Guest Fight Me.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:54 AM, glennsoe said:

Haven't seen the show yet,but read online that it seemed JR wasn't fond of the Jericho/Cage match and it was clear during his commentary..

Also Juvi next week? Been a fan of his for many moons.,so I'm looking forward to the match

JR was indeed justified. The match just didn’t click pacing wise. Of course weapon spots hide shit the same way they did with the HIAC match with Foley and Taker. Classic for certain reasons but sloppy in other ways. Not a bad thing but JR’s commentary now makes sense because even watching it live I was like…..he can’t be bothered. He was calling shit but he was like ehh, phone it in time. The pairing also just didn’t do much. Idk.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

part of me would hate it because of how much i love Page and want him to be the top babyface that he spent the last two years becoming, but if Punk/DBry truly do get in the way, there are justified kayfabe reasons for a heel turn.

or, and i will keep saying it until it happens, they can turn Cody into a top super heel because that alone would unlock sooo much of this roster. MJF is a great heel but i don’t know if i buy him as a tippy top heel yet and i’m not sure what he has to do to get there but he’s more of a little shit than like a legitimate evil villain and i think Codington can be that. like he can just do what he was doing in the Bullet Club but just crank it up to 100.

6 hours ago, EJ! said:

part of me would hate it because of how much i love Page and want him to be the top babyface that he spent the last two years becoming, but if Punk/DBry truly do get in the way, there are justified kayfabe reasons for a heel turn.

or, and i will keep saying it until it happens, they can turn Cody into a top super heel because that alone would unlock sooo much of this roster. MJF is a great heel but i don’t know if i buy him as a tippy top heel yet and i’m not sure what he has to do to get there but he’s more of a little shit than like a legitimate evil villain and i think Codington can be that. like he can just do what he was doing in the Bullet Club but just crank it up to 100.

Actually wrestle and get wins instead of having him do angles where he or his team are swiftly foiled by the babyfaces after they do something dastardly to them.

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Actually wrestle and get wins instead of having him do angles where he or his team are swiftly foiled by the babyfaces after they do something dastardly to them.

yes good point i suppose that would help lol. hopefully it starts with him beating Jericho clean.

17 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

I *censored*ing knew Punk and D-Bry would derail Page's storyline. 

Who said it was though ? I still think Page winning at Full Gear is the better call, but I’d have been fine if they wrestled at All Out too. But who’s to say they don’t find a way to get him back as #1 Contender ? No one knows right now and it’s exciting. 

I could see him having a gauntlet and beating all of the Elite like Kofi had to do in 2019. 

4 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

It just feels like he's been through so many trials and tribulation already to get where he's at that adding more to it just seems unnecessarily excessive. If they don't pull the trigger at some point in the very near future it could turn into a complete farce.

Exactly this. The crowd is hot for him at this very moment pull the trigger now and get the belt on him.

The thing I really don't get about the Page situation, is that they did 5-v-5 tag. So...instead of making it an elimination where Page went all the way to the end and then lost, they could have made it for one fall, where one random member of Dark Order was the reason why he didn't get the title shot. It seemed very counterintuitive to build it up so much like this was gonna end with Page's triumphant moment, only to be so completely denied.

Now it not only looks like Page himself wasn't good enough...it looks like Page with all the friends in the world wasn't good enough.

they’re turning him into Dolph Ziggler quick. it’s all just shitty timing because even if he did win it at All Out, it would’ve been either out-shadowed that night or very shortly after. if and when Page wins it should be the biggest moment and the most important thing in the company, but that can’t happen with Punk and Bryan on the way. they could have him start from the bottom again but the writers would have to do some insane character work to keep him somewhat hot and i don’t know how much gas is left in the Adam Page story arc. 

Dude imagine that, Owen Harts family letting them use Owen Harts name and all...what a deserved slap in the face of the wwe this would be.

But outside of pettyness i would love it.
His family does a good job honoring his legacy but on a bigger scale you could do a lot more in his name, for his legacy.

other than obviously Omega, Punk vs Mox should be a big money feud if they do that. as a matter of fact i’m looking forward to that more than a feud with Kenny. they kinda only brushed by each other when they were in WWE, but the promos alone should make that a crazy rivalry.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:58 AM, The Nerd said:

That match was below Jericho. I’m sorry, just my opinion. Shit was trash. Excited for Jericho vs Juvi though!

I don’t think so at all. If anything, I see this as Jericho redeeming himself for that weak ass war games spot and he accomplished it. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived