Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kman said:

Well for me the feud and Pinnacles credibility died pretty early on with the beat down and swirly they received by Inner Circle. Pretty much 2 weeks after forming and beating down Inner Circle, seemed ass backwards to me.

Even with B&G, Inner Circle for the most part seemed to destroy the Pinnacle, diminishing them further to me. The finish obviously fell flat and I hate the defense of 'what did you expect?!'. I expect them to either do a stunt convincingly or to not bother at all if it's going to look phoney as hell. Same argument I had with the Barbed wire match, nobody actually wants these wrestlers to take silly risks or be injured but the obviously fake gimmicks are the worst.

The problem I have is it all feels so cheap and amateur, like watching a high school stage production when you can clearly see how bad and poorly constructed the props and set are. It only usually rears its ugly head during gimmick hardcore matches, which would be excusable if they weren't having those sort of matches every other week.

Exactly. I don't buy the "If they used a different camera angle, it would have looked better" argument. No it wouldn't. If they shot it differently, it still would have looked fake. The material they used was clearly not what it's meant to be. And so if you can't disguise the gimmick properly, you don't do the spot. It's that simple. Come up with a better idea.

Found the FITE feed where they continue the action instead of going to break. It helped a lot, even if it was a lot of laying down, FTR looking exhausted trying to expose the ring and Jericho just hanging from the side of the cage hyping the crowd up til they came back from break. One thing I didn't see cause I skipped PIP last night that I liked was Tully attacking the ref and opening the door. That should've been on the show lol

I liked the match but it really should have been on ppv to avoid commercials and they just had to have an ending like that. The push was weak and as soon as jericho landed on that padded cushion, all energy was sucked out and it was just cringe .

Kinda crazy to me that wwe (main shows or nxt) probably would have done the spot much better and more realistic.

I liked most of the match. 

My main issue was how the closing moments were just about MJF and Jericho. Everyone else suddenly became an afterthought, which sucked.

And like people said, I didn't like how Inner Circle really dominated way too much of the match.

Also, logically, I feel like the entry order was kinda weird. Dax and Sammy starting worked for me, but why is Spears second? Don't you want your tag team in there since they can best take advantage of a 2 on 1? And even when it was Sammy & Ortiz, FTR would theoretically maintain the advantage as a seasoned tag team. This is maybe a nitpick, but I just didn't follow the thought process.

But I did enjoy a lot of it. Wardlow looked really good. Sammy shined. Ortiz looked great when he came in. 

And I didn't hate them going up top. Jericho climbed the Cell with HHH didn't he? Kind of a callback to that for me. I don't hate the finish either. The spot itself looked pretty fake but....man, I don't know, I guess this shit doesn't bother me as much as other people. I'd rather comfortably know Jericho is safe than them risking something really nasty. I get why people are upset by it, it's just for me personally I didn't care. Not nearly as bad as the sparklers lol.

2 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Their viewership is actually going down week by week

8 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Exactly. I don't buy the "If they used a different camera angle, it would have looked better" argument. No it wouldn't. If they shot it differently, it still would have looked fake. The material they used was clearly not what it's meant to be. And so if you can't disguise the gimmick properly, you don't do the spot. It's that simple. Come up with a better idea.

I did love who did the painting or printing  on the card board was good I need that kind skill it would work from long distance view 

At least when WWE uses crash pad they don't actually show them crashing on to it for the first time it's usually blocked by something and then they reveal it

And as for the viewers if you actually look they're still going down slowly they're going down they lost 100,000 people this week and they promoted a blood and guts match you know if they WWE promoted a war games match on TV everyone would tune 

But I think it's pretty obvious that orange Cassidy is going to win because for some reason Khan is like his biggest fan and I don't see what the big deal about him is he tries too hard to do comedy routine he's not even that great of a wrestler

Did anyone read what Tony said about the difference between WWE and aw he doesn't want to give the fans DQ finishes and count out to prolong something so they just bury the ref

Man, AEW is in such a weird predicament where almost anyone can win either title, but in the process of not everyone being able to be champ, so many guys have nothing to do. 

