Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, EJ! said:

apparently he has experience in the industry? feel like i should be familiar with him because people on Twitter are saying he’s always been a great promo

Same. The name Dan Lambert sounds vaguely familiar, but I don’t think ever seen him before. Apparently he’s involved with MLW based on what I’m seeing.

Just now, PaperThinWalls said:

Same. The name Dan Lambert sounds vaguely familiar, but I don’t think ever seen him before. Apparently he’s involved with MLW based on what I’m seeing.

I think he was involved in Impact in a program with Moose.

Solid B+ episode for me. It went quick.

I don't know if the first lights out earlier in the night was a botch, or if it was intentional to give the false sense of security later on. It actually did work for the latter (at least for me). I literally thought the power just went out again, especially since it was just an Arn promo. Seemed too random of a spot for anything to actually happen. Pretty solid debut for him...but I don't like the name or the sinister appearance, tbh.

Andrade did alright. Nothing to write home about. I still want him to break away from Vickie, but I guess that can wait. 

The promo from Dan Lambert was not only excellently executed, but also hilarious. EVERYBODY DIES.

Main event was disappointing, but they literally ran out of time. AEW has a problem with time keeping.

Everything else was...fine. Just nothing too noteworthy. 

Credit pwinsider

PWInsider.com is told that back when Tommy End was moved to the main WWE roster several years ago, the company failed to update his contract from the standard 30 day non-compete that NXT level talents receive to the 90 day non-compete that main roster performers are given. So, what can only be described as a bad clerical error allowed End to be free and clear in time for the first episode of AEW Dynamite on the road and surprise everyone.

1 hour ago, Generations said:

I don't know if the first lights out earlier in the night was a botch, or if it was intentional to give the false sense of security later on. It actually did work for the latter (at least for me). I literally thought the power just went out again, especially since it was just an Arn promo. Seemed too random of a spot for anything to actually happen. Pretty solid debut for him...but I don't like the name or the sinister appearance, tbh.

Just a man that respects continuity.

Dynamite was good. Seeing Black was a surprise. I'm not sure about the first name though. He would have went by "Thomas Black" or something. 

Also, seeing Dan Lambert was odd. He used to annoy me when he was with Impact.  All in all, a great show.

AEW can be kinda sloppy at times, but man, it's just consistently so much fun to be a fan of theirs.

I'm so hyped for Malakai Black. So hyped. If you had asked my for a top 5 of people I wanted in AEW from WWE like a year ago, I'd have probably listed Black, Andrade, Breeze, Cesaro and Asuka. 2/5 are now there, with Breeze likely on the way. I'm just so excited to see wrestlers I love presented with a proper spotlight. Also thrilled that this QT feud is over, Cody vs Black is gonna be gooooood.

Kenny/Hangman promo was a lot of fun. I'm hyped for their showdown.

Re: Andrade - It was a solid, but not amazing, match. I'd like a rematch, as I think he and Sydal can do way better, but it was obviously meant as more of an Andrade showcase than a proper match. That said, dude really needs a better finisher. Has he ever had a good one? He looks and wrestles like a star, but between the DDT and STO... his finishers always seem to be kinda week.

Street Fight was freaking awesome. 

My one complaint is the show needed more womens division showcase. First touring show should've had either Shida or Rosa on it IMO, not just a Baker promo and a mixed tag.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived