Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardboard and crashpads will be the end of AEW. That was the same energy as the botched explosion.

Fans aren't stupid, and we don't like being treated like we are.  It's literally *censored*ing insulting.

One of the biggest criticisms of AEW has been their notoriously fake weapons....and it has been addressed enough times by now that something should have been done about it. It's not an oversight or a mistake...it's intentionally treating people like we're stupid. Even WWE has a better record with this stuff at this point.

I appreciate it wasnt a table stunt show like NXT’s War Games always devolves into and I liked that we got blood (although it was way too early). That said, NXT’s War Games is better. The pacing for this match was really, really bad. Way too rushed. Not enough milking and selling — and the 3 commercials killed the flow. Then there’s the Inner Circle getting way too much offense and controlled what felt like 90% of the match which made the already weakly booked Pinnacle look weaker than they should. And then there’s, the finish. Yet another fake and hokey one. The crash pad was so obvious and they made the babyfaces look like morons for falling for the heels’ shit. I also don’t like them getting out of the cage and doing shit on ceiling in their first one of these. It just buries the cage.

Another thing...

It seemed to me, that as soon as Jericho and MJF went to the top, the people in the cage just kinda laid there in either ring and stopped doing anything. I'm pretty sure that is what the VERY loud boos were about. And again...that just reads as a giant middle finger to the fans. Even if there hadn't been people booing so loudly, I still would have wondered what was happening in the ring while the fight was happening on the top. It wasn't like there were 50 seconds left in the match. They basically just abandoned all coverage inside the ring and went solely to the top. AEW needs better production in almost every area. Their corner-cutting is getting more obvious over time.

I love a good spot fest, but NXT War Games is more of a Indy spot fest. Just a bigger spectacle overall.

AEW Blood & Guts was definitely a more personal, violent brawl. The blood added a lot too. The NXT matches were great, but I think I prefer this style. I also loved this cage more than WWE’s. 

11 minutes ago, Generations said:

Another thing...

It seemed to me, that as soon as Jericho and MJF went to the top, the people in the cage just kinda laid there in either ring and stopped doing anything. I'm pretty sure that is what the VERY loud boos were about. And again...that just reads as a giant middle finger to the fans. Even if there hadn't been people booing so loudly, I still would have wondered what was happening in the ring while the fight was happening on the top. It wasn't like there were 50 seconds left in the match. They basically just abandoned all coverage inside the ring and went solely to the top. AEW needs better production in almost every area. Their corner-cutting is getting more obvious over time.

Yeah that always bothers me whenever a match like this goes down. I’m sure there’s reasoning behind it, but still 

11 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

I love a good spot fest, but NXT War Games is more of a Indy spot fest. Just a bigger spectacle overall.

AEW Blood & Guts was definitely a more personal, violent brawl. The blood added a lot too. The NXT matches were great, but I think I prefer this style. I also loved this cage more than WWE’s. 

The NXT War Games is increasingly becoming tiresome, so don’t take me favoring NXT War Games over this as an wholehearted endorsement either. I’ve liked one or two of those. But this had such a bad pace, lousy layout, and shitty finish that I have to choose NXT’s version over this. This was a major disappointment for me.

Blood blood blood..

And that's before the main event that was built on, "promised" and depended on what..blood...

Tone it down and you'll do better or you'll take years of the wrestlers careers for basicly nothing (looking at you Darby)

Here's another problem with aew they expect people to watch both shows their YouTube show and dynamite to know what the hell's going on they need to stop doing that and put more promos regarding storylines on Dynamite because only the hardcore fan base is going to watch the youtube show on a regular basis your casual fran probably won't bother with the YouTube show but then they watch the main show and get confused cuz they don't know what's going on or why

The Young Bucks/SCU tag title match is a good example of this. SCU has barely been on Dynamite during this whole if “SCU loses, Daniels retires” storyline. So this upcoming match doesn’t feel as impactful as should because most of SCU winning and Daniels gaining his confidence back has taken place on YT.

1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

And that's the reason why you'll never grow I'm pretty sure aw as a private company they don't have to release their financial records I'm kind of curious on see how much money they're actually making or losing

The connection that AEW has with PWT is huge for them. Most of the talent there are selling a dozen different shirt designs per year...in volumes that are crashing the site on occasion. As for the show itself, most of the value of a television show is from ad-revenue. Until the viewership of Dynamite begins dropping off, that's a guaranteed upside. They have a primetime slot with TNT, which I'm sure pays well, and they have ad revenue (lord knows they take enough commercial breaks). And you can tell a lot about the revenue of a show based on who is advertising during them. With AEW, you have a lot of commercials for other shows on TNT...which means TNT is probably paying them a lot. AEW is probably one of their top draws, even when the numbers are underperforming.

I'm sure they're doing just fine, and the wrestlers are making their own money on the side by selling shirts and doing NJPW/Impact/Indies, etc.

At worst, I could see AEW being moved by TNT to another night, if they want to show something live, like NBA or ONE...

But, I don't think AEW is performing poorly at all (despite the show really being pretty bad).

I think the biggest problem from the ending of the Blood & Guts match had to do with the camera angle exposing the cushion or whatever it all was. I mean obviously the right amount of fans didn’t want to see Jericho really land on a hard surface and those same fans know that 99% of spots like that have some type of safety shit for the person to land on so why expose that? WWE and AEW gotta do a better job on not making it super obvious that the person is gonna land on a soft surface if they gotta do a closeup shot of the impact or the aftermath. 

Twitter once again is a lovely thing to see btw.  

Now here's what I have a problem with Jericho I don't remember where said this is just the start of the feud I'm sorry but a blood and guts match it's not how you want to start this view because there's no way to raise above it unless they do something crazy other match for it you can't just have a normal match now to blow off this field blood and guns should have been the last match of this view not the beginning because there's no way to go up from here unless they go triple cage 

Not to mention when you have a pay-per-view a couple weeks away they should have saved this match for a pay-per-view

The prison jumpsuits that were a nice touch

Well for me the feud and Pinnacles credibility died pretty early on with the beat down and swirly they received by Inner Circle. Pretty much 2 weeks after forming and beating down Inner Circle, seemed ass backwards to me.

Even with B&G, Inner Circle for the most part seemed to destroy the Pinnacle, diminishing them further to me. The finish obviously fell flat and I hate the defense of 'what did you expect?!'. I expect them to either do a stunt convincingly or to not bother at all if it's going to look phoney as hell. Same argument I had with the Barbed wire match, nobody actually wants these wrestlers to take silly risks or be injured but the obviously fake gimmicks are the worst.

The problem I have is it all feels so cheap and amateur, like watching a high school stage production when you can clearly see how bad and poorly constructed the props and set are. It only usually rears its ugly head during gimmick hardcore matches, which would be excusable if they weren't having those sort of matches every other week.

But how much does people want to bet that Jericho will be on next week acting like he wasn't hurt or took any damage at all after the match like they did for the barbed wire match

I believe the Dean Ambrose versus Kenny Omega unsanctioned match was the only time they ever sold the match after the match happened

Yeah but aw has a tendency to throw these matches on regular TV and screw over their pay-per-views their next pay-per-view is little over 3 weeks and they've only announced two matches I suspect a lot of throw together matches as aw has a Tennessee to put their feud enders on regular TV

I'm really hoping that they'll have TNA guys start interfering soon to get their title back but I doubt that's going to happen

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived