Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this gotta be a smokescreen report. All Out seemed like the perfect moment, and i know he lost the match on Dynamite but i thought they would pull some Kofimania shit. i appreciate long term storytelling but damn i really hoped his was time now.   

do doo-doo dooooo ??

This sucks man.

I love Punk and Bryan, but they shouldn't be rushed to a world title match so soon. They're already teasing Punk-Darby, that's a fine first match to do. And Bryan doesn't need to come in til the stadium show. I don't agree with this, this story has been building since the start of AEW, they must go through with it. If they wanna do Punk-Omega or Bryan-Omega after, that's fine but those matches don't need the title.

Yes but they absolutely do not need the title right away. You can make a new star in the meantime with Adam Page. He is OVER too, don't let that slip away. Don't make the mistake WWE does and not pull the trigger when the time is right. It should be Adam Page's time now, do not ruin his story arc that has been told since THE VERY BEGINNING OF AEW.

Someone did bring up though that Hangman does have a baby on the way. No clue when it's due, he posted the picture back in June. But that would be an understandable reason not to go with him now. Even though it hasn't stopped Mox and Cody for more than a few weeks.

I assume they don't want the impending arrival of Punk and/or Danielson to take away from Hangman's big moment, so Khan is stepping off the gas momentarily. Or they have some MAJOR angles planned, either way its quite jarring considering the build up so far. I've also thought it was far too early to take the belt off Omega considering they're billing him as the wrestling god, gives him time to get some more notable defeats under his belt. 

Just bought this Punk shirt. I had the original white one from MITB 11, but I think I sold it a year ago because it was too small and had some bleach stains. Gonna rebuy that one maybe next week. And I’m excited to see what his AEW merch will be 

3F84D9FE-C6BF-4221-A617-6C61B17F2CF8.jpeg

Punk coming in and winning the title is not something that I think would be considered a "good" business move. Bryan would be better received for that...and I don't think that's a great idea either. We need to see if Punk can even go before he's gonna be challenging anyone for anything. By all counts, I'd still put Hangman as the logical choice for next in line. Bryan vs Omega seems like THE match to do, though. Personally, I would have Bryan win the IWGP US title when he arrives...and then Omega would challenge him because he wants another belt. Of course, that depends on Bryan being signed to NJPW...and both NJPW and AEW wanting to book that match.

It’s just insane how AEW has invigorated my passion in professional wrestling so much. I’m glad I’m not a WWE stan and have been able to enjoy other companies since I started watching. Because you know that’s a tall task for others 

3 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Was Haku a one time appearance?

Most likely. Seemed like the kind of thing where NJPW just wanted Archer to beat one of their guys so they could set up the Tanahashi challenge.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hikuleo on AEW some more...but I'm not holding my breath for it. 

Just remembered Mark Henry doesn't have a commentary partner yet for Rampage...What if Punk does show up and just sits down at the table? :hqhq:

Nah but seriously they NEED Excalibur there for that night. Cause I can't imagine Mark Henry and Tony or whatever other oldhead they wanna give a chance try to be hyped for that moment. They bout to "It's...It's Christian" Punk's ass lmaoo

I honestly see Mark being almost as annoying as Big Show on commentary. You already know that Punk would be a fantastic fit. Excaliber and Tazz are amazing. Schiavone is solid. If Eddie Kingston wants to retire from the ring, then I think he would be amazing as well. I just don't know if Henry and Wight are worth keeping on. They seem like guys who should just be coaches or something. I'm giving Henry the benefit of the doubt until I hear what he offers...but I have a funny feeling.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1246889-kurt-angle-turned-down-offers-from-aew-and-impact-wrestling-plans-to-make-a-non-wrestling-return?fbclid=IwAR0FCvPlhptVbZD9NYnf9wWe-DWSV0ldpp5WMeYjm64ksJh_sqExLgdd1G8

Good for Kurt. I thought he might be one of the final labors for Jericho...but it sounds like he's definitely slowing down now.

Take it easy, champ.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, Generations said:

If we were talking about Jericho from a few years back...who only hit homeruns, then I'd understand where you're coming from. But, Jericho has been in rough shape for several years, and has done far more questionable things, IMO, than the match with Gage. I'd say the entire feud with Orange Cassidy was worse than the Gage match. My point in bringing up those other things is just that Jericho's stock has been lowered considerably already. So, I'm not sure that there is really all that much "below" him. He seems more like a guy who is looking to have some fun and experience the handful of things that he has yet to experience in the industry...and Jericho has always been about changing the question when you think you've got the answers. To me, the deathmatch thing is just another example of classic Jericho saying "you don't know where I'm going next". 

Ok I don’t want to be a closed off can’t have a conversation dick so let’s chat I guess. I’m a huge Jericho mark. So even when I made(I still stand by my post) that statement I was still speaking from a non mark standpoint believe it or not. Jericho is indeed in his 50’s, he’s indeed “past his prime” as many say. He did indeed lose the AEW title. Shit happens. I’ve never heard of him losing any other title. It happens. And when he lost it it’s not like the title even had prestige or meant anything in the moment. It was a brand new world title and yes that’s how all titles start or started but had he lost it now if he was champion at this current year then I would definitely get your point. Now, I said it was below him because even though he said he wanted to do a deathmatch, even when he was in ECW it didn’t come off sloppy. As a match and execution wise, it was sloppy to me. And that’s my opinion. And again, that’s ok. I just found the match sloppier than post prime Jericho standards. Story wise, I love the program with MJF and even moments in the deathmatch I liked. Overall though, outside of story I feel it’s below him past his prime or not. Again, some bias but not complete bias. To me, it was below Jericho. If it does in fact lead to his retirement maybe my opinion will change. Because at that point the grand scheme is different. You know? 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived