Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Cody/Red Velvet vs Shaq/Jade wasn't an embarrassing disaster. They used Shaq properly by having him wrestle like the Great Khali (lol) and Jade, while clearly green, looks like she belongs in the ring. But -- and this is a little suprising to me -- the psychology of the match was ass. They seriously had Cody's boys act like slimy goons by having them hit Shaq from behind with a chair? Wtf? And then they had Jade set up a table later in the match? Was this not a regular mixed tag match with normal rules? Good job burying the ref so you can have Shaq do a stunt. And then they had Jade ignoring her opponent for what felt like forever so she can stand there looking all concern for Shaq. But then in the post-match after having won, she poses in the ring all happy without a sign of concern for Shaq who's lifeless body is lying in the rubble. What a weird image. Yeah, she won but show some continuity.

So not a disaster, but it wasn't that good either.

Oh wow, JJ Dillon.

Ok, it feels like there's too many older stars on the show tonight. Jericho, Bischoff, Tully, JJ, Arn, Big Show. It's a bit much in a small span of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronnie Garvin fireball in the face reference. I did not see that coming. lol And that bit referencing Gaga's Dog-walker incident... wow, what a heel. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

I guess Kurt Angle is the HOF signing..

It could very well be. I was thinking didn't they just bring him back after his release? But I guess it was just that one time on NXT for the Fight Pit and that was already last summer. Apparently they wanted him to come in as Riddle's manager but he turned it down.

It would be cool with their relationship with Impact if they could use some TNA footage for his debut vignette. Surprised they haven't done that already with Sting or others. People don't wanna admit it, but Kurt spent his prime years there and he even had a longer run there than in WWE.

Edit: I read some people say Paul Wight said someone HOF worthy, meaning not in a HOF already...hmm.

Edited by Fight Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I wanna say, what a fun go-home show this was.

 

I didn't know beforehand that they were calling this "The Crossroads" and were treating it as a special. Shaq was in there just enough not to embarrass himself, he was good at all the big man stuff they showed him. I don't think a match with Paul Wight would've ever been good tbh, so the classic big man/little man dynamic was perfect for him.

I didn't notice til this pod I listen to pointed out that the Inner Circle legit does a "town hall meeting" type of segment every other week. So whatever, but it was cool to see Conrad and the brawl was fun.

I think there's a missed opportunity not having 10 in the ladder match. There's a story there with -1 and bringing the TNT title back to the Dark Order. But at least they took him out with shenanigans and it continues the story with the Matt Hardy Brand.

Listen, I want focus on the younger talent as much as the next guy, but it was cool seeing Tully. I was so scared for him and I feel like his knees were ready to give out any second, but he looked good. Beat up Marko real good like we all wanted and I went crazy for the slingshot suplex. Shawn Spears was a nice surprise. I think people were expecting him to show up on Impact for a bit after he said he needed time away and his profile got taken down apparently. Perhaps things didn't work out like with Sammy. JJ Dillon being there and Arn at the end was a nice touch. Not sure why they didn't give them all a moment to leave before just moving on to the next segment but it seemed to have bothered JJ as well. I think there's some heat there with JJ and Tony. :lol:

Paul Wight's debut was alright. I know they're tryna not make it all about him, but the guy didn't even get his own theme song. He came out to the AEW Dark theme. C'mon, respect the legend a little. :lol:

All in all, good show. I hope new people tuned in for Shaq and liked what they saw enough to stay. The show was getting us ready for the PPV and I am hyped tbh. Hope they keep the ball rolling. Didn't expect to write so much so I'll just spoiler tag this. :lol:

Edited by Fight Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are speculating the HOF worthy legend jumping over is...

 

THE INSTANT CLASSIC, BABY.

Apparently WWE and Christian couldn't come to an agreement after the Rumble. Maybe WWE didn't wanna give him another run. Who knows.

Edited by Fight Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pleasantly surprised Shaq took that table spot and even did he do a wrestling move like a powerbomb.

 

Did he walk away to the back instead of going into the ambulance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, they showed him in the ambulance, they cut to a commercial break, and then when they returned they had Tony discovering Shaq had disappeared. Which was... odd. And it went unaddressed for the rest of the show. Which was also... odd.

The Young Bucks trying to act tough was a good laugh as always. I liked how their line on how Jericho would have been a curtain jerker in NXT inadvertently buried their own company. They do realize that this "curtain jerker" was their champion for months and is one of their top draws? Don't you think it makes your company look dunno... a bit second-rate since they made this would-be NXT curtain jerker their champion?

BTW did Paul Wight call the PPV Evolution? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he's a hall of fame worthy ,a big asset and it's not who we think he is.


So big asset and hall of famers worthy are

The Rock (He's not wrestling in AEW for sure)
Cm Punk (he's not who we think he is,im sure he referred that line for punk)
Brock Lesnar
Christian Cage


So yeah it''s between CC or Lesnar.


Take a screenshot guys.
 

Edited by HeLLBlaZer#14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my friends suggested Cena...which I think would be hilarious. Vince would literally die if that happened.

Anyway...I'm not sure what is intended by saying "not who you think". I mean...I can't really think of anyone who would be obvious. Kurt Angle seems like an obvious choice after someone like Sting walking in. And while I wouldn't be against Angle in AEW...it's hardly a "huge get". Would be cool to see him manage someone, but that's about it. I really hope it's someone who can legitimately still wrestle, and isn't just another old-timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a really fun episode.

The Shaq match was actually not too shabby for someone who's not a wrestler. And the Brodie-Bomb was so dope.

Death Triangle are so awesome. That was a high flying slaughter that I'm not used to and I'm here for it.

The 6 man tag was surprisingly great. Like, the way their incorporated Tully was perfect. Spears needs to grow either stubble or a beard though, dude looks chubby clean shaven.

Ryo winning is whatever. There were a good few other people in the tournament on either side I'd have preferred. Solid match though, and I'm sure her and Shida will deliver.

Neither 10 nor Caster should've been in consideration for the ladder match, but here we are. Slot could've gone to Kingston instead.

I'm very curious who the 6th man will be though. Last time they teased it, it was Cage debuting post-injury. If it's not a new signing, idk who would fit for a surprise. Guevara? Wardlow?

Hangman and Dark Order together make me believe there is good in the world.

Regarding the Paul Wight tease... I'm inclined to think it's Christian. Dude just returned, he has an Impact relationship, definitely a HoF career.

Dark horse pick, idk why, is RVD. Just a weird feeling in the back of my head. Of course Punk is the "haha jk... unless??" type pick.

Praying to whatever God might exist it's not Lesnar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

No, they showed him in the ambulance, they cut to a commercial break, and then when they returned they had Tony discovering Shaq had disappeared. Which was... odd. And it went unaddressed for the rest of the show. Which was also... odd.

The Young Bucks trying to act tough was a good laugh as always. I liked how their line on how Jericho would have been a curtain jerker in NXT inadvertently buried their own company. They do realize that this "curtain jerker" was their champion for months and is one of their top draws? Don't you think it makes your company look dunno... a bit second-rate since they made this would-be NXT curtain jerker their champion?

BTW did Paul Wight call the PPV Evolution? lol

I caught that too I think that is the Young Bucks stock line for anyone from WWE. Because it made no sense. He is one of the few people causal fans and people who don't currently watch the show know. And if their was no AEW Jericho still had ton of options not WWE. Like NJPW, Fozzy, Radio show, cruise, and a ton of other stuff he probably does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you reverse the other of the matches I thing the show probably would have felt better because the Shaq match should have been the main event.

I am glad AEW knows Max Caster belongs as a singles. Bowens tries but he adds nothing to Caster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, X-zero said:

If you reverse the other of the matches I thing the show probably would have felt better because the Shaq match should have been the main event.

I am glad AEW knows Max Caster belongs as a singles. Bowens tries but he adds nothing to Caster.

Everybody was tuning in at the start of the show for Shaq, with the hope of people staying to check out the rest of the show. I agree the match was highlight of the show but there probably would've been people falling off just waiting til the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

AEW hasn't crossed 1mil, right? I don't care about ratings and so I don't keep up with them but am just curious what is the closest AEW has done done to that mil mark

I think they did, i vaguely remember that there was a big week long talk about it...but i could be wrong on that.

Shaq did far better than expected in the match, i wonder if we finally get the match between big show they both always wanted in the wwe.

As for the HOF worthy person, i doubt its Lesnar.
The guy would do a lot for the right money, but i still think he would stick with the wwe.
RVD i think said a few weeks ago that the wwe interviews him for a documentary or so, so i would assume he is bound there at least for a while.
Angle is a possibility but i feel he has lost a lot of his standing in recent years.
The Rock seems unlikely too, but he is the rock, he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Punk already once got an offer from AEW and if i remember right, called it an insult...he wasnt very happy because it was too little according to rumors.

I honestly dont know who it could be, will be interesting to see who it is in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Everybody was tuning in at the start of the show for Shaq, with the hope of people staying to check out the rest of the show. I agree the match was highlight of the show but there probably would've been people falling off just waiting til the end.

Usually you want your marquee match on last  so people will watch your undercard and see other future then they may like. When you put on the thing everyone came for first after they see that they usually leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HeLLBlaZer#14 said:

Brock Lesnar has been removed from WWE Shop and from the rsoter. now im pretty sure it's Lesnar

I think it's been like that since his deal expired last summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

I think they did, i vaguely remember that there was a big week long talk about it...but i could be wrong on that.

Shaq did far better than expected in the match, i wonder if we finally get the match between big show they both always wanted in the wwe.

As for the HOF worthy person, i doubt its Lesnar.
The guy would do a lot for the right money, but i still think he would stick with the wwe.
RVD i think said a few weeks ago that the wwe interviews him for a documentary or so, so i would assume he is bound there at least for a while.
Angle is a possibility but i feel he has lost a lot of his standing in recent years.
The Rock seems unlikely too, but he is the rock, he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Punk already once got an offer from AEW and if i remember right, called it an insult...he wasnt very happy because it was too little according to rumors.

I honestly dont know who it could be, will be interesting to see who it is in the end.

I believe it was one of the weeks where AEW and nXt didn't go head to head so if the nXt move rumor is true then AEW probably will break 1 million a lot more.

Guess wise I would guess Goldberg, Jeff Jarrett, or Nick Aldis. And my long shot guess is Melina to give Shida a high profile feud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goldberg is signed to WWE for another two years.

Jeff Jarrett is a WWE agent.

Nick Aldis seems to be sticking with NWA and is someone who you don't hype up as "HOF-worthy." 

Melina is also someone you probably shouldn't hype up as HOF-worthy. Plus, Tony confirmed the person is male.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...