Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Part of the problem is I can't take them seriously as threatening wrestlers when they're goofing about with these stupid gimmick matches and storylines. It's kinda conflicting having wrestlers now being so open about being 'gaming nerds' on the actual programme. Its hard to take anyone seriously when they're feuding about videogames and the like. It also makes the wrestlers a whole lot less badass and harder to take seriously in feuds imo. It just doesn't work for me, comes across like they're playing. 

No one else bothered about The Pinnacle being bitched out within 3 weeks of them forming? Thought it was WAY too early for Inner Circle to get their revenge. As essentially they've evened the score already in the feud, if not more so as they completely destroyed and showed up the Pinnacle.  Obviously they're gonna continue but why on earth should anyone take them as a serious threat now? 

Tbh, I was half-asleep during that part. lol I do recall thinking it was silly how Jericho and his goons were hiding in their bathroom (total Jericho idea) and MJF running away bit was straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon.

So yeah, what I remember seeing undermined the credibility of this new group and it sucked.

The biggest problem I have with AEW, is that their "hardcore" stuff is really obviously faked. Even WWE does a better job most of the time with making their props seem more legit (most of the time, this is because they are using legit weapons). I swear, AEW uses plastic ladders instead of wood/metal ones. They've definitely used rubber barbed wire before. All the glass is sugar glass. Again...there are precautions that need to be taken with dangerous spots...but, my eye is trained to see this kind of bullshit. I've watched enough actual deathmatches to see through this blatant mockery of violence. If you aren't going to do a more convincing job with these matches...then stick to the chair, kendo stick, and table spots...because, at least those still look fine.  Also, I don't think that "arcade" match should have been at ringside to begin with. They could have taken the time to deck out one of the backstage areas as a proper arcade and shot the match back there. I think that would have gone a long way in making it more tolerable. As a cinematic match with the right setting and the right props, it could have been a blast. What we got was some "cereal prize" bullshit.

2 hours ago, Generations said:

The biggest problem I have with AEW, is that their "hardcore" stuff is really obviously faked. Even WWE does a better job most of the time with making their props seem more legit (most of the time, this is because they are using legit weapons). I swear, AEW uses plastic ladders instead of wood/metal ones. They've definitely used rubber barbed wire before. All the glass is sugar glass. Again...there are precautions that need to be taken with dangerous spots...but, my eye is trained to see this kind of bullshit. I've watched enough actual deathmatches to see through this blatant mockery of violence. If you aren't going to do a more convincing job with these matches...then stick to the chair, kendo stick, and table spots...because, at least those still look fine.  Also, I don't think that "arcade" match should have been at ringside to begin with. They could have taken the time to deck out one of the backstage areas as a proper arcade and shot the match back there. I think that would have gone a long way in making it more tolerable. As a cinematic match with the right setting and the right props, it could have been a blast. What we got was some "cereal prize" bullshit.

I agree and that arcade match proved how everything fake it was like the fake arcade machines and then they make a big deal saying he's so strong for lifting one up when it's completely hollow and the styrofoam ice hockey table

That fake arcade machine was embarrassing. I can’t believe they thought that was good enough to use in the match. 

Yeah, hardcore matches with obvious phony props is definitely worse. No question. But hardcore matches with kendo sticks and chairs suck, too, because they’ve become so frequent, formulaic, and spotty. I also don’t like people needing to take more and more needlessly risky spots to get over. There are better, safer ways to get over and I just wish these wrestlers would understand that more.

Daylight edition lol

I'd love to see a pretaped Dynamite during the day one time.

Paul Wight's shave job is a tragedy lmao

Dr. Britt Baker has a new tron with blood everywhere lol

Big opportunity for JD Drake. I would not be surprised if he got signed afterwards.

Still surprised WWE didn't sign him after he was in that big title match on that Evolve special on the network.

Not sure if Paul Wight's phone went off on commentary or if it's part of MT Nakazawa's gimmick lol

Nakazawa's finisher parodying Don Callis 69'ing Kenny Omega. :lol:

Jake The Snake isn't made for commentary. He's just quiet and kinda evil laughs lmao

Was not expecting a serious sit-down interview with Paul Wight and John Silver. Good stuff.

I swear every new promotion Matt Hardy joins, he tries to get this move over but never does. ROH, Impact and now here. Don't remember him trying it in WWE though when the Hardys came back. :lol:

The HFO (Hardy Family Office) name sucks ass.

I don't think I'll like the team of Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page more than their previous teams (SCU and The North), but let's see. They look good together at least.

Jericho wasn't lying when he said TNT didn't like surprises after Sting's debut. That's why Paul Wight's debut had to be advertised and now this lol

I wonder how they're gonna use Tyson considering Jericho is face now.

Why is it -1 "Brodie Lee Jr." instead of "-1" Brodie Lee Jr? His name is not a nickname lmao

All of Jersey is pissed we aren't getting Blood & Guts (WarGames) anymore. *Censored* you Daily's Place. ???

Did I miss something in the 4 hours of Dark content a week or is Peter Avalon just injured? Why did Ryan Nemeth take over the group and added JD Drake lol

Poor Drake getting the Keith Lee treatment with his gear.

New theme for just The Bunny or Butcher & Blade too? Don't like that they use the HFO tron though.

Anthony Agogo been doing commentary on Dark instead of working matches all this time. Hope he's ready next week.

I'm surprised this Bullet Club theme has lasted this long. I would've been working on a new one as soon as I heard version one lmao

The Bucks need to talk to Trent? about how to glue bandanas to their heads lol

Should've put this on YouTube at least.

I'll keep updating this with results as they happen.

d4fNLfI.jpgBig look for him debuting with The Elite.

JWOWW's ex-boyfriend is wrestling on the show. Making sure he gets introduced as a Jersey Show star to get some heat lol

Pres10 Vance's Full Nelson seems more aggressive than Lashley's tbh lol

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived