Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Graeme Jones said:

How would it have been even better? That pop was off the *censored*ing charts lol XD

Don't get me wrong, the pop was unreal but it was more of a "holy s..the rumours were true - He's here" pop

I Wonder how the crowd would've reacted if he'd just walked out without the music and rumours and everything..

Would the crowd be silent before erupting or would they go crazy right away?

2 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Daniel Garcia is a damn good technical wrestler but it's a shame he doesn't seem to have much of a character/personality and isn't much on the mic either. I hope he signs with AEW though but just needs some work 

Still suuuuuper fresh to the industry in general. I've watched him for years now since he was just riding with people trying to get a spot by setting up the ring and he's come a long way very quickly even on just intensity and mannerisms in ring. Hopefully he can pick up at least the Ken Shamrock level of intense promo or something that will help him coast. Dude is a work rate monster and that should take him far alone. Or get him a manager, pick one.

Still rewatching and thinking about CMs debut. What a moment in wrestling history. I haven't felt this way about wrestling in forever, as much as I don't like alot of what AEW offers, I cannot fault them on this. I hope they deliver on what is admittedly a fantastic start. 

17 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Would the pop for Punk be "better" if they didn't "know" he was coming?

Honestly, the opposite is true. They opened the show with raucous "CM Punk" chants because the fans knew he was there. They didn't know he was necessarily going to open the show...so it was still a surprise. But the chants to open the show were definitely increased tenfold by the fact that they knew that was the night, and they expected it to happen. You really can't argue otherwise. The entire weight of that moment came from the opening chorus of "CM Punk" then segueing to "Oh my god, he's actually here!" 

5 minutes ago, Generations said:

Honestly, the opposite is true. They opened the show with raucous "CM Punk" chants because the fans knew he was there. They didn't know he was necessarily going to open the show...so it was still a surprise. But the chants to open the show were definitely increased tenfold by the fact that they knew that was the night, and they expected it to happen. You really can't argue otherwise. The entire weight of that moment came from the opening chorus of "CM Punk" then segueing to "Oh my god, he's actually here!" 

Yup.
Look at the whole week, the whole week there was this air around, this anxiety, this crackling in the air that something is happening.
We had those teasers, the reports etc but we didnt knew it...we hoped, we expected...but we didnt knew.
And that made it ten times more exciting.

He is me making a presentation in class. I love that little weirdo lol

It's crazy how in pretapes, "Forbidden Door" Tony Khan on Impact is a completely different animal. I hope one day he's comfortable enough to show that side of him in front of a crowd lol

16 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

I guess PWT are allowing orders for the CM Punk shirt. Was able to buy one for my gf and I. 

My bro wants one but he said he'll wait for when we go to the show here next month. I told him have fun waiting in that long ass line if those pics of the line going two floors long is anything to go by. :lol:

I was also reading comments about how they didn't put a limit to how many shirts people could get so some people bought stacks of the Punk shirt. So it sold out before a lot of folks could get em. F.

2 hours ago, Generations said:

I still can't believe it, man. 

Shit hurts my heart.

Yeah, cant believe it was a year ago.

1 hour ago, Generations said:

Anyone see Tony Khan's promo before the Punk show? The guy is such a spaz. I love it. Hahaha

I love his passion and weirdness...crazy.
He is us if we would have a shitton of Money to build a big Wrestling Promotion.XD

-.-.-.-.-.

Do i see that right, Punks Debut has 4.5 million views on Youtube? Insane.

The fact that Punk's debut is almost at 5 million views is awesome. Pissant T-Shirt company? Punk can't draw a *censored*ing dime? AEW not competition? WWE need to wake up and face facts that AEW are competition! 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived