Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

The crowd is cheering for man who attacked a retired, old man who did nothing wrong. His actions are heel but the crowd loves him, so that’s why I’m saying he should have debuted as a babyface.

You say this like plenty of faces didn't whoop Briscoe and Patterson's asses for no reason during the attitude era.

1 minute ago, Generations said:

You really seem to be missing the part where pro wrestling is about fun and entertainment. FFS...

Man, what is your deal? lol I’m just questioning the shit I just watched much like you question or bury WWE’s shit (and rightfully so).

12 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Man, what is your deal? lol I’m just questioning the shit I just watched much like you question or bury WWE’s shit (and rightfully so).

The entire point of the labors match is to give people shit that they aren't expecting. Fans always complain about having no continuity in pro wrestling. Now, you get an angle like this (where MJF recalls something that was said in the past and uses it against Jericho), and you act like it makes no sense. It's a great shout to Jericho's past. And the stipulation being that Jericho needs to hit a top rope move to win really adds everything you need to give Juvi the advantage. The labors are about more than just picking the hardest opponents for Jericho...it's just as much about mind games. I just don't know how you can sit there and completely miss the intention of an angle like this. It's one of the most cohesive things we've seen in any promotion in a long time.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived