no one wanted to research Takeshita's DDT work lol

Shame Excalibur can't be full time member of the Elevation team. He'd probably die taping all those hours of wrestling between Elevation, Dark and Dynamite lol

The rankings system have also sucked but...if they're gonna keep em, maybe wins on Dark and Elevation shouldn't count anymore? Max Caster should not be #3 contender already due to all his wins on these smaller shows. Or at the very least, the wins have to be against actual signed talent lol

They need to limit Orange Cassidy's new theme just for his singles matches. Best Friends coming out again to it later in the show makes it feel less special. They better not give it to Kris Stat when she returns in-ring on Wednesday.

Same thing with JungleBoy's theme and Jurassic Express. Just keep it special for when JungleBoy works singles matches.

Edited by Fight Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Crazy how much Excalibur added to that match he guest commentated for since no one wanted to research Takeshita's DDT work lol

Shame Excalibur can't be full time member of the Elevation team. He'd probably die taping all those hours of wrestling between Elevation, Dark and Dynamite lol

The rankings system have also sucked but...if they're gonna keep em, maybe wins on Dark and Elevation shouldn't count anymore? Max Caster should not be #3 contender already due to all his wins on these smaller shows. Or at the very least, the wins have to be against actual signed talent lol

They need to limit Orange Cassidy's new theme just for his singles matches. Best Friends coming out again to it later in the show makes it feel less special. They better not give it to Kris Stat when she returns in-ring on Wednesday.

Same thing with JungleBoy's theme and Jurassic Express. Just keep it special for when JungleBoy works singles matches.

Agreed on the themes. I get their mindset is "Hey, we paid extra for the music, we wanna flaunt it" but keep it special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Wednesday Night War kept me from watching Dynamite. i chose NXT and i’m too lazy to come back and watch the replay of AEW. i wanna start keeping up with this show now that there’s nothing else. to be honest, i follow/subscribe to all AEW accounts and rarely does anything catch my eye or make me want to care. i know there’s like a shitload of stables now though lol. hopefully it clicks for me when i sit down and actually watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EJ! said:

the Wednesday Night War kept me from watching Dynamite. i chose NXT and i’m too lazy to come back and watch the replay of AEW. i wanna start keeping up with this show now that there’s nothing else. to be honest, i follow/subscribe to all AEW accounts and rarely does anything catch my eye or make me want to care. i know there’s like a shitload of stables now though lol. hopefully it clicks for me when i sit down and actually watch.

As a major AEW stan... it's a bit scattered at the moment. They're consistently great about certain aspects of storytelling (planting seeds, long term stories, most stories are logical, allowing creative freedom to let acts like Dark Order go from awful to the most over on the show), whilst being very messy about others (interference for the sake of it, assuming a lot of outside product knowledge from their fans, Young Bucks trying to tie Big Show on turns). I do think it's more fun than NXT has been the last few months though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The show has been a complete mess the last couple months. It's been an endless string of beatdowns, turns/breakups, six-men tags, blood, and comedy gags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EJ! said:

the Wednesday Night War kept me from watching Dynamite. i chose NXT and i’m too lazy to come back and watch the replay of AEW. i wanna start keeping up with this show now that there’s nothing else. to be honest, i follow/subscribe to all AEW accounts and rarely does anything catch my eye or make me want to care. i know there’s like a shitload of stables now though lol. hopefully it clicks for me when i sit down and actually watch.

This is my exact situation lol, except I still don't really feel like keeping up with AEW (other than occasionally seeing their Twitter and Youtube videos). Maybe I just don't have time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jeb ★ said:

This is my exact situation lol, except I still don't really feel like keeping up with AEW (other than occasionally seeing their Twitter and Youtube videos). Maybe I just don't have time.

What’s your weekly wrestling schedule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant in life with how busy I try to keep myself :lol: I only care enough to make time weekly for RAW (barely given how shit it is nowadays), NXT, SD and WWE PPVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Bucks are wearing Dior 1s. those bitches go for at least $5K right now. i appreciate the dedication to the heelishness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Man Scout in the crowd.

I really don't want to see him in AEW...

 

Nevermind. My friend just told me he was already on Dark this week. I guess they're signing him too. Too many damn comedy gimmicks in this company...

Edited by Generations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if that was a work punch from Tyson then that was really good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 7:07 PM, Fight Me. said:

Crazy how much Excalibur added to that match he guest commentated for since no one wanted to research Takeshita's DDT work lol

Shame Excalibur can't be full time member of the Elevation team. He'd probably die taping all those hours of wrestling between Elevation, Dark and Dynamite lol

The rankings system have also sucked but...if they're gonna keep em, maybe wins on Dark and Elevation shouldn't count anymore? Max Caster should not be #3 contender already due to all his wins on these smaller shows. Or at the very least, the wins have to be against actual signed talent lol

They need to limit Orange Cassidy's new theme just for his singles matches. Best Friends coming out again to it later in the show makes it feel less special. They better not give it to Kris Stat when she returns in-ring on Wednesday.

Same thing with JungleBoy's theme and Jurassic Express. Just keep it special for when JungleBoy works singles matches.

You jinxed her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nobody:

Darby: “who said i won’t jump off that shit right *censored*ing now?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Generations said:

I saw Man Scout in the crowd.

I really don't want to see him in AEW...

 

Nevermind. My friend just told me he was already on Dark this week. I guess they're signing him too. Too many damn comedy gimmicks in this company...

A lot of people on Dark aren't even signed lol AEW has a weird tier system, I mean Red Velvet wasn't even a full-time roster member until after the Shaq match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another pointless hardcore match for no apparent reason and what was the point of banning the inner circle and Pinnacle from ringside and they're allowed to bring a partner to the ring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian is great, he seems somewhat lost in the shuffle. As does almost everybody tbf. He made Hobbs look good though, he's a great seller. 

 

Main event was trash. Sting looks like he's rather be anywhere else. It's stale. Darby is stale, we get it he's reckless but when he's reckless every week, guess what, it gets stale. The run ins are stale, the hardcore matches are stale. It's STALE.  It's feels like the slop TNA or WCW would serve up back in the day. 

Edited by Kman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after watching a full episode for the first time in a while, i don’t know, something’s missing for me. the messiness with the run-ins and constant brawls is clear but i don’t even think that’s my biggest issue. i think it’s the delivery of everything. i think they lean a tad too hard into what they think would resonate with the demo. it’s definitely an alternative considering main roster WWE seemingly just doesn’t give a *Censored* what fans like half the time lol, but AEW seems to give too much of a *Censored* which i didn’t know was a possible problem until watching this. i think a lot of shit ends up feeling insignificant and unserious in their attempt to stuff as much content into two hours as they possibly can.

 

all that said, i’ll still watch. the problems are far from irredeemable and they’re not enough to keep me away, but i think NXT currently is the best product for the demographic. AEW just needs to trim the fat and make the product a little more focused and i think naturally the events and the characters will start to feel like a bigger deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit.

NXT only went up to about 800K viewers but I can see their number growing too. Love seeing positive reviews for both shows all around this week.

8h7hknQ.pngThey beat the NBA.

Edited by Fight Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAMMA F'N MIA!!!!

If the Good Brothers can get on Dynamite every week just doing jerk off motions in the background and get paid, why don't they fly out Rich Swann and built this match a little. Their title is on the line after all.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...