I guess it’s a good problem to have ? Idk. I don’t think they should sign any top male talent for a while. Women’s division still needs work. It’s almost like every division is overloaded. 

7 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Also kinda weird it took that long to set up the cage. War Games doesn't do take that long and all they did was add a roof. 

No that makes sense mostly because I believe this is a e W's first cage match WWE had years of experience of setting up and tearing down different cages there was no trouble for them

Oh and what kind of BS is telling fans oh you paid your heart and money but the first couple matches are taped but we want your reactions to it

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

That’s not gonna happen so I don’t even know why bring it up. But I hope they do now. 

They spent about 5 minutes hyping the scenario on Dynamite. It's not like I was "bringing it up" for no reason.

OC has been almost as notorious as Darby for getting win after win...and the way they did the faceoff between Kenny and OC on Dynamite made it pretty obvious that OC will be defeating PAC to get the title shot at the PPV. So...yeah. I definitely don't put anything past AEW management right now. They play some very obvious favorites. It would make no sense to squash Kenny's momentum during his "belt collector" angle...but I still don't put it past them.

Everything about the way Kenny brushed Cassidy off made it seem like losing the belt to him could be a real possibility. It's wrestling 101.

That is how you would book that promo if that was your intention.

2 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

because he the owners fav wrestler and pretty much the most pushed guy on his roster

Also one of the most over. Crowds always went berserk for the guy.

There's a 0% chance he's winning though, idk why anyone is acting like he is. He's just a babyface for Kenny to beat while we wait for Hangman to get his shit together.

14 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

There's a 0% chance he's winning though, idk why anyone is acting like he is. He's just a babyface for Kenny to beat while we wait for Hangman to get his shit together.

Honestly...a big part of it for me is the fact that he's in the conversation for a title shot to begin with. I just don't see him in that league. I'm getting burnt out with AEW's "underdog" booking. It isn't "underdog" if the smaller people are constantly winning. Spike Dudley was an underdog. People like Darby and Orange Cassidy are OP'd to shit. You can't even call them underdogs if they are able to kick out of 3 finishers and win with their hands in their pockets.

Also, what do you mean by "get his shit together" for Hangman? I'm sure he'd rather be in the title chase than having random matches with Dark Order in his corner. Management are the ones booking people like Darby and Orange as gods while people like Hangman, PAC, Penta, and Archer do nothing...just like how we have all these great tag teams hung up in pointless stable wars while we get Bucks vs SCU for the millionth time. Break up 'Inner Circle'. Put those belts on Santana and Ortiz. Let them do something...

Also with them doing this makes it either obvious that Moxie or Kingston's going to get involved or they're not going to do anything with that feud on the Pay-Per-View cuz I've noticed that pattern as well that they don't ever finish feuds as pay-per-view they usually just finish them on Dynamite pay-per-view is just filler their matches

4 hours ago, Generations said:

Honestly...a big part of it for me is the fact that he's in the conversation for a title shot to begin with. I just don't see him in that league. I'm getting burnt out with AEW's "underdog" booking. It isn't "underdog" if the smaller people are constantly winning. Spike Dudley was an underdog. People like Darby and Orange Cassidy are OP'd to shit. You can't even call them underdogs if they are able to kick out of 3 finishers and win with their hands in their pockets.

Also, what do you mean by "get his shit together" for Hangman? I'm sure he'd rather be in the title chase than having random matches with Dark Order in his corner. Management are the ones booking people like Darby and Orange as gods while people like Hangman, PAC, Penta, and Archer do nothing...just like how we have all these great tag teams hung up in pointless stable wars while we get Bucks vs SCU for the millionth time. Break up 'Inner Circle'. Put those belts on Santana and Ortiz. Let them do something...

I mean that entirely in kayfabe. Hangman seems hesitant to go for Kenny again, he flat out ignored any mention of his #1 contendership status from Marvez. 

ANd as I menioned, OC is extremely over, one of their top merch sellers, etc. To me it makes sense to see him in such a prominent spot, especially when I know he's not winning. I'm down for any of those guys to get next (specifically Archer, gimme) but funny enough, I think any of the guys (other than Page) you listed have the same chance to beat Kenny as OC - zero.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived