Guest Fight Me.

they gotta tighten up on time during these shows because it sucks when things get rushed. for instance, Team Tazz turning on Cage didn’t feel like a big deal. they didn’t even show Cage’s reaction to the betrayal. it all felt very regular. something like that needs more time.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, glennsoe said:

2k released details on theire nba game today

Cover stars

Trailer

Release date

Should give us hope that something for wwe2k22 is soon coming

3 minutes ago, EJ! said:

they gotta tighten up on time during these shows because it sucks when things get rushed. for instance, Team Tazz turning on Cage didn’t feel like a big deal. they didn’t even show Cage’s reaction to the betrayal. it all felt very regular. something like that needs more time.

Honestly I don't think they what events they should stick longer on and which ones they shouldn't and it's not the first time they've done this so I don't know who they have controlling this production like that considering they have some Legends that should know how to do that but my guess is if you're not on the boss's favorites list any big moments you have they move quickly past

I'm so glad to see Hangman's still over with the crowd. Although it hasn't been handled as well as I would of liked I do love what they're doing with Page as far as his insecurities go. I hope it all pays off with a great feel good moment. 

4 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Darby no selling the Ego’s Edge from the top rope to the steps was what bugged me the most about that match. That was a solid finish for a match right there and they wasted it.

I actually agree with both of you. The match itself was a lot of fun, but the finish and post match were stupid as hell.

I like Darby and have enjoyed most of his matches but it's kinda frustrating that he has the ring skills to be and do more and save the gimmick/hardcore stuff for special occasions once in a while but instead he relies entirely on crazy wild spots and gimmicks. He's like a modern day Mick Foley or Terry *Censored* but fails because they had way better and more entertaining characters/personalities to pull off being that crazy 

22 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

He's like a modern day Mick Foley or Terry Funk

Let me stop you right there.

He's nothing like either of them. He's more like Jeff Hardy...and even then, he's too small to compare. Also, Jeff seems entirely more genuine than Darby. Maybe it's because of his history with drugs and alcohol, but...Jeff doesn't seem "above" anybody (and never really has). Darby has this air about him. He's willing to hurt himself, but it always feels like it's for the wrong reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Generations said:

Let me stop you right there.

He's nothing like either of them. He's more like Jeff Hardy...and even then, he's too small to compare. 

I ain't talking about his physical look. His ring style is more comparable to Jeff Hardy but he's mainly all about being hardcore, doing crazy & dangerous spots. 

He is very much like them in so many ways but yeah except he's a small guy

6 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I ain't talking about his physical look. His ring style is more comparable to Jeff Hardy but he's mainly all about being hardcore, doing crazy & dangerous spots. 

Foley and Funk were brawlers who existed in a hardcore landscape. They weren't really intentionally hardcore. At the end of the day, they were brawlers.

And, as I started to touch on in the last post...Jeff Hardy was over because it always seemed like whatever happened to him would pale in comparison to his own personal demons. Darby is straight-edge, and it always seems like  he's intentionally doing bodily harm to himself because he's addicted to it. It's like he never had an addiction to drugs or alcohol...so he found something else to fill that void. It's not really a good look, tbh. 

See...I think the opposite is true. I think they've built him entirely too much to be something he isn't. I think the reckless spots are just about all that he has, and we're now seeing how quickly that can get old. I don't think he's a strong promo, or even a strong performer. He's a spot guy...and people will grow tired of seeing him do the same kind of spots. Eventually. 

I think Darby has a little bit of Jeff, Sting, and Foley. If you saw Foley on the Broken Skull Sessions he said that guys/girls should use what they have seen and filter through it and make it their own and that’s what I see in Darby. Yes he has aspects of other characters but he also super original too

I'm just not sold on Darby actually BEING what he says he is.

He used to be kind of intriguing when I first saw him on AEW. He had the whole story about being "half dead" because he survived a car wreck and lived through the death of his uncle. But, after seeing what he posts on social media, it seems like he's just obsessed with shock value. And there isn't too much that is cringier than sitting in a hot tub full of milk and fruit loops. That was only one post, and it was probably a year and a half ago. I just never forgot it...because it was that moment when I said "Oh...this is who he actually is." He wants to be seen. He isn't that person who says "nothing really matters". To the contrary, he wants people to see him. If people stop looking for five seconds, he needs to break his back to get their attention. And that's really not a skill. 

Darbys always gonna be a bitch to me cause there was that super hot moment in PWG where Trevor Lee was tearing him up and he gave Darby a chair and held his arms open and waited for a shot to the head and the crowd was going nuclear and he put the chair down and it was such a lame moment. The pop if he hit Lee would have been so massive. 

Just feel like there are so many people who do what Darby do so much better, which makes the Jeff Hardy comparison funny cause i feel the same way about that dude. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived