Guest Fight Me.

8 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Character or not/heel or not, he shouldn't have said that shit! I don't think he should be released or even punished but just don't let him go that far again and edit him if he does.

Yup.
But it is what it is.
If he cant handle the heat or the effect of his actions...he can *Censored* of as far as im concerend.
If this is enough for him to take his ball and go home, then i dont need or want him at AEW.

Rape jokes or joking about Mental Health is an absolute no go, especially after the "Me too" and "speaking out" movement.
If he cant be creative enough to draw heat without going this low, he can leave imo.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Anthony Bowens came out to his own theme/tron, but they still mentioned he is apart of The Acclaimed and he still had the boombox gimmick. Hmm.

That’s not good. He’s the better wrestler of the two, but AEW is filled with good wrestlers and he doesn’t stand out without Caster. 

I think Keira Hogan could be a breakout women’s star for them if they play their cards right. 

Lol...y'all are gonna be right back on board with Caster when he returns in a couple weeks and does a funny rap. He went too far, and that sucks. But quit trying to act like the guy isn't a star. There's no need to destroy him just for being a dipshit one time. And we don't even know if he's "refusing to take responsibility" or "taking his ball and going home". There has been no official word on anything regarding him or his career. We don't even know if he was truly suspended or not. Everything about him and this situation is hearsay. The ebay thing doesn't mean anything either. People get new gear all the time. Saying "I don't think I'll need these anymore" doesn't necessarily mean anything other than exactly that. 

1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

You know this may just be me but I'm from a time in wrestling with stuff was a surprise with punk and aw making so many obvious references to it I kind of losing interest in his return if he does return

Yeah, but I get it. Gotta sell out a HUGE arena and tryna get guaranteed ratings.

Plus apparently TNT didn't like when they surprise debuted Sting cause they would've liked to promote it. That's why Paul Wight got announced when he signed. So I'm guessing it's to keep them happy too.

Rampage crowd is HOT for this show.

Great reaction for Lee Moriarty.

Maybe I missed why Brian Pillman is wearing a singlet but it needs to stop immediately lol

I don't know why people are acting like the inside jokes and teases are ruining his big return.

Tbh, I don't think this was ever going to be an "OMG" type debut. Punk squandered way too much of his notoriety in his years of inactivity. Is it still a big deal to see him back in the format that made him famous? Of course it is. And I will be right there enjoying it with everybody else. But at the same time, there was just never going to be that "Holy shit, it's CM Punk!" level of hype. Really not sure why people seem to have been on that train in the first place. 

But honestly what impact can he really have? Like he didn't move numbers in the UFC, Sting, Christian, Cien, all didn't bring in numbers. Like i feel like the fanbase that wants Punk already watches AEW. And in ringwise there are so many people in AEW beyond Punk. He honestly would be better in a *censored*ed up WWE. Like tons of talent when they leave WWE i can picture dream matches for Punk right now in AEW i can't. 

15 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

WWE i can picture dream matches for Punk right now in AEW i can't. 

Punk vs Kenny Omega

Punk vs *Bryan Danielson

Punk vs Eddie Kingston

Punk vs Malakai Black

Punk vs MJF (for the promos alone)

Punk vs Ricky Starks (also for the promos)

Not to mention, AEW allows talents to work places like NJPW, RoH, Impact, NWA, AAA, etc.

So...you're effectively accessing that whole talent pool as well.

Finally...we don't even know if Punk is wrestling. He might just be a commentator. In which case...AEW is way better for him.

Punk vs Kingston is what appeals most to me. Could be a perfect entry feud, tbh...because Kingston is exactly the kind of guy who could shoot off a promo about Punk barely surviving the UFC, and essentially call him a pathetic bitch. It would be a good feud to reintroduce Punk to wrestling and give him some credibility back when he goes over Kingston (who then shakes his hand and says "You're alright. Welcome to AEW.")

7 hours ago, Generations said:

I don't know why people are acting like the inside jokes and teases are ruining his big return.

Tbh, I don't think this was ever going to be an "OMG" type debut. Punk squandered way too much of his notoriety in his years of inactivity. Is it still a big deal to see him back in the format that made him famous? Of course it is. And I will be right there enjoying it with everybody else. But at the same time, there was just never going to be that "Holy shit, it's CM Punk!" level of hype. Really not sure why people seem to have been on that train in the first place. 

I didn’t say “ruined.” I said the references are getting annoying. CM Punk this. CM Punk that. It’s been nonstop the last few weeks and I now I’ve reached the stage where I’m sick of hearing it.

12 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Just started. 2POINT0 RULES.

Also, why did they change the entrance tunnel??? I don't like it. Unless they sent the old ones back to Impact. :shifty:

Just assuming a change for the week. Like them adding the stage ramp to the ring. 

7 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I didn’t say “ruined.” I said the references are getting annoying. CM Punk this. CM Punk that. It’s been nonstop the last few weeks and I now I’ve reached the stage where I’m sick of hearing it.

I’ve never once heard the CM Punk references and said “damn, that’s annoying they should stop that”. 

I mean, you literally still have people that doubt he’s showing up. They want to guarantee they get the highest rating in their history. We gonna fault them for that ?

also: they’ve never not ONCE ever uttered his name, so “CM Punk this, CM Punk that” doesn’t even make any sense. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived