Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

That Frankie and Christian match, for me, was a tad bit dry. Christian didn’t look bad at all though. Just didn’t click for me. 

I missed that match. To me, Christian doesn’t click at all with the AEW “style”, so signing him was a bit of a head scratcher. But hey, it’s not my money. lol 

All of these beatdown/blood angles are great, but they should really space them out. We’re starting to get blood every week and as much as I love it in wrestling I don’t want it to lose its specialness. 

We had 2 juicings within what, 30 minutes of each other ?

I like the gang warfare thing they have going on. Reminds me of when WWE had DX, Nation of Donination, Los Boricuas, DOA, etc. Maybe QT isnt the most interesting leader but I’m a fan of the factions thing for now. They’ve yet to form a really cool group, though, like a DX.

AEW always seems to half-ass things. Like...the main event was advertised as an arcade match, which makes you think that more of the actual arcade machines would be used. Instead, the spots were cardboard and styrofoam bullshit...air hockey tables, whack-a-mole...and a "stage" that was clearly just tables stacked up with black cloth on top. The weird prize table was also corny af. I dunno...I wasn't expecting much. But I thought they would use more of the traditional arcade stuff, and less of the blatant props. The backstage brawl between Pinnacle and Inner Circle was better, and it had no right to be.

The overall episode was fine. Kenny and Good Brothers vs Lucha Bros and Laredo Kid was the best part of the show, and should have been the main event. Return of Kris was fine. Would have been better if she returned in the actual women's division and staked a claim instead of being used as a prop. But, whatever. 

12 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah but still...gotta love wrestling twitter sometimes, when they aren’t busy getting offended by something or cancelling someone 

Wait.. Twitter is used for MORE than just those two things?! 

Got to admit, I didn’t give a shit about QT up until about a month ago. I even remember leaving the AEW Dark taping when him & Dustin walked out in Atlanta after Dynamite. They’ve been telling a nice and slow story over the past month. I really dig it and where it’s going. 

21 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I like the gang warfare thing they have going on. Reminds me of when WWE had DX, Nation of Donination, Los Boricuas, DOA, etc. Maybe QT isnt the most interesting leader but I’m a fan of the factions thing for now. They’ve yet to form a really cool group, though, like a DX.

Yes that's fine but I'm okay with a lot of factions if there's some kind of reason to bring them together not just randomly create one just to create one because the main point of a faction is to get one person over and the rest are just supporting cash that may or may not actually grow from it but throwing everyone a different factions also causes people not to have the same spotlight anymore as individuals while becoming background players while they're pushing that one person

But I'm pretty much getting tired of AWS same week by week stuff

There's usually a no disqualification or gimmick match every week or at least way too many of them

matches are overbooked where there's always some kind of outside interference or a run in beat down

And anyone else notice that a lot of people get kidnapped or disappear in aew

An aw is missing the one thing they need WCW had it WWE had it they're missing that one person that can be the face of the company that's Superstar that wrestler that they can build and revolve the company around that people can tune in to watch

ECW had one WWE had one they're still looking for a new one after John Cena left but they'll find one WCW had one TNA even had one

But right now aw does not have a star they can build a company around and they desperately need one

Just finished the episode, lots of hits and misses.

Christian vs Kaz was kinda rough. I guess it makes sense for Christian to have ring rust, but dude looked really gassed. Maybe because Edge seemed to just jump back into things, but I didn't expect it.

I really don't care for QT Marshall. And now he has a stable of people I don't care about. I like Cody, but all this Nightmare Family crap is my least favorite part of AEW. Just feels like he plucks the least exciting people to be part of it.

I really like Tay Conti getting more exposure. She was so awkward in NXT but has really come into her own. Badass finisher too. Bunny on the other hand, such a week finish.

Pinnacle/Inner Circle Brawl was awesome.

6 man tag was fun, and Bucks joining with Mox next week is cool.

Main event was fun too. I popped for Trent and Kris, so awesome to have them back!

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived